OtakuBoards

Animes, that aren't well known!

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gokents [/i]
[B]whats gto? [/B][/QUOTE]

GTO is [i]Great Teacher Onizuka[/i]. But the show/manga is actually called "GTO". It's about this 22 year-old well, pretty much loser. He has big hair, went to a 5th rate college, and doesn't have a good job, really. His favorite ocupation is to look up girls skirts. Then he decides he wants to be a teacher, although at first it's so he can nab a 16 year-old girlfriend. It goes on from there.

X certainly does deserve more publicity. It's such a cool series. I think it's some of Clamp's best work. Kamui and Fuuma are so cool ^^ And it's got some cool mass destruction scenes in there....:devil:

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard of both and seen both of them. I like Guts (Gatsu) from Sword of the Beserk. Gate Keepers was weird, I still liked it though. It was made by the creators of Blue Submarine No. 6 right?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kouberei [/i]
[B][COLOR=blue]Okay. btw, who's the romance between?[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

The two kids, the manager and the actress and a few more minor characters. I just forgot their names.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Utena_Tenjou [/i]
[B]
and basicly the stuff people buy at the stores,a lot of people say their otakus but have only seen the edited kiddy stuff on T.V. [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with you its sad how the word otaku is loosely thrown around and misused!;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B]

I agree with you its sad how the word otaku is loosely thrown around and misused!;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah. Now I am not saying Digimon sucks, but a bunch of people run around saying look at my new digimon stuff. I am an Otaku. Lots of people that just watch fox and wb and stuff like that. I hear it all the time. Alot of people don't even know about like say, Ninja Scroll for instanse. How can you have never even heard of Ninja Scroll, and be an Otaku? It makes no scence.

Samurai Pizza cats, that was an amazing anime. Aaahhh... the memories.

Rare anime:

Jeanne
Detective Conran
Do Re Mi (it's quite rubbish, but u didn't say it had to be good rare anime)

I had loads but I cant remember them, when I do I'll inform u of them

i think atomic sock is right on in the above post about a "real otaku" i also think that if youve never heard of ninja scroll and your posting around this board acting like an otaku, youre a fool.
i think anything that has been on major television networks is not a "rare anime"
i also think that its really easy to come up with another "rare anime" because of sites like anipike that have vast list of anime series, making it just a game of looking for a name you dont recognize and putting it up here.

In my profile, the bio part, it says "idiot otaku" but it's not true, I am not nearly an otaku, I mean, I have heard of many anime series, but other than network stuff, I've only seen about 5 series, a true otaku is not someone to just watches networks lol

Just naming a few more
Kinnikuman
Devil Hunter Yohko
Armitage
If anyone listed one of these already sorry if I didn't see it.

[color=crimson][size=1]I've seen a couple of those, but there are two that I want to comment on, which are Green Legend Ran and E.Y.E.S of Mars. I have GLR, and I saw both of them on Sci Fi, but that movie was so good. I loved the little silver haired maidens, they were just so beautiful. That movie was one of the first anime movies I ever saw when I was a child, and it left an impact on me...that's why I have that one. And EOM, it was just such an awesome concept. I loved the way they had to remove themselves from Mars and rebuild on Earth because they destroyed that planet that much. If you think about it, that could really have happened, and we just would never know...or maybe it's something that could happen one day...so yeah...[/color][/size]

ya know there was once a movie where the plot was about humans moving from one planet to another with the technology to dump large quantities of chemicals and other naturals items (sea weed) and create an atmosphere.
well one day they go to a new planet to find a race of aliens, all killed by our changing the atmosphere.
its not an anime but it is an interesting thought.
i also want to mention a rare anime, as to stay close to topic.
im not sure if this would be all to rare or not but i loved the movie apple seed. it should be in video stores, everyone i know that watches anime has seen it but i hadnt seen it mentioned here.

[color=crimson][size=1]They always show lots of anime on the movies channels on Cox Digital Cable, especially on the Action Channel, which is part of the Encore network I believe if you have satellite. I used to have cable back in the day when we could sort of afford it...but now I don't even watch TV anymore, except for the occasionally episode of XFiles or Friends or something....but that is off subject...

I have seen Angel Sanctuary, and that is the most awesome storyline. I love weird stuff like that, and that show was just beautiful. I know it is a manga mostly, but they made an OVA out of it. It was about this guy who was in love with his biological sister, and they didn't live together because the mother didn't trust him. But they end up running away together, but I'm not going to give anything away. I just HIGHLY recommend it.[/color][/size]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
I second the recommendation of Queen Asuka, it is worth the rental or purchase!;) Also pleased that someone else has seen E.Y.E.S. of Mars that anime had a pretty good plot and is pretty rare to find around these parts!:)

[color=crimson][size=1]I saw E.Y.E.S of Mars on the Sci Fi channel way back in the day when they used to show Saturday Anime in the middle of the night. I would always get up at like 3 AM and watch them and sometimes I'd tape them. That one is one I wished I had taped. We don't have much of a selection of anime around here anymore. A few years ago Media Play used to carry a HUGE selection, but now it's not so big at all....and it's disappointing. I can never find any anime worth buying anymore. All anyone seems to care about is DBZ....It makes me very sad..[/color][/size]

E.Y.E.S of Mars.........wait a minute didn't they show that on the Sci fi channel a few years back? Oh yea and GLR! I've been trying to remember the name of that one for the longest now! I'm surprized someone mentioned it now.... Way to go Queenie.

Oh as for Macross Plus. I guess hunter said it a while back but I think he meant macross in general. But if it wasn't then throw Macross 7 and Macross Flashback in there!