OtakuBoards

Who's Everyones Fave Rapper (if you like rap)

Shinobi

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DMX never did anything good since It's Dark & Hell is Hot in my opinion.

Cube is tight though, i just got done downloading a couple albums of his.

my favourite is LL Cool J. Others i listen to a lot are Ras Kass, Techniec, Daz Dillinger, Eminem, Cube, WC & people like that. I listen to more West than i do East, but rap is the only music i listen 2

I don't listen to rap really. But I do like Outkast (I don't even know if that's how you spell it). I've heard some rap songs every now and then that I like, but overrall I don't really listen to it.

[color=crimson][size=1]I absolutely despise rap, but there is one old school song that I will always laugh and always like because it's so funny and that's "Baby Got Back"!!!!!!! So, yeah, my favorite rapper is Sir Mix-A-Lot! Whoohoo! And for all you punks out there (although I doubt ANY of them besides Anna is even reading this thread) Agent Felix did a remake of the song and you can find it on Mp3.com! :D[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1] And for all you punks out there (although I doubt ANY of them besides Anna is even reading this thread) Agent Felix did a remake of the song and you can find it on Mp3.com! :D[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]I downloaded that awhile ago... O.o...

And My Favorite Rapper is DMX. Up In Here, Who We Be, Ruff Ryders Anthem... Gotta love it.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathKnight [/i]
[B]

[color=crimson]I downloaded that awhile ago... O.o...
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1]Did you like it? I loved it so much. It's more fun and poppier than the original. Of course, it is a punk song, so yeah, ya know. I just don't know anything about real rap...retards attempting poetry...hehe...just kidding...:laugh: [/color][/size]

Guest Matt
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B]

[color=crimson][size=1]retards attempting poetry[/color][/size]
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]LOL. They don't even play their own instruments. lol. I hate rap.[/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B]

[color=red][b]LOL. They don't even play their own instruments. lol. I hate rap.[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]they're RAPPERS, so what they do is RAPPING, they're not supposed to be playing any instruments as they're not in a band. They're called rappers for a reason, and that is because they RAP on the mic, not play instruments :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Goku213 [/i]
[B]they're RAPPERS, so what they do is RAPPING, they're not supposed to be playing any instruments as they're not in a band. They're called rappers for a reason, and that is because they RAP on the mic, not play instruments :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Exactly... you just prooved my point about rap not being music... wow... thats so the best deffinition I've ever heard of rap... and it goes well with my theory that rap is not music... just another art form of talking.... with noise...

PS: I really like Snoop Dogg and I like the acting of DMX and Ice Cube... he's really funny.... lol...

[color=crimson][size=1]TN, you cease to make me laugh. I agree with you though. How can you actually consider that music? It's just people talking fast with the same repitive piece of something playing in the background. And then they get some chic to start moaning.

Oh ......let's not even get started on the music videos...[/color][/size]

[color=crimson][size=1]Hello, okay, if you want to attempt to start dissing our music, go ahead. I'm sure you'll get an earful. I feel bad for you rap people, not having many people to defend your territory. But like I always say, one of my favorite quotes is to each his own. And so yeah, I respect everyone's opinions.[/color][/size]

Yes, of coarse Asuka, I agree. I am not dissing anyones music, It is just well everytime someone says Rap si sh*t and i say something about tehre music it's as if I'm teh only one taht lieks rap or somthing so anwyay teh piont I'm making is...Don't Diss Me, I Wont Diss You ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

Exactly... you just prooved my point about rap not being music... wow... thats so the best deffinition I've ever heard of rap... and it goes well with my theory that rap is not music... just another art form of talking.... with noise...
[/B][/QUOTE]actually, you're wrong.

it's an art form, a form of music. I dont know what music you like, but i'll take a guess at rock music, or if you don't, let's just say that you do for arguments sake. To me, that isn't music, that's just a load of screeching shouting, bawling, shouting. Like i say, TO ME it isn't music. But i'm not denying it isn't music if you understand what i'm trying to say? Because i know that it is just another form of music as it comes in many forms

Like when Rock N Roll was emerging. People were saying it wasn't music, it was noise, it should be banned, but hey, it took over the world. You see what i'm saying?

And as for this whole female moaning and repetetive stuff etc. The MC rapping does so over a beat. If the beat is not somewhat repetetive, then how can he flow properly on the mic? It has to have some repetivness in it. Also not all rap songs have a female in it moaning. You're probably thinking of commercial rappers who only rap about women, money, alcohol, mansions, cars etc, people like Ludacris would be a good example of that, boring people rapping over a pop beat to make some quick money because the pop beat appeals to all the teeny-bopper fans.

Any more questions or things u wanna clear up or whatever, holla back

[B]I dont know what music you like, but i'll take a guess at rock music, or if you don't, let's just say that you do for arguments sake. To me, that isn't music, that's just a load of screeching shouting, bawling, shouting. [/B][/QUOTE]

First of all, Transtic Nerve has a very diverse range of musical tastes. It is not at all limited to just rock, even though I know he does enjoy it.

But second of all, I must comment that your view on rock is very limited. You only think of rock music as that trash those **** bands like Slipknot and System of a Down put out, and that's not rock, that's just crap.

Whoa whoa, this is a "rap" thread. No need to start a war with the 'rap people' saying the 'rock/everything else people's music sucks and vice versa.

Music is an open-for-interpretation topic. Some rap songs actually have quite a bit of work put into them, actual pieces of real art. And not all rock is screaming, blah blah. It's actually the other way around, most rock is real singing, and then the mini-genres of metal, the hardcore stuff, they have more screaming or whatnot. Anyways....

Guest Morph
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]

First of all, Transtic Nerve has a very diverse range of musical tastes. It is not at all limited to just rock, even though I know he does enjoy it.

But second of all, I must comment that your view on rock is very limited. You only think of rock music as that trash those **** bands like Slipknot and System of a Down put out, and that's not rock, that's just crap. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1] How dare you, you speak of SoaD's name in vain. How dare you, you disgust me! You insubordinate fool!!!

Alright yes, I'm insane right now... I need to take my Ritillin...

Well, actually, SoaD isn't crap, Slipknot it. Plus, my favorite rapper is Eminiem, although I don't know, I really don't listen to him anymore... Heh [/size]

[B]actually, you're wrong.

it's an art form, a form of music. I dont know what music you like, but i'll take a guess at rock music, or if you don't, let's just say that you do for arguments sake. To me, that isn't music, that's just a load of screeching shouting, bawling, shouting. Like i say, TO ME it isn't music. But i'm not denying it isn't music if you understand what i'm trying to say? Because i know that it is just another form of music as it comes in many forms

Like when Rock N Roll was emerging. People were saying it wasn't music, it was noise, it should be banned, but hey, it took over the world. You see what i'm saying?

And as for this whole female moaning and repetetive stuff etc. The MC rapping does so over a beat. If the beat is not somewhat repetetive, then how can he flow properly on the mic? It has to have some repetivness in it. Also not all rap songs have a female in it moaning. You're probably thinking of commercial rappers who only rap about women, money, alcohol, mansions, cars etc, people like Ludacris would be a good example of that, boring people rapping over a pop beat to make some quick money because the pop beat appeals to all the teeny-bopper fans.

Any more questions or things u wanna clear up or whatever, holla back [/B][/QUOTE]

Ok, You're wrong.... And I'll proove it beyond any reasonable doubt...

The fact is, I said rap wasn't music.. and it's not... It's talking really fast.. sure it does have music in the background, but rapping itself IS NOT music... and I can assure you that that is 100% true...

Here's the deffinition of music:

1) The art of arranging sounds in time so as to produce a continuous, unified, and evocative composition, as through melody, harmony, rhythm, and timbre.
2) Instrumental sounds possessing a degree of melody, harmony, or rhythm.
3) A musical composition.
....The written or printed score for such a composition.
....Such scores considered as a group: We keep our music in a stack near the piano.
.....A musical accompaniment.
4) An aesthetically pleasing or harmonious sound or combination of sounds: the music of the wind in the pines.

As you can see, "talking really fast" is NOT in there....

I don't hate rap... nor am I dissing it... I'm telling facts... it's NOT music.... and thats the fact...

Rock music is called music for a reason.... because it contains people playing sounds that create a melody....

I'm not gonna say anything else, because I think I make my point as clear as it can possibly be....

If you wanna dis the music I like... then go ahead, but I'm not dissing rap... I'm saying it's not music... and I think it was very ignorant of you to assume I only like rock, or that my music is all rock because I say that rap isn't music.... I don't say that because you like rap you must be black... no... Your sterotypes are not always true....

PS: I am not a fan of System of a Down... in fact I protest them to my friends all the time... it's really quite funny... they get pissed... but yeah.... if you wanna listen to that crap go right ahead :p.... as long as you don't put their sh*t in my stereo lol.

I like rap my favoite Rapper has to be Eminem just cause I like the way he incorperates what he has expierenced in his music.

Rap is music if you can say rap is not music the rock an ot be considered music either because all they do is yell all the time!!! Now I am a fan of rock but is seems like alot of you are using rap sterotypes like I just used a rock seri9otype. Their are some rap groups out their that do play instruments like most of Dr. dre stuff he uses real instruments to make the backround music and in song for Eminem like "The Way I am" he has a guitarest for the backround music.

Ok......Yeah Blue Genders Right. I Mean Everyone Thinks Rap Is People Rapping About Drugs, Ho's, Sex...Well Your Wrong Like 2Pac For Instinse He Didn't Of Coarse He Did In Some Songs But Most He Didn't.

And Rock Yeah Slipknot Are Sh*t So Is SoaD Theyt Just Shout For That Is Heavy Metal. But Groups Like Nickelback There Rock But Don't Shout, See? It's Just Stereotypes.

What About Kid Rock...A Mixture And They Kickass! So Anyway... Enough Of The Stereotypesness And Well STOP THE DISSING ALREADY! Everyone Agree's That Slipknot and Soad Are Sh*t (Except Slipknot and SoaD Fans) Lets Leave It At That And Actualy Just Say Who's Your Fave RApper And Talk About Rap...Shall We?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i]
[B]
Music is an open-for-interpretation topic. [/B][/QUOTE]Couldn't have said it better myself[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]The fact is, I said rap wasn't music.. and it's not... It's talking really fast.. sure it does have music in the background, but rapping itself IS NOT music... and I can assure you that that is 100% true...

Here's the deffinition of music:

1) The art of arranging sounds in time so as to produce a continuous, unified, and evocative composition, as through melody, harmony, rhythm, and timbre.
2) Instrumental sounds possessing a degree of melody, harmony, or rhythm.
3) A musical composition.
....The written or printed score for such a composition.
....Such scores considered as a group: We keep our music in a stack near the piano.
.....A musical accompaniment.
4) An aesthetically pleasing or harmonious sound or combination of sounds: the music of the wind in the pines.
[/B][/QUOTE]First of all, i wasn't dissing rock music, just saying i dont really like it. Some acts are ok, but most don't appeal to me. Thats a different note though....

rap really isn't "talking fast". I honestly have no idea where you got that idea from. The only way i think you did is 1) by listening to rappers like Twista or 2) you speak extremely slowly. I doubt it was either of those so i don't understand why you thought that

lets take the song i'm listening to right now for example "White America" off Eminem's new album, that's far from fast. Most rap songs are not "talking fast" though admittedly, SOME (minority) are

i'll take your #1. Isn't speaking arranging sounds? Don't we produce sounds when we speak? And unless you try writing a rap song, you wont understand, but you need to have very similar syllable sounds in your bars to have the flow (the rhythm). So there's your sound and rhythm. Your #2 would be talking baout the beats in rap songs. But yea, #1 would be that rapping is music.

And again, unless you've tried writing rap songs you wont understand, but it's actually pretty difficult (to make good ones that is. Anyone could string some words together, but quality is pretty difficult). Getting the syllables right in your bars is something that the artist needs to do, and to advance they could try multi-syllable rhyming which is pretty damn hard to do

Anyway, it's pretty obvious that we're not going to agree on music, so i guess we should just agree to disagree :)

Some of you fail to read what I said before...

I said there is music in rap... but the act of rapping itself is NOT music...

Now to address a voice being a sound, yes it is.... HOWEVER, there's a certain category for sounds that come from vocal cords.... thats called singing.... singing and music are two different things.... yes both do involve sounds creating a melody or harmony.... but I can wear a shirt and a pair of pants, does that make them the same? Of course not....

Rapping is NOT music... it's a form of singing... that I'll give you... the beats they have in the background... yeah thats music, but the actual act of rapping is not music... call it singing, but don't insult true music fans by calling it music....

Try writing music... i garauntee it's much harder....

Uh yeah, as for the whole "In rock, all they do is scream".... yeah.... you've never heard alot bands then.... I suggest listening to "real rock" and not "Metal"... as DK said it. Even though I will agree, there's way to many genre's of ANY music... you can't say pop music anymore, because now rock, punk, and whatever else is all considered that by some people... and played on these stupid pop stations that the American public sink right into..

And I'd liek to say one thing else.... this whole topic is the reason I don't listen to American music anymore... well I listen to very little... It's because you all argue over whats what.... it's because there's so damn many, you don't even know anymore.... I listen to japanese music... I say Dir en grey is rock and everyone agrees.... there's a noticable line between genres in Japan... unlike here, where we will sh*t out whatever's popular over and over till it gets overplayed and people move to the next fad.... You all need to get more variety of music in your life... or else you'll be seeing NSYNC up on the top alot longer.... and stop argueing about what this is called.. and what that is called... as far as genre's go..... I'm only arguing on deffinition of music, not genres.... But yeah... rap is rap... rock is rock, pop is pop.... whats the use of arguing such a pathetic genre... just call it rock and say "Hey, not all rock is the same"... and then everyone will be happy.... but, who am I kidding.... You all are too greedy with your genres... you wanna be part of this crowd... you're not a rock fan, you're a METAL FAN!... blah... you're a rock fan to me not matter what you say... Believe, if some of you thought that way, you'd cut down that pathetic arguing thing you do alot...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]where we will sh*t out whatever's popular over and over till it gets overplayed and people move to the next fad [/B][/QUOTE]unfortunately, i have to agree with you, and it's like that in this country also. Gets on my damn nerves. Thats why i try and listen to the radio as little as possible and try to watch as little music TV as possible as they just play the same songs over and over and eventually i will stop liking them because they keep being shoved down my throat.

I hate it when an artist i like becomes "big". Because they get so overplayed, they get rich, then their performing gets lazy and they put out songs that aren't as good as they could be. I remember being a fan of Eminem before he made it big, then he got famous, and i can see the difference in his rhymes now. Same with other artists.

And as for pop, rap is pretty much now pop, rock is pop. Pop is just a short term for popular. When someone says pop we automatically think of teeny-bopper music, dance music, Nsync "music", but anything that is popular, is pop music really.

At least in America, you are having half decent music shoved down your throats by the looks of your charts. Here in England it's just dance music which takes up about 80%, acts like Nsync which take up 15% and then rock/rap and anything else like that which takes up 5% of our charts.