OtakuBoards

Who's Everyones Fave Rapper (if you like rap)

Shinobi

Rap takes talent .Period. I buy rap not because it's cool listening to them saying "WHAT THE ****" alot I buy it because it's good music to listen to and it calms me when I'm p'ed off. I don't know why but I'd consider singing music because it may not be an instrument but it maske a high or low sound soft or loud etc.

Outkast are rapping but they don't say it fast. In "The Whole World" is one example.

I just like Outkast and some Eminem, LL Cool J plus I believe if it's rap but a group called Xzibit.

People who don't like rap I respect there opinions and all but it's not crap to me.

Also the rapper who talked about drugs alot I think was Afroman I hated that guy!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shift
[size=1][color=crimson]Except for in P Diddy's case, he doesn't write his verses, he pays people to write them for him.

But people like Eminem, Dr. Dre, Mystikal, Petey Pablo, Big Boi of Outkast, and Master P, have pure talent.[/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]

Yeah, and I'm not denying that. I'm just saying foreign Japanese music fans aren't half as worried about the genres their favorite bands fit in as American music fans.

As for Malice Mizer... yeah, COLOR ME BLOOD RED and such have a rock feel to them. But those rock songs are a minority in their music.

They're usually misclassified as a J-rock band just because they're visual... it's an easy mistake to make because really, j-rock is mostly represented through visual bands in America. Really though, visual kei is just a small portion of Japanese rock and I think this needs to become more clear to foreign fans... [/B][/QUOTE]

I always say to people, when they ask "What type of music does Malice Mizer play" that they are "Goth Rock"... whatever the f*ck that means. I don't really care, I ONLY do that to give some type of sound to a band that they haven't heard. I mean, everyone associates things with other things... But my 3000-4000 mp3s are categorized into 6 sub-sections. (NOT Including anime) [b]J-pop[/b] (and K-pop, but I only have 2 S.E.S. songs in there lol), [b]J-Rock[/b], [b]Rock[/b], [b]Pop[/b], [b]Trance/Techno/whatever[/b], and [b]Various[/b] (containing Game, non-pop/rock singers/groups (contains my very limited rap collection), humourous songs/skits, Instumentals, and Soundtracks)... I DO NOT like to categorize my music into these stupid genres that people like to give to themselves. Thats only mearly a way to seperate one's self to give them a new or different identity. I think it's stupid... I put Malice Mizer in J-Rock because they aren't J-pop and I put move in J-pop cause they aren't J-rock... thats how I look at things... now sure Laruku can be poppy or rocky... but they will always be more rock than pop, so they go in the J-Rock category.... people in America... and all over the god damn world have to subcategorize EVERYTHING and that just makes everything worse....

There are 6 main categories of "music" in the world (as seen by the people). Rock - Pop - Hip-Hop - Country - Instumentals - and Other (Other containing styles that are isolated in the world or just not very popular in today's society; IE: Indian, African music as well as Salsa and whatnot)

It's not Punk music to me, it's rock music.... No one knows what rock music sounds like, so how can you tell me it's not rock. Not ONE of you damn people can tell me what real rock music sounds like. You don't know because you have grown up into this seperation of music so that EVERYTHING has it's own little category.. and it's all changed so much... the Beatles used to be considered rock music.... but if you played some Beatles for today's society children, they'd say it's pop, no doubt....

It's sad really.... it really is.... and you can't appreciate music for what it's worth anymore. All you care about is your genre and whats popular... nothing else... and all that does... is make you a pawn in society. You either don't change your tastes or you hop on the band waggon.... there is very little who do neither... who have a good sense of music... and who apreciate it to it's full extent.... Not many people today are true enthusiests of music.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]I always say to people, when they ask "What type of music does Malice Mizer play" that they are "Goth Rock"... whatever the f*ck that means. I don't really care, I ONLY do that to give some type of sound to a band that they haven't heard. I mean, everyone associates things with other things...

I put Malice Mizer in J-Rock because they aren't J-pop and I put move in J-pop cause they aren't J-rock...[/B][/QUOTE]

Well, "Je te veux" might be able to pass as j-pop, heh.

I think 'goth rock' fits them, but like you said, all these genres just make things worse. I don't really think there [i]is[/i] one genre that can really fit MALICE MIZER, since all their music is so varied... but I have trouble calling them j-rock because really, when you think "Hmm, I wanna listen to some rock music...", does MALICE MIZER ever really cross your mind? Nah. At least not with me...

Hmm, perhaps maybe there should just be a MALICE MIZER genre, lol ^^;

Guest Fly-T
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GotenksSSJ343 [/i]
[B]
Outkast are rapping but they don't say it fast. In "The Whole World" is one example.

! [/B][/QUOTE]

You must've only heard Killer Mike's verse cuz if you ask me what adre 3000 and big boi did was fast
big boi: turn on the tv everythang lookn dismal run to the medicine cabinet pepto-bisol need it for my stomach cuz my tummy kinda aches like a junkie on withdrawl fresh up off the plate... I found that fast'

Andre: Take a little trip hater pack up your mind Look forward not behind then youll what ya find i caught a sucker dien cuz he thought he could rhyme now his momma is a quarter-daughter and some otha stuff...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GotenksSSJ343 [/i]
[B]Rap takes talent .Period. [/B][/QUOTE]
LOL! yes it does! LOL! I know some people that rap... think that they are good at it, recorded them into a tape. sold it to everyone im my class without even listening to it first, and made comeplete idiots out of themselves! no, really, it was terrible. didn't really even have a beat to it.
Rap is one o my fav kinds o music. I like punk rock, hip hop, rap and korean/japanese popand korean techno rock. I like eninem, Ludacris, DMX,nelly, m.elliot, eve, lil kim, and.... will smith and outcast

Guest Fly-T
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nekkyo [/i]
[B]as for rap needing no talent.. its true. i hate rap, but a friends of mine we're having a retarted free-style at 5 am and i won O.O. most of my friends listened to rap and they told me that i was fairly good.

rap is fairly monotone. they just use the same tone of voice throughout the song. in other types of music, voices are used to creat a harmonious sound. yes, even metal. Mudvayne shows this quite well in Death Blooms. So rock isnt all yelling and screaming, and rap.. really needs no talent. [/B][/QUOTE]

Man, you really need to stop with all the rap has no talent stuff...
because if you get pissed i might just shoot you.
And Rap does take talent you ever heard Naughty By Nature, Run DMC, KRS-ONE, Will Smith, Nas, Eminem, Jagged EDge, Nelly, Bow Wow, Ja Rule, Missy Elliot, DMX, P. Diddy????
If you havent heard they're music then you've been literally living under the [SIZE=4]BIGGEST ROCK[/SIZE] of your enitire life

No, I think it was neccessarry. To many stupid people that think Rap does not involve talent.

First off all it does take talent. Second, if the actual singing part did not involve talent (which it does, if you dont beleive try to rap and post it up so we can hear it, we will probably laugh our butts off at you) You still have to make the music, right lyrics, and one of the hardest of all, get into the business. So saying Rap doesnt require talent is just plain out stupid. If it doesnt take talent why arent you sitting in a mansion right now, earning millions of dollars rapping?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Amphion [/i]
[B]No, I think it was neccessarry. To many stupid people that think Rap does not involve talent.

First off all it does take talent. Second, if the actual singing part did not involve talent (which it does, if you dont beleive try to rap and post it up so we can hear it, we will probably laugh our butts off at you) You still have to make the music, right lyrics, and one of the hardest of all, get into the business. So saying Rap doesnt require talent is just plain out stupid. If it doesnt take talent why arent you sitting in a mansion right now, earning millions of dollars rapping? [/B][/QUOTE]

If you wanna bring up that point, I can just as easily bring up the fact that rap encourages violence in the weak minded children and thus should not be allowed. It's obvious this "rap music" has encouraged Fly-T to want to shoot someone.

Comments like that are NOT acceptable.... thats the end of the line.

It isn't necessary to threaten playfully or otherwise that you're going to shoot someone just because you get pissed off. Mentally, it's equivalent to a five-year-old throwing a tantrum in the supermarket because Mommy won't get the toy airplane they wanted. You're upset, so you don't bother with self-control but just let it all out without thought of consequence. If you want your opinions to be taken seriously, don't act like a five-year-old. If someone disagrees with you, go boohoo in a corner for a bit and then come back out as an adult and accept differences.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Juuthena [/i]
[B]
LOL! yes it does! LOL! I know some people that rap... think that they are good at it, recorded them into a tape. sold it to everyone im my class without even listening to it first, and made comeplete idiots out of themselves! no, really, it was terrible. didn't really even have a beat to it.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Really Oh my god LOL!!!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I feel sorry for them in a nice try do better next time way but that's funny.

Guest Fly-T
[B]

If you wanna bring up that point, I can just as easily bring up the fact that rap encourages violence in the weak minded children and thus should not be allowed. It's obvious this "rap music" has encouraged Fly-T to want to shoot someone.

Comments like that are NOT acceptable.... thats the end of the line. [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, Rap music is not what encourages me or many people to shoot someone.
So I'm going to say this calmly...You are feeling Gritz.
Name 5 songs that ecourage this so called violence your talking about...They dont even talk about that kind of stuff.
And like Amphion said "Why aren't you living in mansions making money like it was nothing.
and I don't see how it's stupidity to shoot someone, someone explain that to me..

[B]

Comments like that are NOT acceptable.... thats the end of the line. [/B][/QUOTE]

Your right it may have an effect on "WEAK MINDED" children with no parents what so ever. But does that justify censorhip? There are people who throw their food up after eating because they want to be skinny like the popular kids. So we should not allow people to be skinny either? So that they want have the idea of throwing there food up and harming themselves? Yes that sounds stupid. But if rap music should not be allowed because of what you said. Then skinny people should not be allowed either. Cause its the exact same principals we are talking about.

Yes little kids should not listen to it. But thats a decision a parent or legal gaudrian should make. Dont blame the media, the real fault lies in parents who do watch what their kids do.

People usually bring up the point of kids who dont have good parents. Yes thats bad. But putting all these restrictions on the media does nothing to help this. We can bann everything but that will not create better parents. We need to put our efforts on the parents. Where the problem is. You dont kill the termites by burning up ant beds.

I would also like to apologize for that comment about shooting him. That IS really something you should not play around with. When I posted the other night I was having personal problems at home and I was pissed. I know that does not justify ones actions, but I hope it helps you to understand.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Fly-T [/i]
[B]

and I don't see how it's stupidity to shoot someone, someone explain that to me.. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]I don't even think I need to respond to demonstrate how moronic that comment is...[/color]

Stop trying to blame rap music for all tha viloence in tha world do u think that osama bin laden listens to rap??? No!! People will learn violence one way or another so dont blame it on rap music please!!:d The government is just trying to find something to blame the violence on.

[B]

Actually, Rap music is not what encourages me or many people to shoot someone.
So I'm going to say this calmly...You are feeling Gritz.
[/b][/quote]

Then you are incredibly weak minded to want to shoot someone, Thats just absolutely pathetic in all spects of the word. I'm begining to think you aren't playing around, and that you're justs ome sick insane freak that needs help right away.

[B]
Name 5 songs that ecourage this so called violence your talking about...They dont even talk about that kind of stuff.
[/b][/quote]

Have you ever heard some early 90's rap or mid 90's rap? Thats ALL they talked about... ofcourse you were like 6

[B]And like Amphion said "Why aren't you living in mansions making money like it was nothing.
[/b][/quote]

Uhh.... right... because I'm not a superstar... what does that have to do with you being an insane freak who wants to shoot people?

[B]
and I don't see how it's stupidity to shoot someone, someone explain that to me.. [/B][/QUOTE]

LOL! Thats too funny... oh god, that was the most moronic comments I've ever heard... I hope your parents can get you some help before you hurt someone.... Maybe the laws will tell you when you find yourself in Jail for life because you "didn't think it was stupid to shoot someone"....

• 3 weeks later...
Sheesh, stop the violence already. Put on a =) face. lol. Anyway, I'm crazy and have nothing to do. It is stupid to want to shoot someone unless you have a good reason(self defense is the only that comes to my mind). But not all rap talks about guns and violence. The early rap (Fresh Prince, Cameo, etc.) were actually about women, money, and just having fun. Anyone remember "Summertime"? Its guys like Ice Cube and Dr. Dre who have taken over the industry and paved the way for the violent rap you hear now.
Rap does take talent. Not everyone can make up three or four verses of a song, a chorus, maybe a bridge, and sing them much less rap them with some credibility. But anyway back to the original topic, I don't seriously care about violence or what they say, long as the songs have some type of good beat and the rappers can actually stay on beat then I'm hooked. The best would be Tupac but other fav. are Will Smith, Dr. Dre, Busta Rhymes (the only reason Halloween REsurrection is a big hit), Puff Daddy (Not that crappy P. Diddy he became) and Eminem even if his serious songs are a bit creepy. Ludacris was cool until he started showing up in everyone else's songs