OtakuBoards

- Armageddons Refugees -

DeathKnight

[color=crimson][i]Another explosion erupted out from behind. Looking Back, Ken saw nothing but dust rising up, covering the ruins of what [b]was[/b] his Hometown. This was far too much, although Ken knew that millions of people had seen the same sight across the world in the midst of these battles.

The yell of a man snapped Ken's attention back to running, but Ken immediately froze, his eye catching what the man had been yelling about. 5 Demons stood infront of the humans, Drool slowly going down their face.[/i]

Demon: Tch. Are you lowly mortals running so quickly? Why look at your pitiful town, not much left is there?

Demon 2: ... I bet they're about to piss their pants.

Demon: You know it. Now, Whom should we eat first?

[i]The two demons began to snicker, the other 3 quickly following. Out of the clouds, a yell came forth, as a several Angels flew down, swords drawn...[/i]

Demon 3: Pesky Bastards... Your asses are saved for now you weaklings. Come on, We have company.

[i]With that, the demons ascended upward at a quick pace, their swords being drawn in the process. The clashing of swords quickly joined the noise of explosions, and of dozens of other swords meeting each other in a deadly dance...[/i]

Mayor: Alright people. Move it. We have to get to some sort of shelter...

Older Man: ... Where is this shelter?

Mayor: I wish I knew...

[i]From behind a reddish tail whipped out, and the old man's guts splattered all over the nearby people. The Demon that had taunted them before laughed, and turned back to his fight..[/i]

Ken: ... I want to kill those demons...

Man: Its God's fault. If he actually cared about us anymore...

Ken: ... I want revenge.

Woman: We have to get to somewhere safe. Fighting wouldnt get us anywhere...

[i]Ken arched an eyebrow as a silent reply, and stared at the ruins of the town, as some of the group turned and followed the mayor, others stareing at the town with Ken, and still others just stareing into the distance..[/i]

Ken: Cant anyone here fight against them besides me?

Man: We can. But their forces are just too much. We should run and find shelter...

Ken: .. Goddamn this ****.

[i]Spitting, Ken turned and began to follow the mayor, the others eventually doing so themselves...[/i]

Mayor: Well. We could go into the mines...

Young Man: That seems to be the only place, for now...

Woman: *severe anxiety* .. A-a-are you sure there are no d-d-d-demons or... an-an-angels in there?

Ken: Better fighting in there, where they dont have a heavy advantage from the air...

[i]With that, Ken began to head tward the distant hills, a few hour walk from where they were, which was in the middle of no where...

The fighting in the town became more severe, and as God had done before, a large white orb descended on the town, obliterating both Angels and Demons, along with anyone hiding in the town. With that, the group were only left with the choice of heading tward the mines... Thirty minutes into the walk..[/i]

Man: .. This is a bad idea.

Mayor: You havent come up with a better one.

Woman: Who left you in charge? We arent in your town anymore!

Part of the group: YEA!

Man: Our town was destroyed! We dont listen to your half assed ideas anymore!

[i]The group quickly divided into two over the matter, those with the mayor, and not. Ken stood off to the side, not giving a **** as several others with him were...[/i]

Ken: [i]Human nature... Nothing but human nature...[/i]

[i]Ken shook his head and silently began heading for the mine, while the groups shouting continued...[/i][/color]

[i]As Ken and the group of people who followed the Mayor entered the mine, Ken felt something, like a gun barrel touch against his head[/i]

Voice: What are you doing in my mine?

Ken: We just want some shelter, we don't mean to intrude.

[i]The voice then steps out of the shadows. He was a man somewhere in his late twenties/early thirties. He had shortish black hair and wore a long black trenchcoat. In his hands he held two silver pistols.[/i]

Man: I'm Destyr. Who the hell are you?

Ken: My name is Ken. All these other people used to live in what was our town until it was destroyed by Demons.

Destyr: *swears profusely under his breath* I was too late.

Ken: What?

Destyr: I figured they would strike here next, but I was too late to stop them.

Ken: How did you find that out?

Destyr: Well these Demons have only been attacking small towns and working tmemselves up and this is one of the only small towns left. Damn! There is no way to find out where they will strike next now.

A thin girl steps forward from the shadows, her brown hair stained red from a cut on her forehead and a deep scar on her cheek. Her eyes are like that of an icy substance, cold and hard from the hurt her town and fammily has suffered.

girl:If you thought they were going to attack the village, why are you hiding in "your" mines? *stands beside Ken, her face one of hurt and anguish*

Destyr:*says nothing to answer the girl but uncomfortable silence*

Ken:Err...uh...who the hell are you?

girl:*looks at him with a sideways glance* err...my name is Jessi...and if no one else will help you fight these freaks that plague us...then I will

OOC:sorry guys...I'm not so good at this yet...but hopefully I'll get better..^^;;;

Destyr: I was NOT hiding in these mines, I was merely setting up and I had no idea that the town had been attacked. I mean the town is a few miles from these mines

Jessi: Oh, I didn't know that. Sorry for calling you a coward.

Destyr: I accept you apology. Now Ken, you seem like a proficient fighter. Maybe we should team up to stop these demons.

Ken: Sounds like a plan.

Jessi:What about me? I'm not about to sit and watch as some evil rejects from god knows where annhialate the rest of the towns and villages...if there are any left that is. After what they did to my familly...they're gonna pay.

*Ken and Destyr look at her with a sideways glance*

Ken: I guess we could use your help....so long as you don't get in the way...what can you do that could help us anyway?

Destyr:Nothing...she's useless...

Ken:*looks at Jessi's cold hard eyes then decides he can use all the help he can get*Give her a chance to prove herself...she may yet prove to be valuable...

Destyr:*mutters* "may"

OOC:I'm gonna make you pay for making me apologise...I meant every word I said>.<. Oh well it don't matter...I'm enjoying this...

Destyr: Okay then, the first thing we do is figure out where these demons are going to strike next. Any ideas?

Jessi: Maybe they will come back to the town to feed on the dead?

Destyr: Not possible. The town doesn't even exist anymore. I may not have been in time for the fight but I saw everything get obliterated. There is nothing left.

[i]Everyone sits down with a look of failure on their faces, thinking about how they could possibly figure out where the demons will strike next.[/i]

[COLOR=seagreen][i]Aster swung upwards, beheading another demon...then hit the ground on all fours...panting heavily. She stood up slowly, ignoring the multiple bruises and cuts on her body. The demon's attacks had been relentless, but she wasn't about to lie down and give up now.[/i][/COLOR]

siren kneeled by her grandmothers side and brushed back her thick silver hair

siren: grandmother! no...no don't give up...you'll be ok... you'll be ok...

siren pressed her hand to the deep wound in her side and pressed trying to cease the blood flow... grandmother reached sirens hand from her side

grandmother: i...won't live mu- *coughs splattering blood onto sirens shirt* much longer... you must... find others willing to...*cough* to fight... help them... are you listening?

siren nodded stiffly tears running down her face...

GM: we...still have... some arcane power passed down from...our...ancestors... the...skill is strong with...you... you must help to rid these scum from this world....here...*with a shaking hand she pulled somthing from her neck* take this...it...will help...you...go...n...o...w

siren stared at the object in her hand...

siren: but this your neck-.....

siren looked into the cold dead eyes of her gaurdian and then stood wiping her eyes... silently she walked into the next room and picked up her knapsack and her katana... without a second glance she left the old building in the cave and headed for the town... once there she stared... there was nothing where the town once stood... clenching her teeth she turned and walked teards the mines...maybe some of the villagers made it... closer to the mines now she spotted several forms running from much faster red ones...

siren: demons...

she slung her backpack onto her back and drew her katana flashing back several days

[I] SLASH! with a terrible thunking noise the demons head fell to the floor the body just behind it...

siren: grandmother! you...you killed it!

GM: yes kari *(sirens pet name meaning "strong willed")* but it's alright...demons are not life...they are antilife...it is okay to kill them...[I/]

siren shook her head...just a few days...she had matured even more... the demons, finally spotting her, finshed their gory meal and advanced... before they could say anything siren had passed them, their dead bodies droping like flys... she sheathed her sword and winced... she looked down at her stinging hand and swore...deamon blood had begun to eat away at the flesh... she ran the rest of the way into the mines and then headed to a alcove where herbs grew... kneeling quickly she pulled several up and began muttering as she pulled a bowl and began to grind the herbs together

[i]Destyr, Ken and Jessi leave the mine to find . . . whatever thay could, they didn't know. Along the way they come across a girl. She had a few tears streaming down her face which was stricken with grief. As they approached them she fell into Destyr's arms.[/i]

Girl: She's dead. . . dead.

Destyr: Who's dead?

Girl: My Grandmother, she's dead.

Ken. [i]Through clenched teeth.[/i] Demons.

Girl: Yes.

Destyr: What is your name?

Girl: Siren

ooc: *cough* i'll let that one go...i...don't fall into peoples arms and sob like a little ***** with a splinter...

ic:

siren stands and composes herself...she blushes and turns her head

siren: sorry... it's...one of these days...

she puts the poluce on her hand and sighs as the pain subsided

siren: are you fighting them?

destyr: who?

siren: the deamons... whats your connection with them?

[COLOR=royalblue][i]As soon as the words had left her mouth, another person dropped down behind them, sword bared. Siren whipped her head around, to meet the edge of Astralyas's blade.[/i]

Aster: Are you with them?

Siren: !!

[i]She jumped back and drew her own blade.[/i]

Ken: Hold up!

Aster: ....I asked you a question.

Ken: She's not with them.

Destyr: Are you?

Aster: Hell no! I just kill them...[/COLOR]

[color=crimson]Ken: ... From a small rural town to the west. That's me anyway.

[i]Turning, he began to slowly walk off. His mind dwelled on the town, and his sister.[/i]

Ken: [i]... Did she survive? I tryed to fight them, but they took her and flew off south...[/i] Damn. ****ing demons. *spits on the ground*

[i]His thoughts fell, and his mind was finally calm for some reason. He turned, and looked at Sabir...[/i]

Ken: Miss, If you would, please tell us who [i]you[/i] are, and what you're doing out in the middle of nowhere?[/color]

[COLOR=seagreen][i]Aster tipped the point of her sword to her forhead, bowing slightly.[/i]

Aster: Astralyas Lir Wallflowers, or just...Aster.

Ken: Charmed.

Destyr: So...what are you doing out here?

Aster: Hunting demons.

Siren: Killing them.

Jessi: Yeah, basically.

Aster: .........and you?

Ken: I kill them too. And by the way, I'm Ken.

Aster: Pleasure.[/COLOR]

[B] Kojin ran to his masters house, crashing thorugh the door and into the living room to find his master lying dead on the floor one arm missing and blood everywhere.

Kojin:NO! Not him! Why did you have to take him?!

Kojin sobbed over Mstr. Kanaya's body for at least 15 minutes. After that he raised his head eyes closed composing himself, thinking about what to do next.

Kojin: You will not take this one's body. His soul shall remain with me. And his body with the Earth.

Three half man half demon unpure hybrids were standing behind him. Kojin took the amulet from his master's neck and tied it around his own. He drew his sword and span a full circle, the demons fell to the ground. The insides of their heads spilling out on the floor. Kojin wiped his sword on the couch, sheathed it, and walked to the cupboard in the corner, he took from it his Kendo Stick and the death robes. He wrapped his maste in one set of death robes, and carried him out of the house.

Kojin arrived at the top of the tallest hill in the immediate area, he had laid his master to rest and burried him, he could see the scorched earth that was the town. His masters house still stood as it was far from the borders of the town, remote. Ken, Destyr, Siren Jessi and Aster stood behind Kojin.

Kojin: Who are you?

Ken's eyes widened and then reverted back to their slit like state.

Destyr: Did he fall to the demons?

Kojin: Yes, however that is not what I asked.

Kojin turned to face the group. Siren who had also lost someone close to her stepped forward.

Siren: We fight the angels, fallen and otherwise.

Kojin cocked his head to slightly to one side, and lifted one eyebrow.

Kojin: Then if you shall have me, I will go with you.[/B]

Siren shifted and glanced at the now setting sun...

Siren: It's not up to me really... Although it is ok the way i see it... The more the merrier...

Siren looked around for objections...

Siren: Well... sense noone said anything... I suggest we find some shelter 'cause I personaly don't want to be here come nightfall... *she pauses considering somthing* We... Could go back to my place... It's warded aginst the demons... It should be relitivly safe from them... Although...That dosen't include angels...

[B]
Kojin: Then to your house we shall go, we must plan a course of action tomorrow though, we cannot just camp out at your place for the entirity of this war and for after. Also these demons are strong, I don't know how long your guards will hold against these demons, I suggest a watch, cycled every two hours over the course of the night.

Takes a step to be very close to Siren.

Kojin: You must lead the way. *addressing all* we have much to talk of, I would like to know of the situation.[/B]

Siren nodded and turned east... Siren moved at a ground eating trot, her distress plain on her face... Finally a dark shape nestled in the rocks of the cliff, became visable... Siren turned to see the others progress... Her eyes widened and she cryed out...

Siren: RUN DA.MN YOU! THE SUN! IT'S SETTING... HURRY!

Ken opened his mouth and Siren grabbed his arm cutting him off

Siren: Less arguing... More running! Lets go!

Siren hauled him off down the path following the others... Letting him go she rushed to the door and opened it... Ushering everyone in she then turned and slammed te door... No sooner had she done so when a giant force slammed into the door... A low howl rang through the night and sent shivers down their spines... Another thunk was heard then the pounding of feet faded into the night... Siren went to the right wall and lit a candle there... That done she sunk aginst the wall and stared at her feet

Siren: Too close... That... Was too close...

[COLOR=seagreen][i]Aster grinned, this oppertunity was too good to pass up. She cupped her hands around her mouth and let out an erie howl that bounced around the room and echoed. Siren claped her hands over her ears and winced.[/i]

Ken: Where did you learn to do that?!?!?

Aster: When you live in the mountains....things like this come naturally.

Siren: Too life like.

Aster: Wanna hear that again?

Ken: If you can...

[i]She tossed her head back and howled wildly. There was a slight scuttering sound around the room, then it instantly was silenced with Aster's cry. Destyr's eyes widdened in surprise and then cooled.[/i]

Aster: What's wrong?

Jessi: It's just a little....unsettling.

Aster: That is the general idea.[/COLOR]

Jessi:*grins with a wayward smile* unsettling or not...you're not the only one who's lived in the mountains...I can do a cougar's snarl...but not a wolf's howl...could you show me how to do it properly?

Aster:*returns her grin* Only if you show me that cougar growl...those are tricky...

Ken looked at the uneasy faces around him...it was apparent that the others were nervous at the wild, lonely sounds coming from the two girls.

Ken:maybe some other time you guys?

*Jessi and Aster snap back into reality...and the reality of their present situation*

[I]Kojin is sitting in a corner facing the group with his eyes closed.[/I]

Kojin: I hate to be a bother, but what is to be our next course of action, what are we to do about these beasts that roam our world?

[I]An eary silence followed.[/I]

Destyr: *Standing up* OK, thats it, since we found you, you've been acting all calm and collected, what do [U]you[/U] have to say on what we do next?!

Kojin: *Opens his eyes looking up at Destyr* Well Firstly I would like to know who I am going to spend this night with, *looking around* and the reason I sound so calm, *stands up* is because I am in morning for my Master.

[I]Dwarfed by Destyr's 6' 2'' figure and Rifle, Kojin still looked him up and down.[/I]

Kojin: What are we going to do about food, and water? Come to think about it, there are a lot of questions we need to answer.

[I]Destyr's facial expression changes to one of acceptance.[/I]

Destyr: He's right, but for now we need to think about getting through tonight.

Ken: Agreed.

Aster: So, where do we go from here?

[I]Kojin closes his eyes again[/I]

[i]Within a deep, nestled corner of the forest, explosions mushroomed out, obliterating nearly everything within their fiery grasp. Demons and Angels even ducked for cover, as massive energy rounds loobed over their heads. When the barrage stopped, the Demons and Angels just stared, and looked into the darkness that could not be swirled.

They instantly reeled back, when they heard a maleviolent "Click, click, boom.." creep it's way through the woods. But it was too late. The fully powered up buster let the energy pocket fly with no regard for life.

The next thing that happened resembled a solar flare, a fire eating away a noticible part of the forest. Death hath brought down his unholy judgement upon the Warriors of the Dark and of the Light.

The Reploid, Blight, flew silently above the flames, watching the slain fighters boil in the heat of the energy which very closely resembled plasma. Blight smiled, before jetting off into the air to the East, looking for more things to kill.

Within Siren's cabin, Ken stood up.[/i]

Ken: "Those explosions are close by... And pretty damn powerful too."

Aster: "And how would you know?"

Ken: "I like explosions."

Siren stiffens and her lips turn blue a white misty figure glides out of her and past the others passing through some... Standing Siren shakes her head...

Siren: Ghosts... Think they still own the place... Here...come with me...

Siren walks through several room the others trailing behind her... some of them looked at the strange things in the rooms... Finaly siren got to the living room and threw open the double doors... The fire crackled marrily in the hearth and threw off a warm glow... Siren walked to the fireplace and drew a long splinter of wood from a pile... She lit it and walked around lighting the candles scattered about the room... That done she tossed the wood back into the fire and strode to the otherside of the room... She opened a door there and motioned inside...

Siren: this tunnel leads into the forest...we can go and see what those explosions were if you'd like... This building is set into the cliff side so there are many more places... like this *she said seeing the confusion on their faces* c'mon

[I] Kojin, the last to enter the tunnel before Siren whispered to her,[/I]

Kojin: *whispering* you seem very intelligent, you seem to know a lot about what goes on around you. What is it that you are?Human I know, but something about you, you seem special.

[I] With that Kojin walked on, trailing behind the rest of the group now, Ken held the torch.[/I]

Kojin: *Loudly* Are we sure we want to find out what created those blasts, it might not be friendly.

Destyr: So, Mr. Calm and collected turns out to be a sissy, didn't see that one comin'

[I]Destyr shoots a sideways glance at Kojin[/I]

Kojin: I am merely saying that it might be wise to think about what *shouting* THE HELL *goes back to normal* we are going to do when we find out what did that, and then, what we do next.

[I] Destyr walks up to Kojin, in his face.[/I]

Destyr: Don't you dare shout at me?!

Kojin:*with a nasty snarl* I will do...as I please.

Destyr: Agh!

[I]Destyr pulls one of his pistols and points it directly at Kojin's chest. Startled, Kojin stares directly in to Destyr's eyes.[/I]

Destyr: Forget it, your not worth it ***** boy.

[I] Destyr heads for the front of the group, snatching the torch from Ken and walking quickly infront of the rest of the group, which presently are still staring at Kojin.[/I]

Siren: Are you ok?

Kojin: I'm fine, I'm just glad it didn't come to blows.

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Astralyas snarled at them, baring her teeth.[/i]

Kojin/Destyr: What?

Aster: Grow up. Let's face it, we are all somewhat nervous about our present situation and there's not much that we can do about it.

Ken: I still want to see those explosions.

Siren: ......

[i]Destyr glared at Aster, and she glowered back, both angry and annoyed. Her hand dropped to the hilt of her sword as quickly as his touched his gun. Her blade flashed out and stopped between his eyes.[/i]

Aster: Don't threaten me.....

[i]Jessi stepped up behind her and touched her shoulder. Aster relaxed slightly, slipping her sword back into its sheath.[/i][/COLOR]

Kojin: How long until the exit, this is taking quite a long time.

Destyr: Hate to say it, but he's right, how long is this gonna take Siren.

Siren: Don't worry, its not far now.

Ken: I hope you're right, my curiosity is beginning to get overwhelming.

Aster: Yeah, I want to know what made those explosions.

[I] The group, walked on for another 20 minutes, finally getting to a point in the tunnel where the could see daylight.[/I]

Kojin: We've been walking all night, with no rest, I'd be suprised if the source of those explosions hasn't already packed up and left.

Ken: Perhaps, but either way we should check out the remains.

Kojin. True.

[I] The group exited the tunnel to find nothing but black, scorched earth, and a few crisp trees. The scene was met by a wide eyed expression from all.[/I]

Destyr: There! Theres a silhouetted just rounding that ridge.

[I] Destyr pointed into the distance. [/I]

Kojin: I see it!

[I] Kojin and Destyr sprinted down the hill and in the direction of the ghostly silhouette, enhance by the rising sun.[/I]

Siren: But what if its....

[I] Ken cut her off.[/I]

Ken: Its too late to worry about that.

[I] Ken ran down the hill following the two ahead. Aster and Siren looked at eachother, Aster shrugged and they both began to sprint down the hill to catch up with the group.[/I]