OtakuBoards

- Armageddons Refugees -

DeathKnight

[i]Blight did not move. He heard the humans before they even saw him. They were of no threat. The Devil Bot just stood, taking in the sight of the Rising Sun. His mouth twisted into a cocky smirk, as he heard the others slide to a stop in the ravine along side of him. His wings made a few beams of light rebound in their faces, making them walk closer to get a better veiw. One by one, they finally understood what he was: a Reploid.[/i]

[b]Kojin:[/b] "A robot..."

[b]Destyr:[/b] "Friend or foe?!"

[i]Destyr cried that out, drawing one of his guns, barrel pointing for Blight's face. There was a minute's pause before Destyr lost it.[/i]

[b]Destyr[/b]: "ANSWER ME GODDAMMIT!!! ANSWER OR I'LL FIRE!"

[i]Blight still did not move. He continued looking at the Rising Sun, same smirk on his face. It was at this point that Destyr fired three rounds, but dropped his gun, reeling in shock along with everyone else, as Blight dodged them all, as if he were reenacting the Matrix.

Blight turned, looking soully upon Destyr. He picked the foolish boy up, bringing him close to his face. Upon inspection of Destyr's feet, the others realised he was off the ground by a good six inches![/i]

[b]Blight:[/b] "..........Cocky little sonnova b*tch. You need to realise something. When something of Mass Destruction is standing right next to you, you do NOT try and shoot it with puny projectiles. Or try to boss it around."

[i]With that said, Blight tossed Destyr on the ground, hard. Destyr coughed for a bit, wiping the dust off of his face. He stood up, holding his gut, as he had the wind knocked out of him.[/i]

[b]Blight:[/b] "I mean none of you any harm, as long as you don't do what that snivling little coward just did. You'll make it through the day if you don't cross me. But for now, who the Hell are you people, and what do ya want?"

[COLOR=seagreen][i]Aster stepped forward, her hand resting easily on the hilt of her sword. She tipped her hands to her forehead slightly.[/i]

Aster: Aster Lir. Pleasure. Since you asked, I'm hunting demons.

Blight: Is that it?

Aster: ...I like beer too.

Jessi: Jessi. I just chill with the group....

[i]Aster nudged Siren.[/i][/COLOR]

[color=crimson]Ken: ... We're [i]all[/i] Refugees, you could say. And we mean you no harm either. Our friend here is just trigger happy...

[i]Ken took a step foreward tward Blight, his eyes emotionless. He shoot a glance over tward Destyr. Slowly looking back at Blight, He arched an eyebrow.[/i]

Ken: What exactly are you doing out here, if you 'mean us no harm'?

[i]Ken walked to a Tree, and leaned against it. He looked at Blight, waiting for a reply.[/i][/color]

[i]Blight still had that cocked grin of his on, as he looked directly at Destyr with a look that dared him to try anything stupid again. Blight then turned to Ken, look going into an emotionless phase.[/i]

[b]Blight:[/b] "I have nowhere else to go. So I decided to try and make my difference to this world, an I killed some demons... Some angels too. No big deal. So what brings you to me? I heard yall coming, but I don't know why you'd follow after whatever made those explosions. So kindly explain.."

[color=crimson]Ken: Explosions dont usually occur when fighting goes on with Angels around, They silence the Demons necromancy magic to keep the destruction to a minimum... So with Angels and Demons fighting, I found it strange that explosions of that caliber were occuring.... And we followed them here, to you. I judge those massive explosions were your doing?

[i]Ken's gaze shifted to meet Blight's blaster, his question instantly being answered within his own mind. Blight still had that Grin that made Ken somewhat amused...[/i]

Blight: What if it was? It was no big deal, at all. Just some explosions...

Ken: .. I dont have anything further to discuss. Some of my friends might have some questions... As for me, i'm going to go see the extent of those Explosions Damage...

[i]Ken turned and disappeared within the foliage that the forest was so full of...[/i][/color]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Blight stared straight at Aster and seemed to be daring her to ask him a question about the explosions. She grinned broadly at him and winked.[/i]

Jessi: *whisper* Are you crazy?

Aster: .....[i]I know what I'm doing.[/i]

Jessi: [i]Like hell.[/i]

Aster: [i]Eheh.[/i][/COLOR]

Siren raised an eyebrow at their exchange then shook her head... She turned back to Blight and fixed him with a penetrating stare as if she was searching him for motives... Scowling and turned and sat at the base of a tree... Siren reached into her bag and pulled out a fruit bar... At Jessi's incerdulous look Siren protested...

Siren: What?! I dun got any questions... Might as well eat... *pulls out another and offers it to her* Want one?

[color=crimson][i]Ken walked into a clearing, his Shotgun at his side. He looked around, the signs of a fight not evident in the least. Arching an eyebrow, he leaned down. Massive fighting [b]had[/b] occured here! He was sure of it! Then...

"Where are the bodies? Where are the bodies of the Angels? Or Demons? Am I missing something?" He Thought...

Stepping up, he continued on. Walking through a bush, he heard a soft moan. His eyes darting around him, He searched for the orgin of the sound. A glint of metal caused by the rising sun caught his eye, the edge of a sword was on the ground. Ken reached down, and picked the sword up. It was obviously Angelic in orgin. A short distance from the Sword, A female Angel's body layed in the tall grass, bloodied and extremely dirty.

Walking twards it, he heard a low hiss behind him. A shadow rose behind him, Red eyes glowing out. Spinning around quickly, He saw claws descending down on him. Raising his arm in natural defense, a sharp pain registered that the Demonic Shadow had hit it's mark...

Raising his other hand, Ken pulled the trigger several times, The blast of a shotgun echoing out over the forest. The demon screamed and reared back, allowing Ken to bring his still raised bleeding arm into the black bleeding gut of the shadow, hard. The punch sent the shadow flying backwards, where it disappated, leaving black blood across the ground in its wake.

Ken lowered his shotgun, and ripped off his shirt sleeve and wrapped it around the wound, his blood staining it quickly. He looked down to the Angel, and kneeled down, looking at her face.

Suddenly coughing up blood, She startled Ken. Stepping back, he began to walk off...[/i]

Angel: Thank You, Mortal. He was... *spits up more blood* Tortureing me...

[i]Glancing back, Ken nodded and walked back to where Blight and the group had been, his desire to explore for any more signs of Demons fulfilled to the core...[/i][/color]

[COLOR=seagreen][i]Aster's ear twitched slightly. The sound was louder than it should've been. .....she looked over at Jessi and Siren; They weren't affected at all. Blight was still smirking and Destyr was his usual ...stoic....self.[/i]

Ken: I found them.

Aster: You also shot them.

Ken: You heard that?

Aster: Yeah. Anything else?

Ken: Tortered Angel......carnage...the works.

Aster: Tortured........I see.

Jessi: What?

Aster: Angels aren't the only things tortured by demons.

Siren: You too?

Aster: ....yeah.

[i]She turned around and let her tunic drop past her shoulders. Her back was a mass of scars, long thin lines traced up and down.[/i][/cOLOR]

[color=crimson][i]Ken's eyes stared at the scars....[/i]

Ken: ... I see. Sorry that happened...

[i]Ken turned, stareing at Blight...[/i]

Ken: ... I dont know about you guys... but before the fighting starts up again, I think we should try to get back to the house... Before we get caught in the middle of a large battle... The Demons dont stop... They will charge the Angels again........

[i]Ken turned and began walking in the direction of the tunnel, his shotgun resting on his shoulder, and his eyes looking at the orange of the Dawn Sky...[/i][/color]

[i]Blight turned around, facing away from the others. He was suddenly mad that the one named Ken had gotten the kill instead of Blight himself. He was a War Machine, created for the soul purpose of fighting. Sure, he had outdone his normal killings, but he still wanted more. His buster formed back into his right hand, finally allowing him to loosten his concentration. The jets on his wings came on, and he hovered in the air.

He guestured towards the direction that Ken had gone, and the others followed him, except for Destyr who walked some twenty feet behind Blight.

When Blight came to the entrance of the tunnel, he stopped, making his wings mechaniclly retract, so that he could fit into the passage way. Destyr took this oppertunity to run past, making his way further ahead of Blight. The Bot snickered, seeing his human cowardance. It was dusgustingly pathetic. But Blight stayed behind them all, thinking quietly.[/i]

[b]Blight:[/b] [i](If I can somehow use them to attract more Demons, which'll bring the Angels, I can kill more of them. This group could prove to be very useful, if I use them properly... Hmmm... This might judt work.)[/i]

[color=crimson][i]After a walk that seemed to last forever, and was full of conversation, They arrived back at the house. One by one, each of them walked in, Ken leaning against the wall and closing his eyes...[/i]

Ken: ... now what do we do?

[i]Listening to the silence that envolped the room afterwards, He sighed. There was really no where to run... no where to hide. Cant escape what is already all around you. It seemed to be a hopeless affair that was before them, confusion and insecruities blocking any real creative process that could get them to somewhere somewhat safer than in the middle of a battlefield.

His eyes rose and he looked at Blight. What a weird occurence to meet a war machine... I thought those were all destroyed at the last defensive wall that Mankind tried to hold up against the demon hoards and spawn... I havent seen one of those in a few years... Jeez. Time flies when you're watching everyone die...

Snapping back to reality, he sat down, wondering what would become of himself. His family was gone, and he had no idea how the rest of the immediate area was. Scout. Maybe if he scouted out for a town or somewhere to rest at least for awhile that'd be a good idea.... Time continued to pass as he lost himself in his world of thoughts...[/i][/color]

[I] Kojin stood, leaning against his Kendo stick, eyes closed, thinking.[/I]

Kojin: (what do we do now...that robot must have some use apart from killing.)
Tin Can!

[I]Blight span round in a split second, to face the human other than Destyr to challenge him with a scowl.[/I]

Kojin: Now that I have your attention, you must have something other than war programmed into that head of yours.

Blight: *relaxing a little to curiosity* Like what?

Kojin: I dunno, maps, historical or biblical references. Something, anything to figure out what it is that we do next.

Blight: I am fully programmed with detailed maps spanning the enitire globe, and I have the contents of over 1,000,000 libraries world wide, that probably don't exist any more.

Kojin: Impressive, so you can be a reference for when we decide, WHAT THE HELL WE'RE GONNA DO NOW!

[I] The group stared at him, half expecting him to follow up his exclamation.[/I]

Kojin: So what do we do, which side do we help, if we help at all?

Aster: Thats obvious..

Blight: Is it?

[I] Kojin sighed, Destyr still looked at Blight warily but less scared than he was.[/I]

Kojin: OK, its early morning, lets pic a direction, with the help of our walking encyclopedia, and discuss what we're gonna do on the way, good, ok? Lets go, oh and yeah, we better get something to help that wound heal.

[I]Most of the room shot glares at Kojin as he moved to door and opened it. Kojin came face to face with a snarling demon, it punched him in the chest and he flew to the opposite side of the room. and crashed to the floor. Kojin coughed twice and sprung to his feet, he lunged at the demon in the door way, drawing his sword on the way. The demon sidestepped Kojin's downward slash, but wasn't fast enough to dodge the backwards stab. The demon fell to it knees just outside the house, as Kojin withdrew his sword the demon coughed blood, holding it's stomach wound. Kojin turned to face the demon and swung his sword horizontally, slicing the head from the demon's shoulders. The body exploded into dust leaving only the head, face in the mud. Kojin fell to his knees, holding his chest and leaning on his sword. No-one but Blight, who had moved outside as quickly as the fight had done, had seen the fight outdoors. The group came out of the house to see the pile of dust and the head of the demon. Kojin was still holding his chest.[/I]

Destyr: Once punch and he's in agony, what a weakling.

[I] Everyone but Ken and Blight shot him a dirty look. Kojin unbottoned the first few buttons of his top to reveal a searing fist mark on his chest.[/I]

Kojin: You better bring something to heal this aswell.

[I]Kojin stood up to face Blight who just staring at the human. The human stared back.[/I]

[i]The Reploid smirked slightly, before turning to the forest, right hand turning into a buster. I gained a white glow, as the air around it wavered.[/i]

[b]Blight:[/b] "Knock, knock."

[i]After saying that, the buster shot fired, right into the forest. For a second, there was silence. Then a huge explosion ripped the forest a new one. Blight let his hand reform into just that, a hand, before crossing his arms as the explosion continued to scream towards the house. The humans began to stir a bit, seeing the tide of flames coming towards them with blinding speed. The others closed their eyes, preparing for the end, while Blight just stood there. The flames nearly reached the house when suddenly they stopped.

Mere feet away, the flames dipisitated. The others gapped in shock when they saw the huge crater that now lay waste to another part of the woods. They all looked at Blight, who was still smirking.[/i]

[b]Blight:[/b] "There. No more demons in the forest. Now, I frankly don't care what direction we go in, I just want to kill some demons... Possibly some angels too."

[b]Ken:[/b] "But don't you think you've killed quite enough already...? I mean... uhh........look at the forest."

[b]Blight:[/b] "Doesn't matter if I do that a hundred times over, I'm programmed for blood."

[b]Aster:[/b] "So what's keeping you from killing us?"

[b]Blight[/b]: "HAHAHAHAHA!!! Don't flater yourself! I don't kill humans. Too physically weak to withstand a single round from a buster. Besides, I was created to HELP mankind...sorta, if you exclude the huge explosions. But for the time being, if you really want my input, let's go west. The demons have already passed through there. Thus, they won't be around..."

[color=crimson][i]Ken, emotionless as ever, walked foreward...[/i]

Ken: ... Dont care where we go. I just want to go see my sister.

[i]Ken turned and looked at Blight..[/i]

Ken: As for you... You're programmed for destruction. There's enough of that, without your f*cking help with it. So just quit the goddamned sh*t with the blowing up of the forests. The more f*cking demons you feel that your *ss needs to kill, the more undead will rise at Satans will. You are not immortal. Your cockyness is your downfall.

[i]With that, Ken raised his shotgun, to rest it on his shoulder, and walked off, heading west. His face was dirty, and his arm was scarred, but he was still one thing... Just himself.[/i][/color]

Siren walked calmly over to Kojin and kneeled... She brought a sealed crockery jar out of her pack and opened it with a pen knife... Scooping some of the grey green goo out of the jar she applied it gently to his wound...

Siren: This will sting... *To Blight and Ken* You know... You two biting each others heads off won't help us in the least... Cooroperation is vital as I see it... Well maybe I'm blind but... we don't seem to be getting anywhere fast... If I end up having to seperate you like naughty children there will be trouble... But you know Blight... Ken does have a point... No I'm not taking any side but my own so don't waste your breath arguing with me... And it figures to me that we can go where ever untill we figure out a set destination... Any oppositions? You'll need a back up reason to convince me aginst anything I've said...

Siren draws a bangade roll from her pack and replaces the jar... as she begins to bind kojins wounds she waits for somone to object

[COLOR=seagreen][i]Aster stepped forward hands resting on her swordbelt.[/i]

Aster: I agree with Siren.

Siren: Glad somebody does....

Jessi: As do I.

Destyr: .........*spits to one side*

Ken: .........

[i]His face registered no emotion, but he remained calm. Blight looked at Aster's easy stance, then looked away. The group continued, Kojin's wounds healing rapidly......

Aster: ..........So...he kills angels.[/i][/COLOR]

Jessi:...don't we all...that's all we're really here for now. To get Ken's sister and and our vengeance...however....we DON'T need the help of some metal destructor...I trust him no more than those demons!

*looks sourly at Blight*

ooc: #%#%& the belll just rang....I guess I'll just finish whatever later...see you guys...^^

[i]Blight snickered, confusing the girl.[/i]

[b]Blight:[/b] "Trust me, if I wanted you dead, your body would be evisorated and drained of blood back in that ravine."

[i]He took a few steps closer, leaning over Jessi, voice growing cold, shallow.[/i]

[b]Blight:[/b] [size=1]"So I suggest you don't piss off the 'metal destuctor' who might very well one day save your life..."[/size]

[i]Saying no more, Blight began to walk towards the West, still smirking. Some people might have asked why. It was because all humans are clowns, always suspicious and weak. Pathetic in all aspects. But Blight decided that they would live, none the less, even if he had to protect them.[/i]

[I]As Kojin walked on behind the group he periodically checked his wound, it had healed almost perfectly, all that was left was some scar tissue where the knuckles had made contact.[/I]

Kojin: [B][I]To Siren[/I][/B] Thank you.

Siren: For wha..Oh, thats ok

[I]Kojin bowed his head, and returned to walking, Kendo stick in hand. He jogged up to Ken, who was somewhat near the front of the group. [/I]

Kojin: What was it that happened to your sister?

[I] Ken stopped in his tracks turning and staring directly into Kojins eyes.[/I]

Ken: Long story.

[I]He continued to walk on.[/I]

Kojin: [B][I]Following[/I][/B] Ah I see, well, I want you to know, if it came down to it, I'd help you save her before I even attempted to help him.[B][I]Kojin Flicks his head in the direction of Destyr.[/I][/B]

Ken:[B][I]Sarcasm[/I][/B] Thanks. Now get away from me.

[I]Kojin stopped and looked at the ground, it was futile to even attempt to be friendly with any of these people. He wasn't going to try any more. Kojin continued to walk on stragling a little behind the group. He drew his sword, strapping his Kendo stick to his back, and began to fiddle with it.[/I]

Kojin:[B][I]sigh[/I][/B]

Siren drops back and taps Kojin on the shoulder

Siren: Don't mind him... What I've concluded is that he's cold to everyone... You have a kind nature... Most of us here are hardened by years of battle and hardships... Others... *grins* Are programmed to be so... Don't get me wrong... I have no problem with Blight... I'd talk to him but that might not get very far... *she blinks and shakes her head* So... What brought you here? I mean... How did you get in this mess... *gestures to the group*

[color=crimson][i]Stepping foreward, They exited the eeriely silent forest, into a vast plain that had obviously been one of the focal points of the battle, dead or dieing angels and demons strone across the field. The stench of death all but overflowed in the air. Blast marks from Magicks that the Angels and Demons each practiced were all over the place.[/i]

Ken: ... Well. The demons *have* been through here. Good for us...

[i]The first the step foreward, Ken began to walk, looking at the twisted faces of Demons, locked in a final moment of pain and amusement. They even were amused by their own deaths... In the near horizon, A ruined steeple of a church stood high, Marking another small village Ken guessed. He began to head tward the steeple...[/i][/color]

[I]Kojin just followed the group ignorant of the destination.[/I]

Kojin: (To Siren) I...My Parents were killed in one of the first attacks by the demons, after that I went to live with my martial arts teacher. Then he was killed just a few days ago, thats who I was burrying on that hill. What about you?

Siren looked out over the battle ground and shivered

Siren: may familly has lived here as long as anyone can remember... My entire familly line practiced The Craft... I am the last of the legasy... You're the first person in... Years to know that we're not exactly wiccans... That is what we've been calling ourselves the past 50, 60 years but it's not what we are... However we're not witches either... At least... Not the kind you may be thinking... We don't worship the devil but god is also out of the picture... Spirits are our main point of power plant, animal and human...

Siren blinked realizing she may have said too much... She shook her head and watched the steeple come closer...

[i]Blight suddenly came to a complete halt, snarling. His face was aimed towards the left, where flies buzzed constantly, hovering over a mass accumulation of bodies from both angels and demons. There was an ever-so-low deep rumble, hardly noticible. Yet it caught his keen attention. Siren had stopped, for she did not want to bump into the Reploid from behind. But she did, however, wanted to know what the Hell he was doing.[/i]

[b]Siren:[/b] "What is it...?"

[b]Blight:[/b] "... ... ... Not sure. But I heard [i]something.[/i]"

[i]Blight's wings nealy instantly flared out, jets coming online ever so slowly to make him ascend higher above the knee-high grass. He adjusted the output of the boosters, so that he would not start a wildfire in the brown field off overgrown brush.

Now hundreds of feet in the air, everyone stopped to look at him, Blight inspected the area. His eyes sharply darted about, his bionic vision zooming in here, out there, only to zoom right back in.

Suddenly, he saw it. A large, rotten snout breeching the soil, trying to quietly surface. Blight used details of the fringe on the creature's nose to quickly accumulate the beast's approximate length, weight, battle capibilities, and such forth. Blight silently touched back down on the grass in his original spot. He turned himself so that he was half looking at Ken in front of him, and the people behind himself.[/i]

[b]Blight:[/b] "Draco. About thirty-five feet long. Maybe about seventeen tons. Wingspan, I'd say about,...fourty-two feet. So uh... I think we'd best move along. He was probably sent as re-enforcement for the demons, and from my data, they travel in packs of three to six. But, they know we're out here, and they're trying to be stealthy about it.

What they don't know is that [i]we[/i] know that they're here. So as long as we don't dash off suddenly or anything, we'll be fine."

[b]Destyr:[/b] "Like Hell! I'm not waiting to get eaten by some rotting lizard. I don't know about you guys, but I'm running to that Church, and sitting there until I get blessed or whatever so no demon scum can touch me!"

[i]Destyr went to run, but Blight just stood there, staring him down. Destyr didn't move, insteadm he just looked at the ground.[/i]

[b]Blight:[/b] "Wanna take a stab how far that town is? I'd say a good 450 meters. The average human runs a meter per second. Those Dracos could rip out of the ground in two seconds flat. Dracos can fly about 30 meters per second. In other words, you'd be dead within 2.37 seconds."

[i]Destyr said no more, as the group continued their trek to the town, being careful to take every step calmly. Blight's face was drawn tight with a tense look, as his left hand formed into his buster...[/i]