OtakuBoards

I love Gold.........Yeah Baby! (AP3)

Amphion

Okay,There was ONE thing That i didnt like.

You know in The second Movie when Dr.Evil says"Austin,I am your father"And Austin acts all suprised,Like he doesnt know who his father is,and you see the flashback when they are in highschool,And the Chair says"Reserved for Nigel Powers"...I didnt get it.:faint:

[color=indigo]I thought it was a great movie. I saw it on Sunday. I would say the only parts that bothered me were Britney Spears' little cameo (the movie really could have done without), and that one Foxy Cleopatra bothered me sometimes. Other than that, the movie was worthwhile. It was good to finally see some sharks with lasers attached to their heads. If you're going to go see it, make sure you go with a sense of humor, as I can see some of you did not.[/color]

umm.. Britney's cameo...she doesn't sing does she? Because I really don't think I could handle that. I mean, I'm too scared to listen to the radio because they might be playing Britney Spears.

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I thought it was a great movie. I saw it on Sunday. I would say the only parts that bothered me were Britney Spears' little cameo (the movie really could have done without), and that one Foxy Cleopatra bothered me sometimes. Other than that, the movie was worthwhile. It was good to finally see some sharks with lasers attached to their heads. If you're going to go see it, make sure you go with a sense of humor, as I can see some of you did not.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]LOL, I came to the movie with a sense of humor and ready to laugh out loud. :)

However, when you look at the third installment of this franchise, all of their jokes either played off the second movie (the shadows), were explained in detail by the actors in the film (the subtitles), or were just plain nasty (peeing in the guy's mouth) or not funny (everyone laughing when Austin couldn't find his dad).

I have a sense of humor, but that only takes me so far in this movie. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I thought some of the parts were funny. I don't know, I just found the second movie so much more enjoyable, and went from there.[/color]

:blah:

yeah, i saw a special pre-release showing of it!*holds fist up and smiles* and i didn't really like it............thewhole SPOILER thing with Dr. Evil and Austin Powers being brothers and scott being evilEND OF SPOLIER was just S-T-U-P-I-D! sorry if everyone doesn't feel the same way...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i]
[B][color=teal]LOL, I came to the movie with a sense of humor and ready to laugh out loud. :)

However, when you look at the third installment of this franchise, all of their jokes either played off the second movie (the shadows), were explained in detail by the actors in the film (the subtitles), or were just plain nasty (peeing in the guy's mouth) or not funny (everyone laughing when Austin couldn't find his dad).

I have a sense of humor, but that only takes me so far in this movie. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I thought some of the parts were funny. I don't know, I just found the second movie so much more enjoyable, and went from there.[/color][/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]You don't think the whole "urinating" in the guy's mouth was funny??? Lol, I did. If there was anything that was supposed to be nasty it would be Goldmembers gross little habit. Though even as disgusting as that may be, I still couldn't help but laugh at it. Also, I don't think the whole part where the people were laughing at Austin were supposed to be funny.. except when the same janitor happened to be in both flashbacks, lol.

I will admit that some of the jokes were rather predictable (especially the whole Roboto thing, saw that coming a mile away). I just don't think the movie was bad enough to not see in theaters. It was worth my time, and I know the people I was with thought it was also.

genkai_yyh: I didn't think the whole Austin/Evil thing was all that bad. Though I must say I have a hard time being afraid of Seth Green, lol.[/color]

[color=teal]I didn't think the movie live up to it's expectation I mean there were some hilarious bits to it like the beginning of the film but overall I think it was just made to bring a close to the Austin Powers films[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mstyrios WX [/i]
[B]Jesus christ folks,in the first fricken post it said "If you going to say it sucks and all don't post here..."What do you do?POST HERE TONS OF TIMES RUINING ITS GOOD NAME!*COUGH!*Solid Snake*HACK!*
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1] Whoa, dude, chill, okay? People have a right to their opninons. :D

I saw the movie and it was hiliarious! I agrre it wasn't up to it's full potential, but it was still funny. I never caught a part where it talked about what happened to Felicity, though...*shrugs*[/color][/size]

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mstyrios WX [/i]
[B]Jesus christ folks,in the first fricken post it said "If you going to say it sucks and all don't post here..."What do you do?POST HERE TONS OF TIMES RUINING ITS GOOD NAME!*COUGH!*Solid Snake*HACK!*[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]Thank you for that clear interpretation Mstyrios WX, it gives me my daily dose of insanity. ;)

Anyway, I don't mind if you disagree with me, not at all. I mean to say, arn't message boards meant to be a home for debators? It would be quite hard to debate if you don't have someone on either side.

I admit that I should have read the first post more clearly, and I respect his post, but the people here have a right to know my opinion. What's the point if everyone says it's the best movie ever, then someone goes and sees it and, like me, thinks it not very good at all. Then we wouldn't have helped anyone in this thread, would we? LOL, it makes me laugh just thinking about it. :)[/color]

:blah:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mist [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]I saw the movie and it was hiliarious! I agrre it wasn't up to it's full potential, but it was still funny. I never caught a part where it talked about what happened to Felicity, though...*shrugs*[/color][/size][/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]I don't think they did mention her, but on Comedy Central's little dealie with the movie, Mike explained that she ran off and married a guy named John Alday, but she wanted to keep her maiden name, so she goes by Felicity Shagwell-Alday.

:p[/color]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]Wow, didn't know that...[/size]

[size=4]SPOLIER!![/size]

[size=1]Well anyway, the funniest part to me, was probably with the shadow thingy, where it was like austin had a baby.... o.O[/color] [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I don't think they did mention her, but on Comedy Central's little dealie with the movie, Mike explained that she ran off and married a guy named John Alday, but she wanted to keep her maiden name, so she goes by Felicity Shagwell-Alday.

:p[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1] But then it wouldn't really be her maiden name, would it? I mean, she marries Austin, and looses her maiden name to his. *shrugs* Thanks for the info, nonetheless![/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i]
[B]
[color=teal]Thank you for that clear interpretation Mstyrios WX, it gives me my daily dose of insanity. ;)

Anyway, I don't mind if you disagree with me, not at all. I mean to say, arn't message boards meant to be a home for debators? It would be quite hard to debate if you don't have someone on either side.

I admit that I should have read the first post more clearly, and I respect his post, but the people here have a right to know my opinion. What's the point if everyone says it's the best movie ever, then someone goes and sees it and, like me, thinks it not very good at all. Then we wouldn't have helped anyone in this thread, would we? LOL, it makes me laugh just thinking about it. :)[/color]

:blah: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1] Smooth handle! Although, I don't think I would've obliged him with my coolness. ;)[/color][/size]

[color=teal]Wait if Austin married Ms Shagwell then why isn't she seen with Austin in his pad and through out the entire Goldmember film also that bit about Dr Evil actually being called Dougy was really funny[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Red XIII [/i]
[B][color=teal]I didn't think the movie live up to it's expectation I mean there were some hilarious bits to it like the beginning of the film but overall I think it was just made to bring a close to the Austin Powers films[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah. A close. That's why they set it up for another film with Scott as the bad guy, hmm?

There will be another one, if Goldmember pulls in Cash. It's all about the money.

This movie did not live up to the hype. It was funny, but only a little. They used to many things from the second one. Like the shadow thing, and the radar thing. This movie is good, but didn't meet my expectations for how good it should be. If they would have used more inventive new ideas instead of taking old ideas and changing them, it would have been better.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AnimeLover [/i]
[B]This movie did not live up to the hype. It was funny, but only a little. They used to many things from the second one. Like the shadow thing, and the radar thing. This movie is good, but didn't meet my expectations for how good it should be. If they would have used more inventive new ideas instead of taking old ideas and changing them, it would have been better. [/B][/QUOTE]

Reused or not, that shadow thing was funny. And they made a point of pointing out (lol) that they already used that joke before. And there where plenty of new jokes. Way more then old.

• 1 month later...
Goldmember was hilarious, I especially liked it how Dr Devil Finally gets those frickin sharks with frickin laser beams attached to thier heads lol!

Although many old jokes were from the first 2, (like the rocket that looks like a mans ......) they were still funny, also remember that Austin Powers Spy who Shagged me played off a few jokes from the first movie as well (like the easily escapable scenario with one inept guard, and the Dr Evil / Scott Evil Shhhh!)

The shadow thingy was just as funny as the first, and i was surpirsed to see all the osbournes make a Cameo. and Michale Caine as Austin's father was a brilliant idea, I wonder who his mother is....

I hope they make another, it would be funny to see Scott as the new head of Evil enterprises, or whatever... :devil:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest defbug
Loved that movie!!! I was there on the exact date on July 26 which was packed with people seeing that movie!!! Beyonnce Knowles did a fanstastic job as Foxy Cleopatra!!!! The movie ROCKS!!! :haha: