OtakuBoards

Zelda Quiz

Dante the Demon Slayer

[color=teal]Alrighty, since no-one has a question, It's up to me to ask. In Ocarina of Time, there is a sage NOT named after a city or village in Link's Adventure (TLoZ2, for those who don't know). Who is it? Hint: The locations of the cities do NOT in any way show relationships with the locations of their sages in Ocarina.[/color]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=indigo]Zelda...yes, Zelda is the seventh sage in OOT, and there's no town or village in Zelda II: The Adventure of Link named Zelda. But, that's probably not who you meant. You probably meant Impa, right? :smirk:

Okay, now for my question: In Zelda: A Link to the Past, there are two enemies, both found in the same room, that resemble Chain Chomps from the Super Mario Bros. series. Where can they be found?[/color]

[color=teal]They can be found in the Turtle Rock dungeon, at the top of Death Mountain in the Dark World, where you gain the seventh crytstal, infacte, the one that contains Zelda herself AND the mirror shield of that game.

My 2nd question: What is the name of Link's uncle in Link to the Past, mentioned only once in the Zelda Guide from Nintendo Power. Hint: It's not that hard. This name is mentioned in every single game, though it's only once connected to Link's uncle.[/color]

[color=indigo]Okay, I have that guide, and I've read through it. I didn't see anywhere where it gives the name of Link's Uncle, and I don't think it ever does. Give me a page number so I can look it up and see for myself, and I'll believe that it gives a name. I've done a [i]ton[/i] of research on A Link to the Past, and nowhere official did I find a name for Link's Uncle. (Other than "Link's Uncle," anyway). Not even the Hyrule Encyclopedia on zelda.com.

If you could PM me the page number where the name can be found in the guide, I'd be very happy to check this out for myself.[/color]

[color=teal]Are you using the Prima or Versus guide? I think it's in the Versus, though I can't be sure. But I'm sorry I said Nintendo Power. I associate all cheat guides to NP for some reason. Anyway, his name is...you'll hate me for this, and this is where I got the idea that the Link saga is a friggin' family with no originality in their naming of children...Link. Big surprise, huh. Here's an easy one to make up for my last poser: What is the name of the Fairy Queen in Link to the Past?[/color]

[color=indigo]I only have the Nintendo Power guide. I tend not to trust other mags/guides for things like this, when it's not actually in the game.

And the Queen of Faeries' name is Venus. Anyone that's beaten the game should know that, since it tells during the ending movie. :)

Okay, this may or may not be tricky, depends on how much you talk to people in the game, I suppose: Early on in A Link to the Past, right after you rescue Zelda, you can get a hint for defeating Blind the Thief, the boss of Level 4: Gargoyle's Domain (Level 4 in the Dark World). Where/who do you get the hint from?[/color]

[i][color=teal]You get it from the freaky guy in the shaded house,the one with the block puzzle in the basement with twenty rupees each in four treasure chests, a bombable wall with six pots (Could be eight) and a Piece of Heart behind it. Anyways, the guy (or girl, i ain't sure) tells you that Blind had a severe allergy to sunlight, so in Dark World Dungeon #4, you had to rescue a "maiden", go upstairs, and bomb open a hole in the top floor's floor near a window, then lead the "girl" into the pool of light now filtering into the boss room. I just beat that dungeon yesterday for the twentieth time. I beat it as soon as I get the hookshot, I love the Titan's Mitt (Lv. 3 glove) so much!

Question: What is the name of the best blade on Legend of Zelda for the NES?
Hint: It's not quite what most people who've played Zelda from LttP on would think!

[color=indigo]Heh, I like to beat Level 4: Gargoyle's Domain either just after beating Level 1: Palace of Darkness, or before beating Level 1. (It is possible, but you have to use a glitch). Having the Tempered Sword (Lv. 3 sword) is nice for going through Level 3: Skull Dungeon, because those dang Gibdos take a [i]lot[/i] of hits if you only have the Master Sword (Lv. 2 sword).

And the answer is the Magical Sword, and you can get it from the old man in the graveyard once you've gotten 12 Heart Containers. "Master using it, and you can have this." :)

Okay, in A Link to the Past, can Super Bombs (purchased for 100 Rupees at the Bomb Shop in the Dark World, after beating Level 6: Misery Maze) hurt you and/or enemies?[/color]

[color=teal]No they cannot. I found that out by making the stupid mistake of wasting 100 rupees and dashing (pressing 'A' releases the bomb and starts its fuse unless you touch it again) and letting the damn thing explode right next to a friggin' Moblin Knight.

Question: Who is the first person to say the words 'Master Sword' in the Legend of Zelda series?
Hint: I will allow for the first person to say 'Sword of Evil's Bane'.[/color]

[color=indigo]I'm pretty sure that would be the Sage in the Sanctuary, in A Link to the Past, after you rescue Zelda. Not sure, though, since I haven't played Zelda II much. So, I don't know it it's mentioned in Zelda II or not. I don't think so, though...

Bleh. I really need to play through Zelda II. You can find out a lot from reading about a Zelda game, but you can't beat playing through it yourself. ...If only they hadn't used that stupid side-scrolling view, I'd have played through it by now...[/color]

[color=indigo]Naw, there are a couple people in A Link to the Past that mention the Master Sword before you go meet Sahasrahla. There's the Sage, and at least one other person. I know that the first person to mention it in A Link to the Past is the Sage, though, since neither Link's Uncle or Zelda tells you about it, and the next person that you talk to after those two is the Sage.

But anyway, in the original The Legend of Zelda, what does Link do to light up the room that Gannon is in?[/color]

[color=seagreen]Edit:
Nope, you fight Ganon in the Pyramid of Power in A Link to the Past. In the original The Legend of Zelda, you fight Gannon in Death Mountain, so you're pretty far down underground. So, light from outside isn't going to be able to get through.

(Note the spelling of "Ganon" when being refered to in the original game, where it's spelled with two n's in the middle instead of one). :)[/color]

[color=indigo]Nope. There aren't any torches in the room, the only enemy in the room is Gannon himself, and you can't light your farts in the game. That would just be...no, I don't think I'm even going to go there...

But anyway, he holds up the Triforce of Wisdom, and that lights up the room. I guess I'll ask another one, since no one got that one, and I want to keep this thing moving.

Okay, here's an easy one: In Ocarina of Time, where can the Sinking Lure be found?[/color]

[color=indigo]You have to lift up the edge of the cartridge just a bit, and if you do it right, the person that blocks you from leaving the Forest will disappear. You're then free to explore Hyrule Field, and get all sorts of stuff that you're not supposed to be able to get yet.

Okay, lets try one from Majora's Mask now: Do you have to beat the dungeons in a set order?[/color]

[color=indigo]Nope, you never have to get Epona in Ocarina of Time. She's quite useful for getting around quickly, and you can't get the Biggoron's Sword without her, but you don't actually need her.

Right, in Oracle of Seasons, where do you get the sword upgrade? (Not the one in the Lost Woods, the one that you need the secret from a linked Oracle of Ages game in order to get).[/color]

[color=crimson]So anotherwords, you've used the Ages password on the Seasons game, right? (I've got both...or did...:bawl:, so I know this!)
You play the minigame that is under the clock shop in Horon village. (There's a lady in Horon that tells you to dig behind the shop.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In "Link to the Past", what was Ganondorf Dragmire's alias and what did it mean? [/color]

[color=teal]GinnyLyn means Mandrag Ganon, and it is King of Thieves. [size=1]Hmm...If Robin Hood is the Prince of Thieves, I wonder what that means....j/k.[/size]

[b]Question:[/b]What is the name of the pond in [i]Link to the Past[/i] in which you can upgrade arrows and bombs for 100 rupees, and then tell me what kind of creature in [i]Link's Awakening[/i] does the same thing minus the cost of Rupees?[/color]