OtakuBoards

Zelda Quiz

Dante the Demon Slayer

[color=indigo]The pond in LTP is actually called two things. When you actually go there, it says it's the Pond of Happiness. In the ending, though, it calls it the Wishing Well.

As for in LA, the Mad Batter gives you the upgrades.

Okay, now for mine: How many Zelda games has Malon been in, and which ones?[/color]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=teal]She has been in two, though she goes by the name Romani and her older sister is Malon's adult form. On Majora's Mask. The other one is Ocarina of Time(duh)! Anywho, the one from Link's Awakening is Marin.

[b]Question:[/b]Does the Mad Batter ever make any other appearances in the games' history and in which game and where in that game can he be located, if he does.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OlgaTheDwarf [/i]
[B]Do you really know she has only been in two of them? What about the ones realesed in Japan, huh! [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Um...the Zelda games in Japan are the same as the ones here in the US. :rolleyes:

As for your quesion, ElvenFoxKnight, the Mad Batter can be found in A Link to the Past. To find it, you have to pound down the post in front of the Blacksmith shop in Kakariko Village, allowing you to jump down the well. From where you land, go up one room, and then sprinkle some Magic Powder on the weird statue thing. It'll appear and "curse" you by making you use half the amount of magic power when you use items that use magic.

For my question, what was the first Zelda game that gave you the ability to jump?[/color]

[color=teal]It was Zelda II, Link's Adventure on the NES. It also happened to be the only game to feature the free use of the jump in which you a)didn't need the Roc's Feather or b)run off the edge of a cliff.

[b]Question:[/b]What are the names of the bosses of the first three palaces in [i]Link to the Past[/i], what do you need to make the battle easier on yourself against the second one, and give a complete list of the items you have procured up to about about ten minutes after the final one's defeat. And I mean from the three dungeons and ONE extra item, not from the Hyrule Castle or treasure boxes.
[b]HINT:[/b]Another item I mean has something to do with health.[/color]

[color=indigo]That's quite a list of things, lol... Lets see, the first three bosses in LTP, in order, are the Armos Knights, the Lanmolas, and the Moldorm. As for something that makes the battle against the Lanmolas easier, um, the two Bottles you can get up to that point with Blue Potions in both of them would make the fight easier, lol... That could be a few things, and I don't know which you're talking about... For the items, well, there's a lot of items that you can get during that part of the game, but not all of them are required. For the Y Button items, there's the Bow & Arrow, Boomerang (which can be upgraded at the Waterfall of Wishing), Bombs, Mushroom/Magic Powder, Ice Rod, Lamp, Bug-Catching Net, Book of Mudora, three Bottles, and the Magic Mirror. For the A Button items, there's the Pegasus Shoes, Power Glove, Zora's Flippers, and the Moon Pearl. For equipment, there's the Fighter's Sword, Fighter's Shield, Red Shield, the clothes you start out with, and then that one other item is the Master Sword. You've also gotton the Pendant of Courage, Pendant of Power, and the Pendant of Wisdom from beating each of the first three bosses.

Heh, if we're going for the names of bosses and whatnot, name the boss of each dungeon in the original The Legend of Zelda, in the correct order. (In the 1st Quest, that is).[/color]

[color=seagreen]Edit:
What one after you rescue Zelda? ...Are you talking about a boss?

And yeah, the Ice Rod works well on the Lanmolas. Like I said, there are a few things that can make the fight easier. I prefer to get a couple of Red/Blue Potions and use my sword, though, because it makes the fight last longer. Out of the first three bosses, the Lanmolas are my favorite.

For the bosses, you got the first two right, and you do fight Aquamentus in a later dungeon, in addition to in Level 1.[/color]

[color=teal]Well, you forgot something. Four, to be exact, if you count the one after you rescue Zelda. And the bottles, I never use 'em. i use the Ice Rod. Three hits and a Lanmola is DEAD as opposed to the thirty sword hits or the twelve arrow hits. Anywho, all I know in regard to the first Zelda's bosses are Aquamentus, Dodongo, Gohma, something, something, Aquamentus repeat, I think, Triple Dodongo (I think), Double Gohma (I think), and finally, Ganon. I only beat the game. I never used a file that didn't have the Red Ring and the Silver Arrows.[/color]

[color=indigo]Those were also released here in the US, and they aren't real Zelda games anyway, seeing as they weren't developed by Nintendo and don't have anything to do with Nintendo other than having the name Zelda on them, and using a few characters from the Zelda series. True, the Oracle games were devleoped by Capcom, but Nintendo worked with them on the games. They were actually having a lot of trouble with the games before Miyamoto started helping them with the games. Nintendo didn't have anything to do with the development of the CD-i games. That, and those came out before OOT, and I really doubt Nintendo would use a character that came from one of the CD-i games.[/color]

[color=indigo]Only because I don't have enough money to get a CD-i system. I have Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon, but CD-i systems, if you can even find one, are usually pretty expensive. If I had the money, I'd get one and the other two CD-i Zelda games and play them, even if they are some of the worst games ever made. Just so I'd know about them.

Now stop posting in here unless you're answering a question... This is a quiz game thing, not "Try and find something that Desbreko doesn't know about the Zelda series." That's what PMs are for.[/color]

[color=seagreen]Edit:[/color]
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OlgaTheDwarf [/i]
[B]Oh Jon, you're sooooooo mean. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=seagreen]Yep, I am. :p *deletes post* Now stop spamming in my beloved Zelda Forum before I'm mean to you in real life. :naughty:[/color]

Fire!
The easiest way is to use Din's Fire but I guess if you're quick enough you can use arrows.

OK, my turn. How many times has a Zelda game won the Nintendo Power "Nester" for game of the year? If you want to get really into it you can name the games and which year they won in.

[color=indigo]Three Zelda games have won the "Best Overall Game" award in the Nintendo Power Nester Awards (which are now just called the Nintendo Power Awards, since the Nester comic strip isn't in NP anymore). Zelda II: The Adventure of Link won in 1988, and ten years later, Zelda: Ocarina of Time claimed the #1 spot in 1998, with Zelda: Majora's Mask winning in 2000.

Right, now for my question... In Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, you get Bomb Bags to keep your Bombs in. What are the Bomb Bags made out of?[/color]

[color=indigo]Nope. You should know the Bow & Arrows isn't in all of them, though. You have played through the Oracle games... After looking at the list of items for Zelda II, though, I can't find any weapons that are in all of the Zelda games besides the sword, let alone three. Which three are you talking about?[/color]

[color=indigo]Um...you said "weapons" in your post, so I took that to mean that the shield and keys weren't included... If we're talking about just items, there are certainly more than three that are in all of the games. Heart Containers and Fairies would be two more, in addition to the sword, shield, and keys.[/color]