OtakuBoards

First Game.....

GhostofSalvtore

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember when i got my first NES, i got mario, gyromite + rob, duckhunt + zapper, batman and teenage mutant hero turtles but all i played was mario :)

I still have my nes, and i have over 1000 cartriges for it (i got it chipped so i could buy imported games from japan and the usa, because they had all the good games)

My favourite games is a harder one, pick any from this list
Scramble (arcade)
space invaders (arcade)
any zelda or startropics game on nintendo
eternal darkness (gamecube)
every mario game
mgs 1 (PS one)
parasite eve 1 (PS one)
legend of legia (PS one)
Super monkey ball 1 & 2 (gamecube)
final fantasy 6 (snes)

i'm sure i have more favourites, but i cant think of them at the moment.

Letterman

[color=red][b]Well, didn't super mario/duck hunt come with the original nes? so wasn't that just about everyone's first nes game?[/b][/color]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Hmm. . the first game I played that got me into gaming. . Spades, Poker? ^_^ Ok, seriously though - Jumpman and other games of the sort for the old Commodore64. They were just awesome, and after that, all the games for the NES and Gameboy were really awesome.

The first game I beat -- Umm. . Mario perhaps? I really can't remember most of the computer games that I have beaten, it's just been too long. I really enjoyed Kings Quest V - that had to be one of my favorites that really took a lot of thought and had a bunch of challenges that kept me going crazy till I beat the game ^_^

I have a bunch of favorites, but I wouldn't even want to start that list, LOL. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

The first game I ever played was Super Mario Bros. for Nintendo. The first game I ever beat was Metal Gear Solid for the playstation, it is the only game that I found that was good enough to keep my interest long enough to beat it. Now I've beaten it an uncountable number of times and it is still fun.

The first game I got was Goldeneye for the Nintendo 64. Man, classic first-person shooter -- a evolution that paved way for many similar first-person shooters and started a new era, in a sense. I got that back in Christmas of 1998, and have since beatin EVERYTHING in that game. What a doosy...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shadow [/i]
[B]I think that the first game I ever played was Super Mario World, but I still haven't beaten it. Does anyone else think that modern games are easier than old games? [/B][/QUOTE]
Umm, no, actually. I'm what some would call a "modern-day gamer" because of how late I got into gaming (6th grade), but I beat Super Mario World ported to the GBA in less that a month with all of the coins and everything. I beat it two more times after that before I got bored of it. I believe that modern games have a lot more potential because they can store much more memory to add longer and harder levels, and with 3 dimensional worlds, the programers could induce a lot more obstacles/make it harder, but that's questionable.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AnimeGurl
hmmmmmmm....let's see,what was the first game i played...It was one of the mario games.MarioLand....something like that.Hey!...Isn't it see u space cowboy?

[color=indigo]Could you please make your posts a little more readable? That was near unintelligible. :cross: Try taking a little more time for typing out your posts (as in, don't try and go as fast as you can), and going back over it before you post it. - Desbreko[/color]

Ah, the first game I have ever [i]beaten[/i] was probably...Diddy Kong Racing for Nintendo 64. I know it sounds rediculous but I played that game for hours on end when I first bought it. Two months later everything was completed. EVERYTHING.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SaiyanPrincessX [/i]
[B]The first game that got me hooked wasn't a Nintendo game. It was either Night Stalker or Dungeons and Dragons for Intelivision. Then Sonic Adventure 2 for Sega Genusis. The first Nintendo game I ever played was probebly Diddy Kong Country 3 for SNES. I can't quite remember..:cross: [/B][/QUOTE]

isn't that game for the dreamcast? My first game that I played and beatwas Wayne Gretsky's 3D Hockey for the N64...yes pathetic I know and I was only six at the time but the first game that had credits at the end...pokemon :ball: sigh

[COLOR=royalblue]Star Tropics, for the NES.

Purely awesome.

Sure, i'd have played games before that, on the arti and such, but that game there, my [u]first[/u] R.P.G, is what made me the gamer i am today. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=green]I have two older brothers one seven years older and the other five years older, and I have been playing for a long time, but the I think the first game I have ever beaten was Zelda: A Link to the Past on SNES it's my favorite game then I think the first game I had ever played was since as far back as I remember since I was playing since three, was Quackshot for Sega Genesis yes it is old and some of you or most of you have probably never even heard of it, but I think that was the first game I've ever played that or Sonic.[/COLOR] :D

Guest Musahi
[color=darkred]My first game? Wolfenstein, the original. The first FPS ever. One of the best games ever. It took me quite a long time too. I think a few hours or so. God I miss that game....[/color]

• 2 weeks later...