OtakuBoards

Kingdom Hearts

Guest Neo Bahamut

Guest Neo Bahamut
This game looks very cool indeed. I dont care if its got Bambi, Simba and even that Baloo from the jungle book, i will be the proud owner of this strangely odd team up title when it arrives over here in the UK. I would just like to know what the hell the story is about and if any one can give me a good synopsis, it'll be much obliged. Thanx :)

[color=blue][size=1]I also had to delete the word from this post. -Crazy White Boy[/color][/size]

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Neo Bahamut [/i]
[B]This game looks very cool indeed. I dont care if its got Bambi, Simba and even that Baloo from the jungle book, i will be the proud owner of this strangely odd team up title when it arrives over here in the UK. I would just like to know what the hell the story is about and if any one can give me a good synopsis, it'll be much obliged. Thanx :)

[color=blue][size=1]I also had to delete the word from this post. -Crazy White Boy[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Calm down, thats the second time ive seen one of your posts edited Neo. Ive heard of that game, the disney/square cross over. I cant help you there, i have just recently heard of it. By the looks of it (i got a free DVD disc with the E3 trailer on it from FF10), it has something to do with a big key.
Wont it be cool if the actual fianl fantasy sephiroth were in it.

The plot revolves around the tale of Sora, a 14-year-old boy whose life is changed forever when a storm slams into his island home and he is separated from his two best friends-Riku,14 and Kairi, 15. After the storm scatters these lifelong companions to places unknown, Sora picks himself up and begins the quest to find his friends in a new mysterious land. Before too long, Sora links up with Court Wizard Donald and Captain Goofy, protectors of the Disney Castle, and learns that these characters are on a mission to find King Mickey.

As their journey unfolds, the group discovers the existence of a terrible evil-creatures known as the Heartless. Devoid of feeling and hailing from an unknown dimension, these are beings responsible for the horrible strorm that upset so many lives. The Heartless aim to recruit Disney villains to help in the theft of the pure hearts and souls of the land's inhabitants. It's the player's job to save the universe from the Heartless and return the king to his throne--not to mention find Sora's friends.

According to what I've read, the story arc focuses heaily on the Disney Angle, but also showcases a witty and genuine tale that is quintessentially Square.

Oh yeah, Ragnarok, from what I know, Sephiroth will not make an appearance. However, Tidus, Yuffie, Waka, Selphie, Cid(FFVII) and Squall (known here as "Leon") will make cameos.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]
However, Tidus, Yuffie, Waka, Selphie, Cid(FFVII) and Squall (known here as "Leon") will make cameos. [/B][/QUOTE]

cloud is also in the game, you see him in the bonus dvd....

in japan, they call squall "leon" because they call him that for short because of his surname, Leonheart....

Guest ProudClod
I took the liberty of posting some awesome shots of squares/disneys brand new rpg kingdom hearts. Enjoy...

[img]http://www.rpgamer.com/games/other/ps2/kinghearts/screens/summons--dumbo.jpg[/img]

The shy big eared elephant shows off his moves in battle....sassy!

[img]http://www.rpgamer.com/games/other/ps2/kinghearts/screens/sora_cloud.jpg[/img]

Young hero sora confronts cloud in a colleseum. Sora keeps his own share of concerns, and manages to keep an upbeat attitude, like Tidus of ffx.

[img]http://www.rpgamer.com/games/other/ps2/kinghearts/screens/boss1.jpg[/img]

Boss fights always tend to be the most difficult battles, but also have the best detailed graphics and fmv's

[img]http://www.rpgamer.com/games/other/ps2/kinghearts/screens/battle4.jpg[/img]

A shot of one of the heartless foes in kingdom hearts. The heartless, beings without hearts, appear out of nowhere. There origin and purpose are shrouded in mystery. The heartless cast the world into darkness, stealing away peoples hearts, attacking soras world without mercy.

[img]http://www.rpgamer.com/games/other/ps2/kinghearts/screens/cloud_sora_goofy_donald.jpg[/img]

And finally, your average daily super heroes from left to right Cloud Strife, young Sora, Court Wizard Donald Duck, and your Captain of the Royal Knights Goofy.

*-* Links are broken?

The release date for the game seems to be far from where we are now in the year, but I think it's going to be a lot of fun...especially for the kids. Now I'm wondering if there'll be tons of singing cutscenes just like a regular disney movie...

Guest ProudClod
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mist [/i]
[B]Wow, this seems like an intresting game Does anyone know the EXACT date of of release? [/B][/QUOTE]

We can expect this game to arrive in the UK in December, im not quite sure about the US, and its already out in japan....Lucky!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by iggy [/i]
[B]it kinda sounds like a kittie game to me [/B][/QUOTE]

Ugh, I'm not trying to insult you Iggy, but such a comment is hypocritical coming from someone who can't spell "kiddie."

Anyway, like Disney movies themselves, I'm sure that the game will be enjoyable for gamers of all ages. Kingdom Hearts might appear innocent enough, but as I said earlier, although the story arc focuses heaily on the Disney angle, it also showcases a witty and genuine tale that is quintessentially Square. ;)

Guest ProudClod
One thing about the summon spells, they dont look fiersome enough to actually hurt someone! What i mean is if you look at fina fantasys summon spells, you get the idea that they are strong and they can take anything on, for example ffx, Yuna summons ifrit and even asks if he would help her. Where as on the other hand the kingdom hearts summons are all DISNEY CHARACTERS!! and dont look intimidating at all.

Im not saying that this is bad, i like it because its new, but it just doesnt give square that sourcery look.

• 3 weeks later...
The game is set for release this fall, around October or November for the US. The game does focus on the more Disney aspects, but that?s half the fun! You get to explore worlds from most of the Disney films including, (but not limited to) Tarzan, The Little Mermaid, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Alice in Wonderland, Winnie the Pooh, and the Disney castle itself. Something interesting here, every time you go to a new land, your costume changes. Sora becomes a half shark merman in The Little Mermaid's sea, Goofy becomes a turtle, and Donald is an octopus hybrid. Also, characters from the movies will help you along the way, Tarzan fights along Sora during his jungle adventure. I myself am looking forward to this title. Heck, two of the biggest franchises in the world collaborated on it, it outta be good.

• 1 month later...
[COLOR=royalblue]Before I say this let me make two things clear: 1) I wasn't sure which forum this went in and 2) I'm not sure this is the right gaming company. Anyway, here's my question: What's your view on the new X-Box game Kingdom Hearts?[/COLOR]

[color=indigo]Okay, I moved this thread to the Sony forum, and then merged it with the other Kingdom Hearts thread. - Desbreko[/color]

Number 1: There has already been a thread about Kingdom Hearts.

Number 2: This belongs in the Sony forum.

Number 3: Kingdom hearts will be released on the PS2, not the Xbox.

Finally, if you at least thought it was going to be released on the Xbox, then why put it in the Nintendo forum?....o.O

Yes, there was some major confusion here, heh. As a bit of advice Angedramon, if you are unsure of what platform a game will be released on, simply check one of numerous gaming sites or pm one of the gaming staff. Usually, one of us will know. ;)

The other thread on this, which is quite old, can be found by clicking [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=11717]HERE[/URL], if you want to read up on older information.

The game will be shipping to the United States September 17th, now including variable difficulty levels and an appearance by Sephiroth. :toothy:

It's funny that IGNPS2 just now put that information on their page lol. The Sephiroth thing was first mentioned over a month ago (Just like IGNCube just announced Enclave on GC, when Nintendo.com has had it on their release list forever now). Oh well.

I'm very happy to hear about the Expert mode addition though. I'm getting this just for the Nightmare Before Christmas and Alice in Wonderland areas :D.

Kingdom Heartsis Square's newest hit title after Final Fantasy.

Many of you will get put off by it because Square are co-working with Disney, but it can't all be bad. ;)

We'll be seeing the likes of Cloud, Squall, Yuffie, Cid Highwind, Wakka, and many more.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]It's funny that IGNPS2 just now put that information on their page lol. The Sephiroth thing was first mentioned over a month ago (Just like IGNCube just announced Enclave on GC, when Nintendo.com has had it on their release list forever now). Oh well.[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, lol, I'm really surprised that the game isn't getting closer media attention, considering that Disney will most likely (last time I heard) base a cartoon off the game. Don't get me wrong, it's being covered, but not as much as the usual monster releases. It's especially been neglected in certain publications that I've been reading.....

Well I look at it this way. It's from Disney, and they are going to market it the way they market everything. Television. It's still got a month to go, but I'm willing to be Disney is going to put massive amounts of money behind the commericals for the game. Especially on their own channel.

I realize that the game is supposedly rather difficult for younger children, but I think we all know that younger kids are probably going to be the ones to buy the most copies of this game. The same type of people that watch the Disney Channel in the first place.

Anyway, the print info I've read on this game so far has always been positive... and it seems Square/EA is only improving on the US release :). I personally am looking forward to this game. I don't care if anyone knows I like Disney cartoons.

Disney is auctioning off pre-release copies of the game on Ebay... if you are willing to pay the price you'll get the game a little early hehe. They were between 100 and 50 dollars last time I looked.

• 1 month later...
If you read above you would see that he was added to the US release, and will be added to the Final Mix version that is being released in Japan soon after.

I even have a picture which I have attached.

I know there was a kid version of Sephiroth in KH in Japan, IGN has screenshots of that as well.