OtakuBoards

Kingdom Hearts

Guest Neo Bahamut

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Darkmoon [/i]
[B]Well, I don't have ps2 either. I'm getting it in a little while though (little while meaning a hundered years in my mom's language:rolleyes: ) and have decided to make this game one of the first I'm getting. [/B][/QUOTE]

yea, so am i. i plan on getting it for christmas, if i can convince my dad to get it for me........

oh, and there are plans for kingdom hearts 2. some evidence:

1: an egm interview with kingdom's creator

EGM: we hear that haley's voice was cahnging during voice recording. would you keep his voice for the SEQUEL?????
TN: if there is a sequel......

[B][size=4]Spoilers Below[/b][/size]

2: if you beat the game 100%.....

you get a clip of a group of heartless surrounding riku, and you see him calling for sora, hint hint......

[color=blue][size=1]Be sure to clearly warn others of spoilers when you post them. Indicated spoilers in bold and provide generous spacing between the tag and actual spoilers.-Crazy White Boy[/color][/size]

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by clowmet [/i]
[B]2: if you beat the game 100%.....

you get a clip of a group of heartless surrounding riku, and you see him calling for sora, hint hint...... [/B][/QUOTE]

Please put a spoiler warning up next time. I haven't played the game yet and I would like things like that to remain a surprise.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]Noone's seen Sephiroth in the game then....

I hear Cloud's one of the hardest bosses in the game? [/B][/QUOTE]

Strange seeing as he's only an.................................

[SIZE=4]SPOILER ALERT***************************************SPOILER ALERT[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]A mercenary am I right? I hear Hades wants Cloud to kill Sora to get on with his dastardly plans. Thanks CWB for the info ;) And I hear he's not really a bad guy, but as all mercenaries, money is their only friend. I sincerely hope this game's a challenge.[/SIZE]

Haven't seen Sephiroth in the game itself, but I DID see him in the commercial ("Kingdom Hearts: You'll never know who you see next."); rumor is Sephy's one of the most kick butt bosses in the English version (he's not in the Japanese version, I heard).

I'm up to the "caterpillar" boss in Ahgrahbah. Got a little too cocky, though--it finished me off just before I finished it off. V_V;
I also have my first summon, and was relieved when I saw who it was. Summons are a little strange to control, though...

Summons are nice to watch...but they're useless to me in boss battles. The next boss after is tough...but after that, Jaffar is easy.

I think Sephiroth is in the final tiers of the tournament in the Olympus stage so it'll be a while before you can actually see him...

Currently I'm in Atlantica...in the beginning...the controls for moving around the water are kinda confusing...though, so far so good.

Argh.... the more I hear about this game.. the more I wanna play it and I can't!! Two days ago I sent my PS2 in for repairs and Im gonna be PS2-less for the next 4 weeks!!!!!:bawl: And by the minute I'm being brain washed and even downloaded the theme song!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!! I've gotta keep my twisted mind intact!!!! *thinks evil thoughts*

Oh, the theme song "Simple and Clean" is soooo good! It's been stuck in my brain ever since I heard it during the open FMV. Anyone know who sings the English version?

Hey, Rico, I'm about where you are. Following Ariel to her grotto, whee. Now, if all these Heartless would just quit ganging up on me--! As far as summons, "Showtime" (you know who I mean) is the [i]best[/i]. The other two I have (dunno if it is the same for everyone) are kinda useless at this point.

I started the game on Expert, just for the hell of it... so far the game hasn't been any challege, but I'm barely anywhere into it. I've been playing just over 2 hours and finally got to another Disneyfied world.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed so far. At first, I wasn't really that amazed by the graphics... the human characters and the first area look good, but were nothing mind blowing. The Disney characters look incredibly good though. When I first saw them, they looked so clean and animated so well that I thought it was video. Took me a bit to realize it was in game. Considering I've never had that happened before, that's saying a lot. Music is good, the voices are excellent (although I can tell which Disney voices are different from their very originals which gets kind of annoying, but the actors are probably dead by now anyway). I haven't been too annoyed by the camera, although it does seem to get behind when there are several guys on screen.

So far I'm loving it. Some of the Disney parts are actually funny... and I really enjoy seeing what Disney characters are in the game (ESPECIALLY Nightmare Before Christmas, which is one of my favorite things ever haha). Only thing kind of disappointing was the Gummi Ship. I'd rather skip that mini-game altogether.

So yeah, sorry to go on and on. Hopefully I'll catch up to some of you soon lol.

The amount of backtracking in this game is reaching Resident Evil levels... This Deep Jungle area quite simply is pissing me off. You have to go back and forth between the same two areas a million times.

I don't know how hard this game is in Normal mode, but I'm playing Expert and the difficulty really picked up rather suddenly. It takes Sabor 2 hits to kill me, and the monkey heartless in this level can kill you in 3 depending. Sabor thankfully was really easy each time, and still easy the final time. The last boss in the area is rather annoying though lol.

I know what you mean about Sabor. He has that thing where he can leap at you suddenly and take a chunk of health from you while he's at it. There are other characters in future worlds that do that, too. I usually go by the rule of being at a level that is 5 times the number of stars indicated for each world.
Which means I have some leveling up to do for the Hollow Bastion. oO

And you are also right about the frustrating running back and forth; the Heartless popping up again and again at every step doesn't help much either. It took me 20 minutes to finally empty out this bridge area in Halloween Town before they finally stopped coming (you can't do certain things in certain places (like open up treasure chests)) until your Command menu is blue. And the Heartless were just close enough to keep it red.

Finished Neverland last night...and it went surprisingly fast. I think it was because I enjoyed it. Halloween Town, too. Atlantica and Agrabah were just plain annoying until the boss fights.

Yes, the amount of backtracking in the worlds is incredible--even in Wonderland. It's mainly due to the size of the worlds though, as they're relatively small.

I'm just happy that I got the Warp Gummi. It's so aggrevating going through those horrid stages just to reach a world you've previously been to.

HEHEHEHE!!!!!!!!!!!!! i've already got it!!! muwhahahahahahaha!!!! I got it on the 18th which was also my birthday and guess how far i am.. I'm clear to entering the HOLLOW BASTION!!! muwahahahahhahahahaha!!!!!!! But i still need to go on my little side quests and also beat the crap out of the opponents at the Coliseum.. But for those who actually looked past the disney touches and realized this isn't a kiddy game i congratulate you for purchasing the game if you have, if not you don't know what you are missing. and does anyone know where the heck i can get the Kingdom Hearts CD???

Wait... They give you a way to skip those flying stage??? THANK GOD. I don't know what the hell Square was thinking with those things. Apparently, the only use of them really seems to be that you can get items for synthesis... Something I can't even do yet. I stopped playing this game last night in favor of Star Fox Adventures (WAY better than I expected). I want to play KH tonight, but Clayton on Expert is pretty tough (especially that second part). Two hits and I'm dead... I think I made a bad decision with picking Expert lol.

Poor Sem, lol.

Yup, I'm in the midst of Hollow Bastion, but since I just picked up another Trinity move, I'm gonna back track (yet again, ugh) to the other worlds.

And a suggestion--if you haven't gotten to Monstro yet, [i]do everything the first time around[/i] when you do. I know there's a few things I didn't do there, but I can't get back to Monstro. What's the freaking point of having him on the map if he isn't there anymore, anyway?!? *mutters darkly*

Methinks I know how the story is gonna play out with the Seven Princesses. I'll let you know (without telling you, thus hiding any potential spoilers) if I am right. ;)

poor Semjaza, you really should have started out on normal, its not even a walk in the park though, but Sabor doesn't kill you in like two hits. And once you get a certain gummi piece you can warp to the other places. Oh AND CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THE KINGDOM HEARTS CD IS IN AMERICA YET??????!!!!!