OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy X-2

Semjaza

[color=crimson]The chances of seeing Auron are very slim, because [spoiler]at the end of FFX, you see three pyreflies flit around Tidus' still form. The three pyreflies have been proven to be Jecht, Braska and :bawl: Auron. They give their life forces to help Tidus "live" again. Which brings up the point that Tidus could be part of FFX-2.[/spoiler]

My question is, why is it all female characters? That just seems...weird. Right now, this doesn't seem much like the FFX I remember. And could Rikku's clothes get any smaller? oO We should call this Final Fantasy: Playboy Edition. :rotflmao:[/color]

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SuruBlu [/i]
[B]Does her sword kinda look like Auron's or is that just me? [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=crimson]Actually, looking at it again closely, I think that could be Auron's sword. So Ginny, at least there's a bit of Auron in it. ;)[/size][/color]

Actually, it is only POSITIVE that square has decided to do a FF-game with (almost?) all characters being female. Just look at the earlier games: three has been an absolute maximum per game of females, no matter how many other playable characters there are (think FFVI: 14 characters, three females).

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desbreko [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Actually, there are four female characters in FFVI.

Terra
Celes
Relm
[spoiler]Shadow[/spoiler]

And yes, I can prove that last one. I have a screen shot, which I took myself, so I know it isn't a fake. Take a look, if you want:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Ahh! If that's not just a typo, then the game is officially ruined for me! Ahhhh! Anyone who hasn't played FFVI--Beware! Des' spoiler will kill you!

*dies*

Somethings should be left unsaid, Des... o_o;;;

[color=indigo]Note the use of the [spoiler] tag, and how the screen shot is named "spoiler.gif." They're there for a reason. :rolleyes: - Desbreko[/color]

...But still. That's just plain shocking.

[color=crimson]Damn my insatiable curiosity! I have yet to play FF6 all the way through. (I had rom'd it, but it killed one of my old computers, and I never made it past the opera house, bwee...)
Ah well...I'll prolly forget by the time I FINALLY get it...or just remember that all the more. o_O; My memory is funky like that.[/color]

FF3 of my few cherished SNES carts. ROMs don't do SNES games justice in my opinion, as they never seem to run at 100% and the higher resolution makes them look funny... There's always the PSX ports, but I can't deal with the loading.

Anyway, I have some new FF:CC pics. I'll try to put them in this post later tonight. It appears to be an action RPG though, somewhere along the lines of Secret of Mana. Apparently you can start the game off with different characters and the choice affect the story greatly...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]Anyway, I have some new FF:CC pics. I'll try to put them in this post later tonight. It appears to be an action RPG though, somewhere along the lines of Secret of Mana. Apparently you can start the game off with different characters and the choice affect the story greatly... [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=crimson]Ah yeah, CC does look like it will be an Action RPG, as I've seen an advert for it. It looks much like the style used on FFIX (which I liked a lot), I think it's going to be an interesting game.

I also looked at the spoiler. V_V Silly me. I hope I forget it.[/size][/color]

[color=crimson]You mean the action as in, you get to slash at the wandering monsters as you walk past them? Yeah, does sound Mana-ish. That's too bad, because I never really got into the Mana games (and Dark Cloud seems to be heading in that direction -_-).

I've always enjoying the games where making choices affected gameplay. ChronoCross was a good example of this--depending on what you did, certain characters would join you and others would avoid you. FF seems to have slipped away from momentous choice making, plot changing thingies, but maybe FF:CC will help bring it back?

Ah, who knows...I won't get to play it...:bawl:[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SuruBlu [/i]
[B]Does her sword kinda look like Auron's or is that just me? [/B][/QUOTE]

THIS IS PLAINLY A RUMOUR (So don't freak out if you peek under the spoiler-grids):

Somewhere they suggested that Pain/Pine (name isn't translated fully yet) MIGHT be [spoiler]Auron's daughter.[/spoiler]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B][color=crimson]*glares at sage's rumor spoiler*
Lies, [i]lies, ALL OF IT, LIES!!!![/i]

*notices everyone staring at her weird*
Ah...um....nevermind, heh.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=crimson]Don't worry Ginny, I'm on your side. :)

I think that this Pain character person looks more like Lulu anyway. But the sword she's got looks like Auron's.. so.. *starts making theories*

Oooh this is gonna be one messed up FF game. :whoops:[/size][/color]

[size=1][color=crimson]I bought a magazine today, and was happy to see some information on FFX-2! So, I scanned all of these images in (well not all of them, that would be too many), and here they are. Warning, these characters are.. quite.. not clothed very much:

[img]http://www.sovietbreak.netfirms.com/FFX2-1.jpg[/img]
Rikku is back as the final of the Trio, looking slightly like Christina Aguilera.

[img]http://www.sovietbreak.netfirms.com/FFX2-2.jpg[/img]
Another Rikku picture. Although there is another strange character with her in this, I am asuming that this may be the "bad-guy" for this game, but I'm not entirely sure.

[img]http://www.sovietbreak.netfirms.com/FFX2-3.jpg[/img]
Rikku and Yuna. Yuna looking pretty worried about something..

[img]http://www.sovietbreak.netfirms.com/FFX2-4.jpg[/img]
Yuna walking inside some kind of building. The map in the top right reminds me slightly of a Zelda:OoT/MM map. There's also some kind of strange machine on the left of Yuna.

[img]http://www.sovietbreak.netfirms.com/FFX2-5.jpg[/img]
Some kind of battle situation, although it looks like there is no battle screen. It could be an Action RPG. Another Zelda-style map in the corner and another person standing nearby.

[img]http://www.sovietbreak.netfirms.com/FFX2-6.jpg[/img]
It's the woman who has no point of wearing clothes, showing a lot, compared to Yuna (and I thought [i]she[/i] was bad). I think that the big/fat guy next to her is her bodyguard or something, but she is definately seeming not on Yuna's side. Then again, I could be wrong.

[img]http://www.sovietbreak.netfirms.com/FFX2-7.jpg[/img]
Swordy sword not many clothes swordity no clothies sword sword (I'm sorry V_V).

[b]The Basic Story:[/b]

The events of FFX-2 are set two years after FFX occurs. They return to Spira and it is a very different place. "Machina" (previously prohibited under the religion of Yevon) has now entered everyday use. Vehicles like hovercrafts and motorcycles have replaced the once common Chocobo. All it says, is that "A new, mysterious evil is brewing on the horizon."

[b]Changes:[/b]

Well, firstly, Overdrive, Overkill and the Sphere Grid have all been dropped completely. In their place, Square promises a "much more realistic" interface.

Yuna now has a number of abilities that she can only perform in the field. These include running, jumping and climbing, FFX-2 is turning out to be a sort of Action/Adventure (which would annoy a lot of people). There have been some theories as to why Yuna has such skimpy clothes.. well, you can't really see the old Yuna climbing huge rock faces and jumping across big gaps in that big ol' dress can you?

There have also been some rumours that [spoiler]an offspring of Tidus and Yuna[/spoiler] could be in the game too. [spoiler]Lulu[/spoiler] will definately be making an appearance too.
[/size][/color]

[color=#507AAC]This looks very cool indeed. I read that the battle system won't be real time, but that it will be more "active" than the FFX system.

The loss of the Sphere Grid is disappointing, but if the battle system is significantly different...it may not really matter. Hopefully the battle system is great -- it can really make or break a game like this.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#507AAC]The loss of the Sphere Grid is disappointing, but if the battle system is significantly different...it may not really matter. Hopefully the battle system is great -- it can really make or break a game like this.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=crimson]I have yet to sample the greatness of the Sphere Grid that everyone has been talking about, I haven't got FFX yet. But, yeah, a more "active" battle-system would be very cool. I wouldn't mind one like FFVII's, I really love that, but I'm sure it will be somewhat similar to FFX's because it is its sequel.[/size][/color]

[img]http://www.fffin.com/img/ff10-2/oheistaide/ff10-2-010.jpg[/img]

Well, here's the not-so-familiar-with-clothes-woman and his two side-kicks, I assume.

If anybody can figure out the Japanese letters, we'll have their names. I tried and couldn't make anything rational out of them, so somebody else try, please!

Okay, I don't have much info on it yet, but with the recent merge of Enix and Square, they have been in the process of creating a new Final Fantasy game. I wish my scanner worked, because they have Screenshots in the January issue of Nintendo Power on page 27 (for anyone that gets NP). I will have more info hopefully soon. Until then, what are your thoughts on a new Final Fantasy?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B][url]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15322[/url]

Few threads down buddy :). The game was in the works far before any mergers. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=crimson]*nods* I'll just merge this with the other thread.. next time look to see if there is a thread already like you're about to post. :)[/size][/color]

Guest Camilla
I believe FFX-2 is coming out in March this year in Australia, but I'm not so sure. Does anyone know? People are saying March, September, and some are saying it's out now. They're confusing me, and it's getting annoying. I know for a fact that the demo is out (I've tried it) but other than that, I don't know.

[COLOR=royalblue]The release date of X-2 is March 13th, in Japan only....

We don't have any other info as of yet... [/COLOR]