OtakuBoards

Otaku Big Brother II - Phase One; Entries

Flash

Well it's the annual event that members the board over have been eagerly awaiting. Yup, you guessed it (Hopefully you ignored the title of the thread, and didn't just read it, 'cause that'd be cheating), it's Otaku Big Brother II, the best Big Brother-type competition on Otakuboards.

Last year, the only way to get in was to be one of the first 10 nominated. But after a careful few seconds of intense concentration, I realised that wasn't the best way to do it. So this time around, I'll be doing things a bit differently.

This year, [i]anyone[/i] can enter the OBBII competition. In total, there'll be [b]12[/b] housemates. There's just a few entry conditions;

1.) If you were in it last time, you [u]can[/u] enter, but your chances of getting in may not be as high.

2.) You gotta know what the Big Brother Competition is, and it would help if you had a smidge of RPing knowledge.

3.) I want Dedication. I don't want to see anyone wussing out halfway through it.

Cleared that up? Good. Now, here's how to enter (and I know you're all [i]dying[/i] to); Simply [b]PM me[/b] with a brief summary of why you're the right person to be in this years OBBII competition. Make it serious, make it funny, whatever you think reflects your personality. No corespondance will be entered into (Unless it's Uber-good corespondance, then it'll be taken as a bribe).

Remember, my Inbox can't hold all that many PMs. First come, first served! ^_^

Good luck, entrants. I know you're out there!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's [i]very[/i] similar to the Actual TV show, gojay. In fact, the only real differences are that we don't have a massive audience (but we have a small one), you don't win $500,000 or however much it is, and we're doing it online like an RPG, not in an actual house. :)

Well, I was in it last year, but I think I'll give it a go. Just toss off a few bribes here, and a very good PM here. Or something like that...

Anyway, I've got a few questions. Flashy, in what way will you be trying to make sure this event doesn't turn into a bit of a spam fest, like it did last time?

...Okay, that was one question, so sue me. ...No, don't [I]really[/I] sue me. Just in your mind.

[color=royalblue]I REALLY love the idea of restricting housemates to the Event Arena forum ONLY.

That way, they can't access what's "outside the house". And it makes things more interesting for visitors to watch as well.

What does everyone else think of that idea? [/color]

:twitch: But...for Mods...that would be a breach of contract. :twitch: And we'd...have to kill...Feh. So that's out the winder. We gotta check our forums. In any case...*slips Feh a twenty and a can of Trieze-repelent* *cough*

True. But I already sent in my bribes and death-threats. Darnit.

But honestly, I really don't like that idea. What if someone wants to post their opinion on one of our debate-type topics, and can't? What if that post is very thought-stimulating? What happens then? That person is screwed, that's what.

[color=royalblue]Um...so?

Otaku Big Brother is temporary. Half the fun of Big Brother is that people are kind of locked away in one area for others to watch. I think it makes sense.

I mean, if the people who apply agree to that (and understand the temporary nature of the event), then what's the problem? If they agree, it's their choice.

Plus, people will be voted off over time. So obviously, they won't be in there forever...they'll be exiting at regular intervals.[/color]