OtakuBoards

8-Mile

MarkM

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]To put it simply, I think everyone loves him because he doesn't want everyone to love him. That may sound wierd, but he sings his songs not for everyone to really go crazy over, but because he can. I remember having talks with friends about him, and it seems that he never wanted to be nominated for any of the awards he has recieved, but some of his songs are just THAT good that you can't ignore.

Especially in todays world, it seems that the more vulgar you are, the more people love you for it. O.o It's wierd, but I am not pretending to understand it =P

As for him being nominated, I don't know. I have still seen too little of previews to say anything about that, but it wouldn't surprise me. A lot of the movies out right now are all action/comedy types, and I don't think those really ever win anything for best actor awards. This movie looks to be a really good drama with great supporting cast. Eminem's following is strong enough that just the 'teen' crowd would be enough to ensure a box office success. I would actually like to see Adam Sandler win with "Punch Drunk Love". . . but you didn't hear that from me ^_^[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Very well put. But everyone knows taht he loves the attention.....and yes i bet he will win an oscar. And go up therre in his Fubu and be like " I didn't think i was gunna win....." beleve me ....its happened beofre. LOL

Well, I'm not a huge Eminem fan, but with the incredibly cold comments coming from this thread, I feel compelled to reply.

The trailer was incredible. I loved how the song "Lose Yourself" integrates perfectly into the events playing out. Everything just looks so [I]real[/I] and emotional. The part where his daughter watches helplessly as he gets throttled is particularly memorable.

Despite negative feedback in this thread, I feel that the movie will do quite well. Eminem is like Elvis; he performs with black music and he's good at it. I have no doubt that this film will embellish Eminem's story somewhat (although it appears to be only loosely based on him). Nonetheless, it should be very gritty and powerful. That is, if he performs exceptionally well in his first major acting role.

I have mixed opinions about this movie. Eminem is another rapper-gone-actor and those movies have a [i]long[/i] history of being bad. The plot looks interesting, but I have no idea what kind of acting skills he has. Along ith the risk of bad acting, the movie's serious message and plot could be over-shadowed by bad dialogue (which also have a long history of being in rappers' movies).
On the other hand, this movie may just shock the world. Eminem tends to play maybe 2 or 3 characters in his own songs, so he might just be a good actor. Who knows. Plus there's a whole lot of other people in the cast who could make this movie better (or potentially worse).

This is just like any other movie, only I'm worried about the whole "rapper-turned-actor" thing.

Oh, and one other thing...
I am a fan of Eminem's music, although I do not agree with everything he says. On the other hand, he says "just kidding" and says he's joking in a lot of his songs, which [i]a lot[/i] of people tend to ignore. He crosses the line a lot when it comes to talking about homosexual people, that there's no arguing about.
However, [i]somebody[/i] commented about Eminem's "racial slurs" despite the fact that he doesn't make racial slurs. Oh, and let's all completely ignore the hundreds of platinum-selling rappers before him who had hateful lyrics. They're not white rappers, so they don't get any attention from the media whatsoever.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]Well, I'm not a huge Eminem fan, but with the incredibly cold comments coming from this thread, I feel compelled to reply.

The trailer was incredible. I loved how the song "Lose Yourself" integrates perfectly into the events playing out. Everything just looks so [I]real[/I] and emotional. The part where his daughter watches helplessly as he gets throttled is particularly memorable.

major acting role. [/B][/QUOTE]
That iz all true cwb i felt the same way about the trailer when i saw the trailer i just got a feeling like i have got to see that movie!!And i think eminem well win a award and alot of you people on here are just scared to admit that he is talented i listen to eminem not because he cusses or talks about gays but because he made something out of himself even though he's life was sh*t and i respect that a whole lot and that gives alot of people out there hope in life.And he's lyrics is not just kill gays and sh*t like that he's just like alot of people out there and thats why people admire him so much.:D