OtakuBoards

Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion

James

[color=indigo]I've gotten the second best ending in Super Metroid, where she takes off her helmet... But that's not hard, since you only have to beat it in under 10 hours... My brother is the one that goes for the best endings. I don't think I'll ever be able to get the best ending in a Metroid game where it's based off of time.[/color]

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=royalblue]I've gotton 5 different endings, and after lookin' a few things up i've listed them.[/color]

[COLOR=red](no pictures but Contains SPOILERS)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]Under 2 hours, 100% is the best ending, it shows a full picture of samus,no suit, wearing a blue bikini thing, and another pic in the backround, her face.

then Over 2 hours, 100%, shows a pic of samus from the waste up.

followed by Under 2 hours, 0%-99% a side picture of her, a little higher than her waist.

2 hours to 4 hours, 0%-99% her, in the suit, no helmet but you can see the side of her head, shes waving.

Over 4 hours, 0%-99%, a pic of her in her suit, it looks like shes flexing her muscle.

Thats all i've gotton for metroid fusion, i'm still seeing if theres more.

[/COLOR][COLOR=red](End of Spoilers)[/color]

[color=royalblue]I'm still playing through Metroid prime, but i do know that the time doesn't matter, it's all about the percentage of the items you get. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]My brother just beat the game, i'm not sure what percent he had, but he got a little video of samus with no helmet on. Pretty nifty. The ending pictures of Metroid Fusion were better though. [/COLOR]

I got that same ending in Prime too. I'm almost up to getting 100% and all I need is ONE missing missle expansion... BUT I HAVE NO FREAKING IDEA WHERE IT IS!!!!! So in order to find it, I now finally have to resort to a faq.... *cries because honor is ruined* Hopefully someone has made a check list for the stuff and I have to go through all of them.... lets see, thats like another 2 hours added to my clock... >_<

There was only one missile expansion I've found soe far that I don't think I would have noticed... It was in the Phazon Mines beneath the floor, you can only see it with a thermal visor... Which you really do not need to use in the room at all otherwise lol. I haven't gotten to play in a few days. I have a couple more artifacts to find.

Unfortunately yes. It takes a while to kill the guy for a few reasons but its very easy once you know its pattern (a little harder when you don't). You might get killed once if you have trouble thinking on your feet but once you figure it out its over. Heck 14 energy tanks is way too much energy for this guy. If it wasn't for the stuff that happens before him you could beat him with only 3 tanks. :-/

Anyway... I'm looking into fuzion to see if its worth buying but it seems its too short for me. 2 hours? If thats the total, I rather get the Rom for it.

I neeed a new banner... :)

[color=indigo]Two hours does sound a little short, but you have to remember, that's about the [i]minimum[/i] amount of time that it can be beaten in. Heck, if you were really good, you could beat Super Metroid in about two hours, yet if you didn't rush (and you didn't know where all the stuff is already), it could last ten or more hours.

Remember, Metroid Prime is quite a bit longer than any other Metroid game. And, if you look at it that way, Metroid Prime should be considered really long for a Metroid game, and that Fusion is about right.

Oh, and if you want a new banner, I could just start randomly changing the image you're using in your sig and just keep the name of the file the same. :D[/color]

I have both Metroid Prime and Fusion, and let me tell you: They are REALLY, REALLY good games. Metroid Prime, is definately the best GCN game. It's graphics are superb, sound's incredible, AI is tight,and I could go on and on. What really sets this game apart from the others is the 3D factor. If you thought Super Metroid was fun, after playing this, Super Metroid will seem like a joke. Yes, it's THAT good. When I first started playing the game, it felt like a 3D version of Super Metroid, and even after I beat the last boss, it still felt that way,which is good. Metroid Fusion is basically Super Metroid with better graphics, sounds, and storyline. This is actually the only sequal to Super Metroid( Prime is a prequal), and it truly lives up to it's name. The stroy is gripping, and gives an insight to Samus' personality, something which Nintendo really never did before. It isn't all good, though. First, the game is short. It should only take 5-7 hours to beat. It's kind of sad, seeing as how long Super Metroid took. Also, Metroid Fusion's navigation rooms tell you where to go and (mostly) what to do. In Super Metroid, it was all exploring yourself, which was most of the fun. If it weren't for those two gripes, Fusion would be perfect. In short, buy both these games. Then thank me by sending cash

• 5 weeks later...
metriod fusion is a very cool game it has very different plot line from other metriod games. I beat it in 3:27 the first time but then it took me about 2:16 to beat it the second time but I didn't get all the items both times but I like the plot twists in the game. [spoiler]like the X parasites through the game try to kill you but at the end of the game the SA-X saves you from the final boss (just like in super metriod for the SNES).[/spoiler] Although I would have liked to have had the R botton switch between your regular gun and missles like in Super Metriod with the select button instead of having to hold down the R button to fire missles. but anyway on a scale of one to ten I would rate it a 9 for grafics, 10 for originality, but an 8 for the length of the game it could have been a little longer in my personal opinion.

[size=1][COLOR=orangered]I added the spoiler tags. Not everyone has gotten or beaten this game yet, so watch out (myself included, just got it). Next time try to use the [spoiler ][/spoiler ] tag (without the space), or warn others. - Semjaza Azazel[/COLOR][/size]

um, you know, some people havn't beat the game yet. You should really have put SPOILERS AHEAD!Of course, I'm not a moderator, so I'll probably get yelled at for telling you that....but yeah, I do like Metroid Fusion a lot. It focuses on the storyline more than the other ones. The graphics are pretty good too. If it wern't for Metroid Prime, Fusion would be my favorite Metroid game

[color=indigo]I haven't played through a whole lot of it yet, but so far it's been pretty good. I do like how there's more story to it, but that also made it a bit more linear than the other Metroid games.

One thing I don't like, though, is the SA-X. I don't like having to worry about it popping up at any time, and having to run like hell. I like being the hunter, not the hunted, heh.[/color]

[color=indigo]Um...I think I understood that, but could you try and make your posts a little more readable? Punctuation is your friend, heh.

But no, I haven't gotten to that part yet. The next thing I have to do is beat Serris to get the Speed Booster. I suppose I should start playing it more.

Another thing I don't like is not being able to change the control setup, like you could in Super Metroid. I just can't get used to aiming diagonally up with the L Button, instead of using the R Button for it. I keep firing Missiles when I want to aim up, since I always used R to aim up in Super Metroid. >_<[/color]

I'm in the middle of it right now, where the computer lets you go up to the level that you started out at, and you have to...do something. o_O

I suppose I'm in it about 3:17 or so, but I don't care. This first time around I'm looking to have fun and try and collect everything. In the future I may try and do it in under 2 hours. I absolutely love this game, from the controls and graphics, to the gameplay and storyline. Of course, this is my first metroid game, and I could just not be accustomed to better qualities.

Ohh, this is just one of my favorite games, and I can't wait until I beat it...or a future metroid game comes out for GBA. o.o'

I just beat the giant spider boss thing, but after that, the SA-X chases you. I think that might be what LoneStar was trying to say, but I might be wrong. I just can't do it. I've tried it at least a dozen tims, but it always catches me. I havn't played in over a month just because of that.

Guest punkdot
I thought the ending part was the hardest were you [spoiler]Had the final battle with SA-X, then beat him, and destory his mutant form, then try to grab the Ice Beam power but it flies away then when you go to your ship the Omega Metroid appears and you die in the first few swipes then the SA-X comes alive and tries to beat the Omega Metriod itself but LOSES! Then you get its power and kick its a*s...[/spoiler] Although I only finished the game with 41% completion ranking.... Some of the bosses were hard and I don't think I would have been able beat it without the guide that I got with it... Haha

:rolleyes: (i don't know the blackout code thingy, pls tell me what it is!):wigout:

[color=indigo]To black out text like that, use the [spoiler] tag. - Desbreko[/color]

That game is way too easy! I beat it, first go in 2:53 with 68% of the items. :) But then again, I just rock at metroid. :D

I've now played it through four times and my best score is a time of 1:18 with 50%. (':p')
Not the ultimate ending, but there is room for improvement.

Sniglefager; if you want help with that part, PM me and I will tell you how. Its very easy once you know how :)
Anyone else with probs in Metroid Fusion drop me a line, just make your problem very detailed so I know what you are talking about exactly. :D

• 5 weeks later...
:angel: hey, yes I know my last reply was messed up, I wasn't feeling all that good at the time so I wan't thinking straight. but yes, I was refering to when [spoiler]the SA-X is chasing you right after you turn on the emergency power. also a hint to beating the final SA-X encounter: when it mutates use the screw attack, he can't harm you when your doing that it also works on the SA-X's first form.[/spoiler] but anyway sorry for being so incorhearent in my last post.
later:devil: