OtakuBoards

...the best music is the music no one seems to care fore in the public eye...

Phantom

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina [/i]
[B]They're Bound to be more in the public eye than what I usually listen to: Anyone who can tell me who [i]any one[/i] of these guys are (without just using the names I give) wins a cookie

Tim Hughes
Matt Redman
Gareth Robinson
Heat
Delirious? (the '?' is part of the name)
Martyn Layzell
Phatfish
Steve
Brenton Brown
Vicky Beeching [/B][/QUOTE]

I know Delirous?. I don't listen to them that much but I like their song "Bliss"

[size=1] I cannot stand any of the music you listed except for MxPx...[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Break [/i]
[B][size=1][color=crimson]My mom likes Enya, I think she's not too bad, not really my kinda music but it's sort of relaxing.

And Pink Floyd is very popular, I myself think they are okay.

PS. You forgot to mention Rammstein, people just think they are some German idiots. I don't I think they're music is really good. :([/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1] Break, I like Rammstein, they are good! But I haven't heard much of their stuff so I wouldn't know.... :([/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Endymion [/i]
[B]Well I'm part of the public eye and I've never heard of them. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1] Well, not everyone knows it, but its almost a mainstream band... Like NOFX [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Break [/i]
[B][size=1][color=crimson]Heh, me neither. What genre are they, I probably won't like them but there you go.[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1] MxPx is punk rawk... o_O If you listen to punk, how could you not know that?![/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rancid [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue]Mxpx....not in the public eye? Learn something about musicthen get back to me.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1] Well Rancid, not everyone listens to punk rawk. Most people don't know any of the bands, for pete sake, they think Blink182 is punk... O_O Scary Public[/size]

[size=1] Well, Red Hot Chili Peppers... o_O They were good when I first started to listen to music... Now they are too slow for me, if I need to calm down, I listen to like Heavy Metal...O_o; It gets all of my anger out, instead of me screaming, they do it for me =D

I hate Techno, but againist my will, my father has started to like it. It sickens me, everytime he drives me somewhere he plays like Trance and Techno... :(

[/size][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Break [/i]
[B][COLOR=crimson]Same here kinda, mostly I play punk and stuff, but the Red Hot Chilli Peppers calm me.. I also like Rammstein (you got me into it, Jeh), Slipknot and Korn, heavy stuff like that a lot of the time.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]KoRn isn't heavy, they are HARD ROCK... Slipknot is metal, I'll give you credit for that.

*sighs* I don't know, so many people have so many different musical tastes, I wouldn't even bother to try and introduce new music because there are quite a few bands for each genre of music.... Some have more then they need....[/size]

I like Bob Seger, Tom Petty, Van Morrison, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimi Hendrix, Sting (when he was with The Police), Talking Heads, and a whole lot of others. I liked hip-hop from the 70's and 80's. Not heavy in rap or country. This rock-a-billy gets on my nerves.

There's older stuff like Sinatra, Dean Martin, Glenn Miller, and Nat King Cole. Yeah, yeah. He's how old? I mean it has to be something you like to listen to a great length. It's all a matter of personal taste. Enjoy.

• 2 years later...
Slipknot is not metal, they're Nu-Metal (which isn't truly metal, just to let you know). And here's my "not awesome in the public eye but totally awesome to the people who care" contribution:

[B]Children of Bodom[/B]

Because they're awesome. That's some true, melodic, solo-filled, super-fast, good ol' METAL! \m/