Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Probably.
-He only uses one of every card
-His deck is really large
-It has no theme
-Its pretty slow
-It lacks staples
-He has weak openers (Playing Celtic Guardian in attack mode?)

I'm sure several people could as well.
Since TV show decks, in real life, are pretty bad.
Posted
Dude, even *I* could beat Yugi (and Joey and Kaiba and Pegasus and Mai and Bandit Kieth and Weevil...). And, if the EDS video game is to be taken as an example, I've beaten him dozens of times...
Posted
Actually, the metagame in the show is not even the same. Actually, Celtic Guardian is merely a 1800 equivalent in "real" life.

However, the core itself of the anime is the simple fact that Yugii CAN'T BE BEATEN, thus the question is a bit ridiculous. He got used quickly to Duelist Kingdom's rules and he is as of yet undefeated in the Japanese very advanced battle city.
Posted
[SIZE=1] [COLOR=teal]I could even beat Yugi. Fissures, Trap Holes, De-spells, and De-Traps devistate his deck. Not to mention his deck doesn't do Tributes well. I mean, Lajin and two other cards face down, he puts a monster in defense. Kill it and play Neo. He plays anotehr in D. I Sacrifice to bring something like two Tri Hornedor crap out and blast it. He plays another in Defense and one card face down. I play another lajin and kill his D and attack his LP with tri horned and he uses trap. I'll use reverse trap.

Yes yes, it seems hard to get a hand like that. But thoughs are his stratigies when he can't play any of his cards with 5 stars or higher when he needs tributes.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
Who said cards like Trap Hole and Fissure even EXISTED in the show?

For god's sake! Think about it: The card pools [i]aren't[/i] the same. In Duelist Kingdom, a card like Raigeki would have been awfully powerfull! Remember how Weevil almost lost just because all his monster were destroyed by Yugi's Mirror Force?

It's like saying a Japanese deck could beat and English beatdown any day with cards like Gemini Elf, of Devil Franken!
Posted
I'm the top duelist in my school so I bet I could beat Yugi pretty easily. Unless he gets some new cards... But then again, imagine if Yugi had all three Egyptian God cards and Exodia.
Posted
Well playing by tournament rules means with our metagame.
He can play Celtic Guardian, as if that is a wise move to play, but with our cards, our strategy is better.

Every duelist has different card pulls. My friend just sues the occasional worthess, common, tribute monsters.
It varies between duelists.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...