spike speigel Posted January 5, 2003 Posted January 5, 2003 Who here saw Char's Counterattack? I just saw it last night(On Adult Swim), and I thought it was great. I was never really much of a fan of mobile suit Gundam, but this movie is one of the best anime movies I've ever seen. The war scenes were the best I've seen in a gundam series/movie. What did you guys think of it?
ZeroBlade Posted January 5, 2003 Posted January 5, 2003 I liked it alot. Its just that I didn't like how they didn't keep everything from Japanese version. But they were minor set backs like calling V Gundam "New" Gundam. It was also confusing at times. Especially the ending.... [spoiler]I don't know if Char/Amaro died. I hope they did... [/spoiler] It was also my first time seeing the UC newtypes in action. These guys are awesome pilots and can be a regular pilot's worse nightmare. I see why now Gundam fanatics would bite your leg off if you say the AC universe is better. (But my allegiance is always with the AC Gundams ;) ) Kinda hard to follow the story too if you hadn't watched the shows before it might I add. Still though, its certainly one of the best I've seen.
Tigervx Posted January 5, 2003 Posted January 5, 2003 [SIZE=1][COLOR=teal] I saw it, and it was great. I really enjoyed it and want the DVD now. It was pretty cool, and better explosion effects then any of the other movies or series. The deployment of mobile suits also seems more complicated now. With the sleds and decoys, the funnels were so cool! [/color][/size]
Arkadyz Posted January 6, 2003 Posted January 6, 2003 Yeah i saw CCA soon after it was released cause i bought it on DVD. Its a very admirable ending to the whole char amuro conflict. While for someone who hasnt seen all the series leading up to CCA (esp the original MSG) might get alittle lost its still a decent stand alone movie. Nu gundam and Sazabi have to be one of the coolest MS ive ever seen. Im not as crazy about Alpha Az i think Gato's MA in 0083 is cooler looking if you ask me :D
spike speigel Posted January 7, 2003 Author Posted January 7, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ZeroG214 [/i] [B] But they were minor set backs like calling V Gundam "New" Gundam. [/B][/QUOTE] They were actually referring to it as the Nu Gundam, not the New Gundam.
TheDarkOtaku Posted January 7, 2003 Posted January 7, 2003 I forced myself to stay up so late to actually watch half of it and I can sincerely say it was great of what I've seen. It had a very different feel to me though than the Gundam series itself. I would like to see the whole thing through soon. Can't wait till my birthday! :D I'll be receiving it then.
Magnum Apex Posted January 7, 2003 Posted January 7, 2003 [font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]I've been told several times that it's the best Gundam movie ever made. At MAHQ, the careless editor spoiled the ending for me. He spoiled it in the review of ANOTHER Gundam show, how about that? Anyway... I had the movie on while talking to someone on AIM. What little I watched was great. I like how Amaro had this intense hatred for Char. I'll watch the movie carefully after fully watching the television series.[/color][/font]
G.D. Ryoko Posted January 17, 2003 Posted January 17, 2003 I found the movie to be very good.At first I thought I was not going to like it but I was wrong. However I found the ending kinda sad.
spike speigel Posted February 8, 2003 Author Posted February 8, 2003 Yeah, I agree,the ending was kinda sad. I know have another question, though. DOes anyone know what kinda of store or chain of stores would sell Char's Counter Attack. I can never seem to find it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now