Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I got a quetion ( a newb questiob )

When an english verion DVD for Dragon Ball Z - Say the new movie #7 super andriod 13. I can either buy it edited or uncut. Is Uncut better or is edited... is one of the two JAPANEASE? please fill me in. Thanks.:therock:
Posted
Uncut simply means that it is uncut, meaning none of the footage (FUi would have you believe) is lost. So it really depends on your tase. Either you want a movie with tons of violence and kick *** action sequences, or you want this toned down a little.

If you want the Japanese versions, theyre called subs, and usually appear on the FUNi DVD's. They are Japanese with english SUBtitles.

Or you can get fansubs off the net, where you can find those, I can't tell you ;)
Posted
I think you should try and get the subbed just because it will give you the original stuff.

But the truth is that this is the perfect thread to start the long debated arguement "subbed vs dubbed."

That arguement is getting really old and most mods. woulnt allow it to be discussed due to the redundance of the topic.

So if this thread turns into that sort of arguement... I will for warn you... it woulnt be accepted and will be reason for this threads closure.

good luck with the choice.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SS4Gogeta_ICE[/i]
[B]When an english verion DVD for Dragon Ball Z - Say the new movie #7 super andriod 13. I can either buy it edited or uncut. Is Uncut better or is edited... is one of the two JAPANEASE? please fill me in. Thanks.:therock:[/B][/QUOTE][size=1]If it is a DVD, I do believe it should come with both the Americanized version, and the original Japanese version. In which case, you can watch both, and just put the subtitles on when you watch the original version. This is how all the DragonBall DVD movies I have work anyway... I always watch the original with the subtitles.

However, if it does not work like this, I reccomend trying to get as close to the original as possible. If it is only the Americanized versions, choose uncut over edited.[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SS4Gogeta_ICE[/i]
[B]Ive already seen the version with subtitles. What im wanting to know is does the Uncut version speak english?[/B][/QUOTE][size=1]Yes, I do believe so. I have some DragonBall Z movies on VHS that are uncut, and they are in English. If they were to put DragonBall Z on Adult Swim, it is probably what they would show. If that makes sense. :)[/size]
Posted
I reckon the subbed versions would be better because if you get the Japansese, English Subtitles then you will be able to hear the much better actor voices and the original music, even if you can't understand it.

But Note, a lot of the subbed versions arnt suitable for a younger viewers and Evil advises that it is only designed for people 15 years and old :) Don't wanna get sued now :nervous:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SS4Gogeta_ICE [/i]
[B] does the Uncut version speak english? [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes they do. Just like the show. Uncut is definately better also.
Posted
I would only get the uncut dvd version and watch it in japaness with english subtitals on. I did this with my friends Metal Coolar movie and the japaness was a lot better. You get to hear Vegeta say "D@mn DirtY B@asterd. Big Bang Attack." When in the english uncut he just yells.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Neo_Sephiroth [/i]
[B]I would only get the uncut dvd version and watch it in japaness with english subtitals on. I did this with my friends Metal Coolar movie and the japaness was a lot better. You get to hear Vegeta say "D@mn DirtY B@asterd. Big Bang Attack." When in the english uncut he just yells. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah I noticed that Vegeta never says Big Bang Attack in the dubbed

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...