Manic Webb Posted March 29, 2003 Posted March 29, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by cloricus [/i] [B]Lol. I'd say it's been taken out of context. I don't think it is any thing magical. If for example it you get hit by a car and don't die, that was luck. Kind of like hope, but hope seems to be a more present emotion. Not really sure. I do know I don't believe in any of the attachments to it, like "aren?t you luck" implying that some one is lucky taking the word out of its context. I'm not to sure though... I haven't really thought about it, I've just always used the reasoning from that red dwarf episode about them finding the luck virus. Though I guess now that some one has questioned that I'll have a think about it and form a less comical opinion. Or maybe I'll just go watch that episode of red dwarf again. Eps - That monkey was green... o_0... [/B][/QUOTE] I agree, especially with the part about Red Dwarf. Did you ever see the episode of RD8 where Rimmer used all of the diseases at once? Anyway, I think luck is just a name for something almost unpredictably good or bad that happens.
Cornucopia Posted April 1, 2003 Posted April 1, 2003 I think 'luck' is just a heightened awareness of coincidence, a state of mind. If you think you're unlucky/lucky, you probably focus more on the bad/good things that happen.
Sky Moonflow Posted April 6, 2003 Author Posted April 6, 2003 UMMM. we can stop talking about this now I GET THE POINT LUCK IS NOT REAL!!!!!~walks away~
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now