Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Which version of Yu-Gi-Oh do you guys watch?


Recommended Posts

Guest Juunanagou
Posted
The [B]very[/B] edited American version, or the more graphic Japanese version, or the even more graphic Manga?

I enjoy all 3, but I enjoy the Japanese version of the Anime more so.
Posted
I've only seen the American version, but I've been very tempted to get the entire Japanese DVD set, if nothing else than to see the rest of the Battle City/Battle Blimp arc now. I'm impatient when it comes to that, especially as we're behind in the UK anyway.

The manga sounds interesting, but again being in the UK there's hardly any access to things like that. I doubt anyone here's heard of Shounen Jump.
Guest Juunanagou
Posted
The UK doesn't get Shonen Jump? I thought it did. If it doesn't then thats messed up.
Posted
Well, I've not seen it around if it is available. Anyone's welcome to prove me wrong ^_^;

As good as the US dub is- I must admit, I do tend to prefer hearing things in English -it could be a little 'darker'. I think it's very good as it is, but you can tell some bits are glossed over a little. And editing out the guns really did annoy me. But it's a small price to pay for at least getting something here. And it's still thoroughly enjoyable, in whatever form it is.
Posted
The American one. Nothing else comes on.
Wine to fruit juice...they're messed up!

I too, haven't seen Shonen Jump anywhere. Or maybe I did and don't know. :bluesweat:
Posted
What's the difference between those 3? I watch it on RTLII, that's a German channel, and they dub it...So, I don't know what they send. But I don't think the American one...Because on the other anime they send, they mostly don't edit the Japanese soundtracks away and stuff.
Posted
I watch all 3 versions as well. Broaden my horizons, I guess. Thought I try to stick to the Japanese whenever possible. You have no idea how much they dubbed...... ::swears::
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
I mainly watch the Japanese version of Yugioh I'm up to season 6, the season right after Battle Tower. So far it's pretty good, but the japanese version at least for me is the only way to go.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...