Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Cradle Of Filth


Recommended Posts

Guest Fiasco
Posted
I bet most black/death metal listeners have heard of this incredible band. I hope people here like them. I like their new CD a lot. [i]Damnation and A Day,[/i]a good song from them is Serpent Tongue or Presents From The Poison-Hearted. They are going to be at OZZFEST this year, first time ever that CoF is in the USA and what better way then to be at Ozzfest?
Posted
I have to say I've never seen the appeal, really. A friend of mine is a massive fan, and I do like some of the operatic keyboard effects they use, but once the vocals and monotonous riffage kicks in, they throw it all away, in my eyes. (or possibly in my ears) But then, that's my opinion on most extreme bands, (except possibly Otep), that they seem afraid to be at all original or inventive.

I think they are playing Ozzfest again, I know they did last year. I'm not sure whether they'll be on the American leg though, I only really pay attention to Ozzfest UK info.
  • 4 months later...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Wintermute [/i]
[B]I have to say I've never seen the appeal, really. A friend of mine is a massive fan, and I do like some of the operatic keyboard effects they use, but once the vocals and monotonous riffage kicks in, they throw it all away, in my eyes. (or possibly in my ears) But then, that's my opinion on most extreme bands, (except possibly Otep), that they seem afraid to be at all original or inventive.
[/B][/QUOTE]

not original...hmm... well if u look at the lyrics and actually pay attention to the words... and do u liten to death metal alot there are plenty of bands that are original and inventive u just have to look.

anyway i love cradle of filth they are one of the best metal bands out there. and in concert:excited:
Posted
[color=crimson]Damnation and a Day is a really great album, the track that are just all classical are well performed- and I like them more than a few of the metal tracks.

CoF is not my favorite- but it remains pretty near to that.[/color]
Guest Fiasco
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by noodleboy [/i]
[B]not original...hmm... well if u look at the lyrics and actually pay attention to the words... and do u liten to death metal alot there are plenty of bands that are original and inventive u just have to look.

anyway i love cradle of filth they are one of the best metal bands out there. and in concert:excited: [/B][/QUOTE]

Just to tell you...You unearthed like a 4 month old post, this is was even before I changed my name. >.< Jeesh...

Now my music changed, CoF is ok, I mean vocally, its incredible, I love the change up. Does Dani do both the low and high singing? Or does another bandmate do that?
Posted
a gothic romance, hallow be thy name, from the cradle to enslave, her ghost in the fog, sleepless, suicide and other comforts, the black goddes rises II, and the forest whispers my name....just to name a few

anyway hahaha...so it is!!!i believe dani does both... though i'm not sure

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...