Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
has anybody seen this series...? I have both dvds which is 6 episodes each. So there is only 2 dvds, but the series is pretty damn good, considering how old it is. The plot line was pretty good, I took a chance when I bought because I never heard of it or even knew what it was for that matter, I'm glad I did it was defiently a series worth the watch. Has anybody else seen this series and if so what did they think of it?
Posted
No, but I did see the live action movies.... Avoid them at all cost. They sucked worse than what the Street Fighter movie did. If the anime is anything like the movie.. I think i'll avoid that series.
Posted
I have the series on video, the first full series I saw, nostalgia *sniff*
Unfortunately it wasnt very popular in Japan, so they only ever made 12 episodes. Intrigued as to the rest of the story I started to collect the manga but after the 8th (I think) volume, the translations stopped saying, and I quote;

"With this volume Bio Booster Armor Guyver goes on hiatus idefinately"
ie. Its not popular enough, we're not making any money, so we're stopping this series.

I had the misfortune to see the second of the Guyver live action films Dark Hero, and yes, it is VERY wise to avoid. Did you know know there was also a guyver anime film? Its gone out of print and I doubt it was ever dubbed but I foud some clips and it doesnt look all that bad.
Posted
I saw the film dubbed by some group on the internet, its wasn't bad and the series isnt much like the live action movie. Its to bad it wasn't more popular. I havent seen the live action movies since I was 5 though. I just remembered there was one.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...