Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
According to [url]http://ps2.ign.com/objects/552/552483.html?ui=gamefinder[/url]

[QUOTE]December 2, 2003[/QUOTE]

I have been rather impressed with the cel-shading technique applied to this game. Not having played the first one, I am sort of eagerly awaiting getting my hands on this one, then going back and purchasing DBZB1.

All considered, I would love to see a DBGT: FB remake, but that is for a different thread. ;)
Posted
Well they say that DragonballZ: budokai 2 will have all-new fusions like Vegito and Gotenks but it will have som made up ones as well. the story mode is gone now and theye added and Dragon Quest or Dragon mode something like that. but it comes out December 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
:D Where I am, (England) it's out right now... and it ROCKS!!! ^_^ It does have a kinda story mode, called Dragon World, and the graphics are pretty cool.

Just one problem really... I really wanna know if Future Trunks is in the game, and if he is, how do I unlock him, I mean, I've got characters that only appear in a few episodes and noone really cares about, but no Future Trunks... *runs off to cry* if anyone can help, could they, uh... PM... or something. :D
Posted
I was looking forward to this because its predecessor was a general step in the right direction. Its mechanics were shallow in comparison to most fighters, but as a fan of the anime, I was happy to finally play a decent DragonBall Z game. The only others I enjoyed were on the Super Famicom and they were only so-so at best. So, it was nice that Budokai was actually playable and enjoyable. For the sequel, I was hoping for added depth and a complete reoworking of the characters so that they all didn't play identically to one another.

Having said that, I'm not too sure if I'm interested in Bukokai 2 at this point. I [i]love[/i] the new graphics; they reproduce the look of the show faithfully. Even if the backgrounds are [i]still[/i] somewhat boring. All in all, though, I have few complaints in the visual department.

My problem lies in the gameplay; it doesn't seem to have matured much at all. I've heard of a new gimmick where you can charge up special attacks. Not exactly a revolutionary change or something that completely changes the way the game is played. Don't misunderstand. I didn't expect Virtua Fighter 4; just [i]something[/i] to make up for how shallow the gameplay in this series is.

Outside of that, it looks to play very similarly to last year's version. The fact that they removed the story mode in favor of a board game furthers my disappointment.

Maybe I'll pick it up and maybe I won't. I just don't think it has much of anything new to offer.
Posted
I got this last night @ EB Games (they FINALLY called to let me know they have it). Haven't started to play much yet, but the graphics kick *** - and Dragon Mode is very difference from story mode from Budokai 1, but I actually kind of like it.

Anyone else not too busy tooling around with ROTK to play?
Posted
very cool-saw the screen shots on Gamespot and I love the cell shaded graphics. I'm sure that SS3 Goku's ultimate attacks are gonna rock!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...