Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Arucard Costume


Recommended Posts

Guest AlucardDjin
Posted
Dose Anyone know where i can get an Arucard from hellsing costume in the UK?
Guest ScirosDarkblade
Posted
No idea, sorry. But if I may, shouldn't it technically be "Alucard" with an 'l' since that's "Dracula" backwards? I think the Japanese just replace the sound with "ru" because they can't pronounce the 'l'. Also there are no kana for a "lu" sound.
Guest AlucardDjin
Posted
yes in the japanes he was called arucard and i think we should still call him arucard...if a mans name is yui in japan its still yui in english no? plus in the credits its always spelt arucard...and i like the way it roles off my tongue =p
Guest ScirosDarkblade
Posted
[quote name='AlucardDjin']yes in the japanes he was called arucard and i think we should still call him arucard...if a mans name is yui in japan its still yui in english no?[/quote]

Well, no, because it depends on where the name originated from. Yui is a Japanese name, but Arucard (Alucard) is not. And it hasn't really been assimilated as a word (like Moscow isn't really the proper name to pronounce the city's name, but it's been Anglicised completely). After all, in Oh My Goddess! everyone calls the main character Belldandy even though it's Berudandi in Japanese. If they could, they would, you know? So I think it should be Alucard.
Posted
[quote name='ScirosDarkblade'] So I think it should be Alucard.[/quote]

[color=indigo]I agree with you, I think it was intended to be Dracula spelled backwards. Unfortunately Pioneer didn't think so. On the back of every DVD in the Hellsing DVD set (American release) the character's name is spelled with an "r". So you both have valid points.

As far as a costume goes, red jacket, red pants, red hat red tie, and a frilly white shirt with long white gloves...There is your costume.[/color]
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]Well, I'm going to go ahead and close this topic, as it really isn't generating any sort of decent discussion. Besides, the anime lounge isn't the place to ask about costumes unless you're replying in a cosplay thread. Also, try to make your posts longer than one sentence next time. It would be a great help to the overall quality of this forum. Thanks so much and good luck on finding your costume. A usefull site, though expensive, is limebarb.com. They make the costume for you. Anywho, enjoy!

Thread Closed.[/color][/size]
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...