Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[font=Trebuchet MS]Obviously, since I'm not a member of NASA, I don't know what the actual outcome was, but I did hear on the news yesterday morning that they successfully impacted on the comet. Everything went to plan, so no need to worry about Armageddon or Deep Impact happening in real life, RioLaskand :animesigh[/font]
Posted
Well NASA succeded in hiting the comet. Only time will tell if it actually provides any useful information. I still think blowing things up isn't a good method of investigation but at the same time I'm glad they got something out of the money that was spent. That would have been a pretty expensive miss if it had failed to connect.

Here's a link to an article about the results, and a picture of the comet is showing it after the probe from the Deep Impact spacecraft collided with it early Monday, July 4, 2005
[URL=http://www.harktheherald.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=58921&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0]Picture of Comet Impact[/URL]
Posted
I'm glad it suceeded since so much money was spent. Hehehe! After all that trouble I hope they get some good information out of it. ^_^

And that picture they got is awesome. I hope they got lots more of them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...