Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Best Anime Girl Tournament R3 M1: Sailor Venus (Sailor Moon) vs. Nabiki (Ranma 1/2)



Recommended Posts

Posted
The original magical girl vs. The original anime schemestress!

My only rule is to not spam up these threads. Don't just post the character that you voted for's name. If you're going to say who you voted for, then explain why you voted for who you voted for, even if that explanation is just quoting someone that shares your sentiments. It doesn't need to be complicated. Even something as simple as "I voted for Asuka because she has a lot more spunk than Rei" or "I voted for Asuka because she has a lot of spunk" will work. So long as it has more substance than "Asuka" or "Asuka's better", its fine.

You know what? I really don't know who's going to win. I guess that I'll just use the "Minako's cuter" argument and say that she will.

Minako Aino/Sailor Venus (Sailor Moon)
[img]http://img235.exs.cx/img235/8831/sailorvenus33157tn.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img221.echo.cx/img221/2015/ven1004zn.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img221.echo.cx/img221/1373/smsenshi4303go.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9907/smvenus1953la.jpg[/img]

vs.

Nabiki Tendou (Ranma 1/2)
[img]http://img243.echo.cx/img243/3408/nabiki0110244tg.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img229.echo.cx/img229/2716/nabiki0410247ap.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img229.echo.cx/img229/1261/nabiki0210249qq.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3137/nabiki151bj.jpg[/img]

I like Nabiki... but nowhere near as much as I like Minako!

Venus is probably the most spirited of senshi. She's one of those really cool characters that are goofy and childish during their leisure time (Minako and Usagi almost seem like identical twins at times here), but really calm and capable when it comes time to fight. BTW, for those of you that wondered why I called Venus the original magical girl... Sailor Moon is actually a sequel to a manga called "Codename: Sailor V". That series was cut short when Sailor Moon gained popularity. From what I've heard of it, it seems like it was pretty much identical to the first few episodes of Sailor Moon, with an Ami look alike and a nerdy kid following her around. I can see why it didn't do too well... if they're anything like Usagi's stupid *** friends, and if this Ace guy is anything like Tuxedo Mask, and if there's not 3-4 other cool characters around to make up for them, I'd probably lose interest too.

There's really not a whole lot to say about Nabiki that I haven't said before. She's a schemer that'll make cash in anyway that she can. There's one episode where she takes pictures of girl Ranma and Akane and sells them to Kendo for $20 each... $5 to look at it, $15 to take it home! But I guess that when you're stupid enough to pay $5 to look at a photo, you deserve to be exploited. She's also right there taking bets whenever there's a fight going on...

Like I said earlier, Nabiki's cute, but Minako's cuter.
Posted
[SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]I've always liked Sailor Venus from the very first episode she was in. She was my second favorite character (closely tailing Leena). I mean, not only is she cute, but she has Artemis! Also, I always wanted to get my hair as long as her's. XD Color I have no trouble with.

Chalk up one vote for Sailor Venus.[/FONT][/SIZE]
Posted
[SIZE=1]My first anime was Sailor Moon when I was 6 or 7.My friend Kayla and I would watch the show at her house,eat ice cream sandwhiches and jump on the couch pretending to be the Sailor Scouts.Since I had blonde hair I was always Serena or Mina.
So I have to vote for Mina.[/SIZE]
Posted
i know nothing about either of these anime, so not for the first time (certainly not the last time) I'm going to pick by impulse, whim, chance or based on the image presented. *rolls some dice, consults a table, re-rolls a dice, and consults a different table* I guess i'll go with sailor venus, :smirk:
Posted
[SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]Wow...Sailor Venus is beating Nibiki 9 to nilch! Woohoo! I think this one's in the bag for Mina!

I wonder...how many animes are going to continue the evil steriotype of the big breasts, as represented in Nibiki?[/FONT][/SIZE]
Posted
I wouldn't call Nabiki evil in the traditional sense. Greedy maybe, but not evil.

And I'm also pretty sure that all of the Ranma girls had about the same bust size...
Posted
[SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]I didn't mean that Nibiki was evil. I don't even know who she is besides the pictures you gave us. XD I was saying that the steriotype of the "big breasts" was evil. Almost every anime has it and, as an amature artist of manga myself, I notice it like there's no friggen tomorrow and it bugs the crap outta me.[/FONT][/SIZE]
Posted
A lot of animes don't follow that. RahXephon, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, .hack, Tenchi... I can only think of 4 busty villains throughout all of those shows, and two of them have had a lot of female villains.
Posted
Sailor Venus: 10 votes
Nabiki Tendou: 1 vote

[b]Here is your winner... Sailor Venus![/b]

I wasn't expecting a complete squash here... but like with the rest of the squashes so far, I don't mind the outcome!
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
wow....round 3 already!! This thing is going fast...now it's time for my vote...Nabiki still looks like a baby's head on a grown up body...that won't change, but then again, neither will my vote...I got three for Venus...take it home Minako!!! :animesmil I vote for sailor venus

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...