Jump to content
OtakuBoards

If someone gave you $1,000,000 what would you do with it?


Recommended Posts

Posted
I would give some to my parents, actually i'd probably give them a pretty good chunk of it. Then i'd buy a car and a couple of other little things that i want, then i'd use it to pay for college. Anything left over after all of that would go into savings.
Posted
[size=1]Before I started taking Ethics in school, I would've answered just as many of you did. Give half away, indulge myself with the other half.

But now, I realize that my personal wants are pretty much nil when compared to the suffering of those in say, Sierra Leone, or Haiti. I wouldn't help the Hurricaine victims out. They have it made like kings when compared to those in aforementioned regions.

I can't blame any one of you, though. It's one of those issues that's sort of "out of sight, out of mind." Where do the price-cuts for Wal-Mart come from? Cutting labor costs, of course. Not giving workers health benefits. From paying them a dollar a day. Where do the diamonds come from that "are forever?" From Sierra Leone, where children are exploited just so that the government can cash in and keep the aristocracy in business.

So much suffering in the world... and I had no idea about it. Really, 1 million wouldn't do much, but it's a start.[/size]
Guest chobitslover90
Posted
What you fail to realize is that the world has relied on other peoples suffering from the beginning. There was slavery in the u.s. but that was only a more popular form of suffering.Tthe world is a basically evil place and money is the source of alot of it.so even if you did give it to some organization the govrnment would take it and **** it away. Evil will always be present until the earth falls into the sun or something to that effect.
Posted
[quote name='chobitslover90']What you fail to realize is that the world has relied on other peoples suffering from the beginning. There was slavery in the u.s. but that was only a more popular form of suffering.Tthe world is a basically evil place and money is the source of alot of it.so even if you did give it to some organization the govrnment would take it and **** it away. Evil will always be present until the earth falls into the sun or something to that effect.[/quote]
[size=1]Does this make it right or acceptable? Does this make things impossible to change? I would hope not. I would hope that we would strive to help our fellow man, that we as a world would try to stop the suffering of our bretheren.

It is this indifference in the world that perpetuates the cycle of suffering.[/size]
Guest Heero yuy
Posted
I would invest some of it..to make more money...
give to charity...maybe, habit for humanity...
buy my friends and family houses in the same neighborhood as me, I like to be tight knit with them.
Save some for future events...
College, bills, and just living...I guess.
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...