Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Anyone for Brand New...


Recommended Posts

Guest Heero yuy
Posted
Anyone else who like Brand New...?

Or Tegan And Sara?
Posted
Brand New! Brand New is pretty big with the people i hang out with. My sister loves the band and a lot of other people i know like 'em too. I like 'em too, but i'm not obsessive over them. I have a good number of their songs, but i don't listen to them every day.

All in all i like 'em, but there are better bands out there.
Posted
[font=trebuchet ms]If you asked me this last year, I would have hopped up and down screaming that Brand New pwn j00, arms flailing, the whole bit. I didn't really like [i]Your Favorite Weapon[/i] at all, and [i]Deja Etendu[/i] got boring after a year. Thus, I grew out of them, I still like a few of their songs, and I wouldn't complain about being forced to listen to them. I think that overall, they're an enjoyable band, they just aren't for me anymore.[/font]
Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed]Who in the seven circles of hell are [i]Brand New[/i]? What kind of name is that? Jeez, if that's the most creative thing they can come up with...

Not once have I ever heard this band. What is it with these bands that just pop up overnight and than go away? Am I just out of some kind of loop here?

Should I even care about this band? What genre is it?[/COLOR]
Guest Heero yuy
Posted
[quote name='RiflesAtRecess][font=trebuchet ms]If you asked me this last year, I would have hopped up and down screaming that Brand New pwn j00, arms flailing, the whole bit. I didn't really like [i]Your Favorite Weapon[/i] at all, and [i]Deja Etendu[/i'] got boring after a year. Thus, I grew out of them, I still like a few of their songs, and I wouldn't complain about being forced to listen to them. I think that overall, they're an enjoyable band, they just aren't for me anymore.[/font][/quote]

I agree to extent, I got their " Your Favorite Weapon" cd when it first came out, caught my eye at the store, and I listened to some sample tracks. Thought it was the cd that contains the anthems of Highschool life, in other words..it was great, soon after I got Deja Entendu, totally different sound...but still good as the first. They're old, and become mundane, but I'm still amazed by Jesse Lacey's lyrics and the simplexities of the instrumental riffs.

...understandable, but still clear and good.
Posted
A couple of my friends really like them, so I got to listen to some of their stuff. They're pretty good; however, I picked up [I]Deja Entendu[/I] and it didn't seem as catchy as their older songs that my friends let me listen to.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...