ZeroBlade Posted April 5, 2002 Posted April 5, 2002 I'm sure we all seen that Gundam: "Whats your level of commitment?" commercial and curiosity killed me... Who here has at least one Gundam model and if so what are they? I personally have one, the Perfect grade Wing Zero Custom. It took me $150 bucks and 2 weeks to build this guy and I must say, it was worth it.(Guess that make me a Level 5 [personally I think I'm way past that] :rolleyes: :D ) Too bad it has some damage (damn kids raided my house and played with it.....:mad: :bawl: ) Oh well, nothing that couldn't be fixed - in fact with the repairs I gave it, damage is barely nocticable and its holding up better than before....:smirk:
Ice Dragon v2 Posted April 5, 2002 Posted April 5, 2002 First and foremost: I highly doubt those people know jack on modeling. Two. I have the MGs Zeta, ZZ, FAZZ, RX-93, Ez8, TX-79G, RX-78, NT1, GP01, GP02, and the new 1/144 GP03 Dendrobium Orchis. Yea, the 40 inch model that cost me $217. I have not yet reached the PG level. Eventually I will since Pinoy modelers have crazy collections. As a Pinoy, I will uphold this tradition. :D :D
ZeroBlade Posted April 8, 2002 Author Posted April 8, 2002 What models do you have other than the eypon Zero-Dude? Yeah it is bull sh!+ on how many hours it took to build the models they had in that commercial. Especially those two Master grade (i think) wing zero and altron shenlong. I only said 2 weeks for my gundam because I took breaks, watched TV, schoolwork, etc.
Ice Dragon v2 Posted April 8, 2002 Posted April 8, 2002 1. There is NO WAY there's a MG Wing series. I keep in update with the models. 2. The minimum for the PG Wing-Zero is 3 days. I finally bought and it took me 3 days. 3. 1/100 scale models are at least 4 to 5 hours. There's IDv2's two cent opinions on model building.
ZeroBlade Posted April 8, 2002 Author Posted April 8, 2002 Thats why I said "I think" icedragon. I wasn't sure, I'm not too familar with the different grades. But the 1/100 grade are the ones I was talking about, that they showed in the commercial. You must be very good on building models, from the models you just told me you have its no wonder you got it done in 3 days. My model is actually my first which explains why it took me so long and again I was only able to work on it little by little a day. (Had to go to school/work, you know everyday stuff) I bet you're wondering how is it I went and got a perfect grade anyway.;) You can say Rick Hunter talking me into it as part of it. The other part is cuz Wing Zero is my favorite gundam aside to the Double X and the Perfect Grade was the best one to drool over:D
Ice Dragon v2 Posted April 9, 2002 Posted April 9, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ZeroG214 [/i] [B]Thats why I said "I think" icedragon. I wasn't sure, I'm not too familar with the different grades. But the 1/100 grade are the ones I was talking about, that they showed in the commercial. You must be very good on building models, from the models you just told me you have its no wonder you got it done in 3 days. My model is actually my first which explains why it took me so long and again I was only able to work on it little by little a day. (Had to go to school/work, you know everyday stuff) I bet you're wondering how is it I went and got a perfect grade anyway.;) You can say Rick Hunter talking me into it as part of it. The other part is cuz Wing Zero is my favorite gundam aside to the Double X and the Perfect Grade was the best one to drool over:D [/B][/QUOTE] If you want good 1/144s, buy the HGUC or High-Grade Universal Century series. I have all of the 0079 and 08 th MS Team. Geez, with all these models, I'm gonna need a bigger shelf...lol. That's another thing about model building: you need the shelf. No shelf, no good. There's another one of IDv2's two cent opinions.
Axel--Ignition Posted April 10, 2002 Posted April 10, 2002 I found a decent model kit, It Rx-78-2 vs. MS-06J, It's two for the price of one! Anyone have it?
Ice Dragon v2 Posted April 10, 2002 Posted April 10, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud Strife00 [/i] [B]I found a decent model kit, It Rx-78-2 vs. MS-06J, It's two for the price of one! Anyone have it? [/B][/QUOTE] I think you mean the RX-79(G) and the MS 06J Zaku. Those are from the 08th MS Team. Like I said before, I have all the 0079 and 08 MS Team Series.
Zachary Posted April 17, 2002 Posted April 17, 2002 i have 2 gundum Models, but none of those level of commetment ones
ZeroBlade Posted April 18, 2002 Author Posted April 18, 2002 It doesn't matter what model you got Zachary. As long as its from the gundam universe. Be sure to tell what grade it is.
ducky_feet Posted May 3, 2002 Posted May 3, 2002 I've got the entire 1/144 HG EW series and the first 5 for the regular 1/144 Wing models. I'm saving up and hoping to buy the PG Wing Zero someday. It's true that the "What's Your Level of Commitment" commercial is bull. It takes nowhere near that amount of time to put them together. But it would probably take longer for some of them if you paint them as well. I've painted about half of mine and the time spent waiting for them to dry was WELL worth it!
Guest Magma Dragoon Posted May 3, 2002 Posted May 3, 2002 I've got a Master Grade Gouf Custom!!! I love the Gouf Custom. Zero_dude or whatever you can find it at [url]www.gundamstoreandmore.com[/url]
Spikey Posted May 10, 2002 Posted May 10, 2002 Heh... I have only made one. It was level 3. It took me awhile, 'cause a peace broke of and i had to super glue it back on. So I got on the computer then. But yeah. I have 1.
Guest Posted May 10, 2002 Posted May 10, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Spikey [/i] [B]Heh... I have only made one. It was level 3. It took me awhile, 'cause a peace broke of and i had to super glue it back on. So I got on the computer then. But yeah. I have 1. [/B][/QUOTE] When ever I build a model, the stupid V-fin breaks while I am taking it out. Plus I am not smart enough to superglue it. I hate when that happens.
Ice Dragon v2 Posted May 10, 2002 Posted May 10, 2002 Yes. The "V" headwings can be a problem if not fixed properly. Although super glue might be the answer, it still shows the blemish of the break point. Another point about modeling, never play around with the models. If you do, the joints get loose over time and they won't be able to hold up. If that happens, putty or surgical tape is best used for to hold it.
ZeroBlade Posted May 11, 2002 Author Posted May 11, 2002 I know what you mean Ice Dragon. You should never play around with a model. And if possible try and protect it like in a case to keep further damage and dumb kids who wanna play with it.... I learned that the hard way and my perfect grade wing zero suffered.... :-( Took me a week to figure out how to fix it since there isn't glue, putty or surgical tape strong enough to hold this thing up......
Amphion Posted June 5, 2002 Posted June 5, 2002 Kids + Model = Destruction of Model. My little cousin comes over sometimes, he got ahold of my baeutifull Nataku model and broke it to about 5 peices. I was devestated. I worked about 4 hours a night for 2 weeks on that thing. Did the best paint job I have ever done and then it is destroyed. I know have my model shelf very high on the wall.
ZeroBlade Posted June 10, 2002 Author Posted June 10, 2002 Did some window shopping today in Chinatown and came across something incredible..... :eek: Bandi has released a Prefect Grade Dendrobium Gundam (a.k.a. Unit 03 from Gundam Stardust Memory.) Now, its not just the gundam they made, it comes with that HUGE moble armor it rides it! I saw the box and pics of the model and it puts my Wing Zero Custom (Perfect Grade) to shame!:bawl: The size of this thing is really intimidating and it screams "For die hard fans only!" written all over it! I don't have pics of it but I'm sure someone has put pics of this thing on the internet so just search for this thing on yahoo or sumthing. I assure you, this thing will blow you away.....
Amphion Posted June 10, 2002 Posted June 10, 2002 Do you mean 03 Orchis or 03S Stamen? I have not seen all of 0083 so Im not sure what your talking about. Either way it sounds good. Orchis - [url]http://www.gundamw.net/0083/gunpics/denorchis2.jpg[/url] Stamen - [url]http://www.gundamw.net/0083/gunpics/denstamen.jpg[/url] [b]- EDIT -[/b] sorry, I think I know what your talking about its this right here: [img]http://www.operationgundam.com/Images/FP/FP-Dendrobium.JPG[/img] Thats one hefty Price tag too. And just to clear things up its the Dendrobium Orchis. Not Dendrobium Stamen. I would definetly buy it if I had the money. If you want Gundam models go to Operationgundam.com. if they dont have it, no one does.
Sniper314 Posted June 11, 2002 Posted June 11, 2002 Hey im getting the level 4 serphent and a level 5 wing zero custom in a month or two if i have enough money.
Amphion Posted June 11, 2002 Posted June 11, 2002 I am getting a SD Zaku II to place on the dash of my car. Wish they would make some bobbing head gundams. I think I will get a perfect grade next. IT would be nice to have huge one for a change.
Emma Posted June 13, 2002 Posted June 13, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ZeroG214 [/i] [B]Did some window shopping today in Chinatown and came across something incredible..... :eek: Bandi has released a Prefect Grade Dendrobium Gundam (a.k.a. Unit 03 from Gundam Stardust Memory.) Now, its not just the gundam they made, it comes with that HUGE moble armor it rides it! I saw the box and pics of the model and it puts my Wing Zero Custom (Perfect Grade) to shame!:bawl: The size of this thing is really intimidating and it screams "For die hard fans only!" written all over it! I don't have pics of it but I'm sure someone has put pics of this thing on the internet so just search for this thing on yahoo or sumthing. I assure you, this thing will blow you away..... [/B][/QUOTE] The Dendrobium is HGUC 1/ 144, not perfect grade. Imagine how big it would be if it is a perfect grade.
Guest Acid Posted June 16, 2002 Posted June 16, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ZeroG214 [/i] [B]I'm sure we all seen that Gundam: "Whats your level of commitment?" commercial and curiosity killed me... Who here has at least one Gundam model and if so what are they?[/B][/QUOTE] My first model was a level 5 High Grade Gundam Epyon, my 2nd was a High Grade, endless waltz edition, level 5 Gundam Natuku. My 3rd was some level 1 Wing Gundam that I found at H-E-B. My 4th model was a High Grade, level 4, Gundam vs. Zaku II value pack. My 5th was a High Grade, level 3 Gouf. I hope to get a few more soon though, considering my birthday is coming up I will. :p
Zero-Altron Posted June 17, 2002 Posted June 17, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ZeroG214 [/i] [B]What models do you have other than the eypon Zero-Dude? Yeah it is bull sh!+ on how many hours it took to build the models they had in that commercial. Especially those two Master grade (i think) wing zero and altron shenlong. I only said 2 weeks for my gundam because I took breaks, watched TV, schoolwork, etc. [/B][/QUOTE] I know 10 hours to do a level 5!! Man, that guy must be one crappy modeler than. It took me 3 hours to do a level 5, High Grade, Epyon. I mean gosh, what did he do? Take a nap while he was building it? Geez, I could build at least 2 level 5's in ten hours. That's what I call false advritsing. :butthead:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now