Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Does anyone here place this game? It's the greatest game I've ever played.

For anyone who knows what I'm talking about, I have a 3,500 point Black Templar Space Marine army.

It should be a much more popular game than it is.
Posted
Yeah, It's a cool game. Hella-expensive, though! 25 bucks for a Tactical Squad where I am. 55 for five Terminators!

I have a 5000 point Black Templars army, of the Draco Crusade!(my personal crusade name! I will show you guys the kick-a*s banner I made if my scanner starts working)
Posted
It costs $14.00 here for a packet containing to un-assembled figures..... o.O Too expensive.

Yeah, I collect 'em, but I've stopped for a while now. I don't really fight other people with them. I just.... collect them.
Guest cloricus
Posted
I've played it once a few years ago, but it was good. :)
Guest Voodookanaka
Posted
I used to ages ago, i used to collect genestealer hybrids, I had a huge army mainly consisting of Imperial cults, i dont think they make genestealer hybrids no more, shame really they were the weakest army there was u had to use loads of tacics to win or load magus with his 3 open wargear pieces, 3 vortex granades was my fav, cheap and hella funny against space marines losing well ard players like 'that' .
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
Hey great news a fan of Warhammer 40,000. I have a Space Wolves and Eldar 4,000 Pt army using the old second edition rules. I agree with most comments that the game is to expensive.
Posted
Well, I have about 1000 point Salamanders army. Not really enough to play. Im still building it up. Everyone else I play with has been playing for years and have huge armys. One guys army has costed him over 1 thousand dollars in all. Thats just a little too rich for my blood. I still play but I am not into it like they are. I am more interested in using the Gundam rules created for it and putting my models out there.
Posted
Well, I have the non-40K version. My friends and I all started that, and making 2 armies was way too expensive. It seems all of the younger people are starting the 40K. It gets really annoying to play, and crush, the same people over and over. It should be more popular, though, and the pieces are really expensive. A good site to go to would be artsbargains.com. They sell warhammer and 40K at 20%off with free shipping. I've bought from them before, and they just a little slow with the shipping. Another site is: Hobbyworkshop.com. They have both at 30% off, but charge shipping. The drawback here is that the pages take a little while to load.


Power to Khaine! Long live Malekith!
Guest Shift
Posted
What is this game? Is it like a war type board game?

I should really study more on games ><
Posted
This is kind of related to Warhammer 40K. I've got a high elf army worth about 3 grand under the old system (points, not cash). I used to collect Space Wolves but like everyone else says it's waay too expensive for someone on a budget.

For Herman, it's kind of like toy soldiers at it's simplest level of definition. You buy your own miniatures from the store and assemble and paint them yourself, and then you can "game" with them. The are lots of rules and regulations, so you can't just say "i shot you, you die". It's kind of like a stategy computer game but with miniatures. It's a good thinkings game, because it's hard to create an army that is unstoppable, though i've seen a few around. They're usually Dark Elves.
Posted
I tried it once. A friend let me use some of his Marines. I enjoyed it alot. But it was way to expensive. Its almost impossible for a person who does not have a job, like myself, to buy a good sized army. But if you have the money to spend I would suggest it.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Herman [/i]
[B]What is this game? Is it like a war type board game?

I should really study more on games >< [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah you could say that, you control an army of models and play a war game. It really is quite fun and there are lots of models and armies to collect. My favourite are the Eldar they are like futuristic Elves with cool wargear and awesome Phoenix Lords. There is also a Warhammer game which is more fantasy orientated with armies such as Elves and Orcs. Visit Games Workshop for more info

[URL=http://www.gamesworkshop.com]http://www.gamesworkshop.com[/URL]
Posted
All the Warhammer games available here are Warhammer, and Warhammer: 40,000 -_- It sucks that there isn't more available here, because I have this big poster that has a heap of other Warhammer alike products...that I can't buy! Grrrrr.....:flaming:
Posted
[SIZE=1]Alot of my friends have it, I think it's a waste of money. It's too expensive and when you get to like 30 something years old it'll just be in a box collecting dust forgotten in the memories of everyone.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Just my opinion.[/SIZE] ;)
Guest Baharroth
Posted
WH40K is kool and i agree with everyone it is hell expensive but i love how GW has totaly created entire cultures based around these alian races (including history's , technology , language's, religions).

For those of you who dont know who Baharroth is - he is an Eldar Phoenix Lord - I just love the Eldar cultures
  • 1 month later...
Posted
[SIZE=4]BOOHYAAAA!!!![/SIZE]
*does a little dance*
YAY, other 40K Fans. YES i collect and YES I collet space marines.
I've been collecting for...umm...7 YEARS now, that's almost half my lifetime.
I have a 2100 point ULTRAMARINE army and a 800 Point custiom army called the Dread legion, a recently descovered colony of space marines. My friends collect Eldar, Imperial guard, Tau, Space marines and ....CHAOS. Which my brother collects and hasen't been defeated in an entire year. Too bad he quit WH.
Thanx for this post.
If you want me to give you some history on the dread legion and some special characters feel free to ask.
  • 11 months later...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...