Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
In my opinion i think the best psx game has got to be ultimate battle. The graphics are not great but the game play is excellent and all the greats such as master roshi and of course chibi goku are involved. The one problem is the commentator at the tournaments because he talks for ever and you just want to kicks some ***.
Guest Renegade V2
Posted
[COLOR=darkred][B]In my opinion Ultimate Battle 22 is far from the best Playstation game, very far. It isn't even the best of the three Dragonball Z games published for the Playstation. I think Legends is the best but....:p...Teehee, anyway there are FAR and when I say far I mean FAR better games than Ultimate Battle 22. Theres the Syphon Filter series, the Metal Gear Solid series, the Tekken series, and the Final Fantasy series. Not to mention countless other better games. But whatever, it's your.......game time? :p[/B][/COLOR]
Posted
I agree Renegade. There are a multitude of infinitely superior fighting games on the PSX.

Ultimate Battle 22's backgrounds are sadly sterile and boring, while the gameplay leaves much to be desired. There is little to no depth to distinguish characters from one another.

Suffice to say, one would be better off with Street Fighter Alpha 3 (even for GameBoy advance, lol). Keep in mind that Ultimate Battle 22 debuted sometime around 1995. ;)
Posted
To my dismay I haven't played any of the DBZ games, but I know for sure there are better games out there. Come on. Lets be serious. Metal Gear Solid is one the best games ever. As in gameplay, storyline, characters, and for its time Graphics. I love to play MGS. And Im sure there are plenty more such as Stuart Little 2 or Bio Freaks or even Novastorm. State the facts bud. :devil:
Posted
DBZ UB 22 has a better fighting system, just like the snes ones, but I prefer DBZ Legends 3 on 3 fighting, and awesome story mode. There are a crapload of different scenarios you can fight depending on who you send out to fight who, and there's....15 or 30 special fights (I forget how many ><) like the ginyu force against goku and such. Hm...UB22 DOES have Zarbon tho....ah if only Legends had a deeper fighting system, one attack and one beam button doesn't leave that many options =\.
Posted
Now, Super Goten I'm not going tell you what you should and should not like (at least I'll try) , but I think maybe you're just a little too into DBZ and it makes your head all funny. I used to think that UB22 was the best thing ever made. The day I got it I was super excited and instantly started playing. I didn't stop all night (at this point in my life I would have wrecked friendsips over DBZ. Well, to tell you the truth, I did lose friends over DBZ) However, trust me when I say that the second you stop liking DBZ you will instantly realize that the game is terrible and lacks any kind of depth. But if you like simple fighting games without the complicated combos and such, this game is for you.
Guest QuickSilver
Posted
Even though i think its a good game i wouldnt go as far as you and say its one of the best. Personally i think Final Bout is better than Ultimate Battle
Posted
Rhys Rhys Rhys... That game is crap.. maybe i should give u some of my PSX games.. but u do sound a little too into this whole game thing :) But what ever tickles ur bean :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...