Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Has anyone heard of it or seen it.. It has been on the Action channel a few times but I'm really trying to find out if there's more on this particular anime!!
Also I think there are a few more series that tie into this one.. If you can point me into the directions of these as well!!
Guest Imsirion
Posted
I've seen it on the action channel, I like it. The stories you speak of are The Captain Harlock Saga (or something) and I think Galaxy Express 999, but I haven't seen those.
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Actually they aren't series but OVA's, Queen Emeraldas, and Harlock Saga are sort of like side stories/ventures of recurring characters in the Galaxy Express time line. That is the only tie in with the Galaxy Express 999 series and other ova's.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B]Actually they aren't series but OVA's, Queen Emeraldas, and Harlock Saga are sort of like side stories/ventures of recurring characters in the Galaxy Express time line. That is the only tie in with the Galaxy Express 999 series and other ova's. [/B][/QUOTE]
This is kind of off-topic, but what does OVA really mean? o_O
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Syk3 [/i]
[B]This is kind of off-topic, but what does OVA really mean? o_O [/B][/QUOTE]

:D Your going to smack your head over this one! OVA stands for Original Video Animation. Basically certain anime companies test out a series idea or movie idea through these short 30 min sometimes 45 minute mini movie/episodes. Some good animes started out as OVA's such as what many know in America as "Tenchi Muyo" that show actually is an Ova that did so well it spawned Tench Tv aka "Tenchi Universe". Ack now we're really getting off the topic .. >.> guess we should get back on it.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B]:D Your going to smack your head over this one! OVA stands for Original Video Animation. Basically certain anime companies test out a series idea or movie idea through these short 30 min sometimes 45 minute mini movie/episodes. Some good animes started out as OVA's such as what many know in America as "Tenchi Muyo" that show actually is an Ova that did so well it spawned Tench Tv aka "Tenchi Universe". Ack now we're really getting off the topic .. >.> guess we should get back on it. [/B][/QUOTE]
Yes, but thanks for the info.

Anywho, I was planning to watch Queen Emeraldas, might have watched the first few mins. I suppose I needed to know more about it, and if people would reccommend it and such.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I just rented the Harlock saga...damn was it long, and I fast fowarded though alot of it, but I got the entire gist of it tho. It's VERY similar to Queen Esmeralda(or however you spell it).
Posted
So you say the Harlok Saga is boring...Well scracth (sp?):D The idea of watchng Q.E. again... But I actually thought it was pretty good though...and are there only two eps. for it!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...