Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by TheDarkOtaku [/i]
[B]I heard it was pretty funny. I might pick it up since I like romance comedies. Anyways, Doesn't Funimation do the dubbing? I was just wondering...:) [/B][/QUOTE]
Yes. *solemn silence* I haven't seen the dubbed version yet, but I downloaded the voice clips for Kyo and Tohru, and I find them terrible. Kyo's is the worst... It sounds almost opposite his personality... T.T
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amiboshi [/i]
[B]Yes. *solemn silence* I haven't seen the dubbed version yet, but I downloaded the voice clips for Kyo and Tohru, and I find them terrible. Kyo's is the worst... It sounds almost opposite his personality... T.T [/B][/QUOTE]

Most people look at this as:
"Oh no! FUNimation is doing the dubbing!"

I prefer to think of this as:
"I hope it's being subtitled!"

I don't believe in buying fansubs and I don't download fansubs online and I don't live in Japan or understand Japanese, so my only hope is that FUNimation decides to subtitle their series' instead of only dubbing them. Has FUNimation already started selling the tapes/DVDs for this show?
Posted
I tend to agree with you, Endymion. But, after the DBZ catastrophe, how can you not lose respect? They butchered it into "bite size pieces." I'm hoping an anime such as this will not turn into another DBZ, so I'm glad it's subbed.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Endymion [/i]
[B]Most people look at this as:
"Oh no! FUNimation is doing the dubbing!"

I prefer to think of this as:
"I hope it's being subtitled!"

I don't believe in buying fansubs and I don't download fansubs online and I don't live in Japan or understand Japanese, so my only hope is that FUNimation decides to subtitle their series' instead of only dubbing them. Has FUNimation already started selling the tapes/DVDs for this show? [/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's subtitled, too. The first DVD has been released with the first 6 episodes already. I heard there are even 2 different subtitled to choose from, the English version subtitled and the japanese translation subtitles. I find that rather interesting...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Starlit_Neko [/i]
[B]^-^ I went on to ebay and found all the epidodes for Fruits Basket on DVD only for $30. It's in perfect condition too. I hope I can order it today. *crosses fingers* [/B][/QUOTE] If it's the Hong Kong bootlegs, they are cheap, but they have terrible subs. T.T They don't get the names right until episode 12... I hate having to read "chomore" instead os "Sohma"...it's just irritating.
Posted
Fruits Basket is good. I've watched it about 7 times now, and I'm not tired with it. ^-^ The characters make the anime worth watching. My favorite characters are Kyou and Shigure. It was really one of the most emotional animes I've seen, I still cry during the last episode. ;_; It's so sad and sweet. Everyone should see it. ^.^

I've also seen the dubs, it's decent, funi always comes out with decent dubs from what I've heard. (DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inu-Yasha?) The only character that was horrible was Yuki. "Hi, I'm yuki, and I just hit puberty."
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Utena_Tenjou [/i]
[B]Fruits Basket is good. I've watched it about 7 times now, and I'm not tired with it. ^-^ The characters make the anime worth watching. My favorite characters are Kyou and Shigure. It was really one of the most emotional animes I've seen, I still cry during the last episode. ;_; It's so sad and sweet. Everyone should see it. ^.^

I've also seen the dubs, it's decent, funi always comes out with decent dubs from what I've heard. (DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inu-Yasha?) The only character that was horrible was Yuki. "Hi, I'm yuki, and I just hit puberty." [/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah, the last episode really was sad... I cried, too. T.T

I felt that Tohru kinda chose Yuki over Kyo, which was really sad since I love Kyo! ^-^ The ending suggested she kinda chose both of them, but almost the whole series she half-ignored kyo a lot of time... Poor Kyo-kun.... V.V
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amiboshi [/i]
[B]Yeah, the last episode really was sad... I cried, too. T.T

I felt that Tohru kinda chose Yuki over Kyo, which was really sad since I love Kyo! ^-^ The ending suggested she kinda chose both of them, but almost the whole series she half-ignored kyo a lot of time... Poor Kyo-kun.... V.V [/B][/QUOTE]

The last episode and the episode about Momiji's parents are so sad! ;_; I cry when I watch anime way to much. T_T

I noticed that Torhu either spent most of her time with Yuki, and the manga was longer then the anime was. >< I hope they come out with an OVA fpr the last few chapter of the manga, it's sopposed to be about Shigure.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Utena_Tenjou [/i]
[B]The last episode and the episode about Momiji's parents are so sad! ;_; I cry when I watch anime way to much. T_T

I noticed that Torhu either spent most of her time with Yuki, and the manga was longer then the anime was. >< I hope they come out with an OVA fpr the last few chapter of the manga, it's sopposed to be about Shigure. [/B][/QUOTE]
The episode about Momiji was one of the saddest ones.... I really broke down sobbing, probably the hardest I've ever cried over anime. ....it just broke my heart... :bawl: It was really sad when they showed Tohru with her mom in the hospital in that one, too. I was just waiting for Tohru to hug Momiji after that, I'm glad she finally did. ;) [i]I[/i] wanted to hug Momiji myself...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...