Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I'm a UK fan! In West Sussex. I've never been to hot on card games, but if there were more tournaments around then I would definately be more interested in it. The distributors just completely ignore the market over here. I've never seen Yu-Gi-Oh cards on sale anywhere here. I'd be tempted to get them if there were.
Posted
Ooh! Where? Me wanty!

But even if I did get some, I'd have nowhere to play it- there are next to no games clubs round here, and if they were they'd all be for Mogic: The Gathering or Pokemon. Yu-Gi-Oh's the only one I'd be interested in, but I'd probably only alienate myself from my friends further if I started collecting...
Posted
Toys'R'Us usually has them, coz that's were I got some recently. Anime simply doesn't have a good rep in the UK as it does in America, bad advertising being the crux of it (feck, in Northern Ireland, finding anime stuff is like trying to find phoenix), and also the myth that it's for younger children is still alive and well here.

But this is a interesting idea- if all the British duelists here swapped contact (AIM and/or MSN) details, we could duel each other online. I know this Forum has this in the 'a circle of friends' thread, but the timezone differences make it hard for us to duel American opponents. It'd be easier to duel 'local' duelists.

BTW Solo, if you ever get a deck, I'll be happy to pit my cards against yours.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solo Tremaine [/i]
[B]Ooh! Where? Me wanty!

But even if I did get some, I'd have nowhere to play it- there are next to no games clubs round here, and if they were they'd all be for Mogic: The Gathering or Pokemon. Yu-Gi-Oh's the only one I'd be interested in, but I'd probably only alienate myself from my friends further if I started collecting... [/B][/QUOTE]

i usually buy my cards from ' Game ' but if i wanted Pharoh's Servant(sp?) boosters i'd have to order them over the net.
Posted
Anytime, D_M! I shall have to trek down to Toys R Us sometime, then...

Would you be able to mix different series and 'nationalities' of cards, though? I know there are several types and decks and what-have-you. Could you, say, mix Pharoah's Servant boosters with another lot?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Digital_Monster [/i]
[B] and also the myth that it's for younger children is still alive and well here. [/B][/QUOTE]




Could you possibly mean they think Yu-Gi-Oh! is for kids, well I can prove them wrong, the tournements I go to there are 50 year old men playing with them...very good at it too(I got beat by a few of them lol)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...