Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Shoujo manga is manga directed towards girls.
And Shonen is directed towards boys. :)

:shifty: I think...
Posted
[color=blue][size=1]BunnyBunny05, they're not really seperate ones, it's just that shonen manga has a plot/characters/whatever that will appeal to guys more than girls, and shojo manga appeals more to girls than guys.[/size][/color]
Posted
Yeah, shoujo often has romance and the such in it, not to mention lots of bishonen that shonen doesn't always have. I highly prefer shoujo, but everyone's different. ;)
Posted
Shonen is for boys????????

I don't see anything wrong with Shonen Jump and I'm a girl. So then where's Shojo Jump???

( I guess that would be a more "femine" approach to Yu Yu Hakusho or something......that would be wierd.
Posted
I always thought it was kind of obvious who it was aimed for... comsidering that Shoujo means girl and Shonen means boy...

I personally prefer Shojou to Shonen.... But as Amiboshi said everyones different
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yu Yu Hakusho! [/i]
[B]Shonen is for boys????????

I don't see anything wrong with Shonen Jump and I'm a girl. So then where's Shojo Jump???

( I guess that would be a more "femine" approach to Yu Yu Hakusho or something......that would be wierd. [/B][/QUOTE]
It doesn't quite work that way... Shoujo doesn't mean they change the manga or anything, they're just a label on manga that girls would enjoy more than boys... *can't tell if you were joking or not O.o* It's just looking at a romance story and saying "that's for girls", then looking at a fighting story and saying "that's for boys". Those are examples of course, but I mean it's just suggesting boys/girls would enjoy a story more.

I think Animerica Extra has a lot more shoujo stuff in it, and Tokyopop used to publish "smile" that had shoujo stuff like Sailormoon, Peach Girl, and stuff like that. Animerica Extra has Fushigi Yuugi, which is big-shoujo, and Revolutionary Girl Utena, so they have some shoujo stuff there. But lots of girls like shonen stuff. Doesn't mean anything. ;) Simply (again) a label meaning boys might like it more than girls, or at least that's how I see it.
Posted
Oh, so basically more "girly" manga...like Sailor Moon. I personally don't like that kind of stuff, not much action or comedy. I guess I'll just stick with the guy stuff. So no changing the manga, just a totally different series. I'm sorry, but I'm not giving up Yu Yu Hakusho just to be more girly to read Sailor Moon...0_o
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yu Yu Hakusho! [/i]
[B]Oh, so basically more "girly" manga...like Sailor Moon. I personally don't like that kind of stuff, not much action or comedy. I guess I'll just stick with the guy stuff. So no changing the manga, just a totally different series. I'm sorry, but I'm not giving up Yu Yu Hakusho just to be more girly to read Sailor Moon...0_o [/B][/QUOTE]
Simply preference. ^-^ Although, there's stuff like "X/1999" by CLAMP that I'm not sure what it would be considered. There's angst and stuff, so I want to call it shoujo, but there's also a lot of fighting and gore. Just because it's [i]for[/i] girls, doesn't always mean it's "girly". Just like some girls are more girly than others...;)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rain [/i]
[B][color=blue][size=1]BunnyBunny05, they're not really seperate ones, it's just that shonen manga has a plot/characters/whatever that will appeal to guys more than girls, and shojo manga appeals more to girls than guys.[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow. I get it now. Thanx! :blush: :angel: :D There's a pic of Inuyasha here, YYH.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...