Jump to content
OtakuBoards

I tried....


Recommended Posts

Posted
I tried waiting it out, but this is insane. When I check my email I have a million messages from Otakuboards, saying that someone replied to a thread. After seeing that, I went into my user options and killed that feature. But they kept on coming. It's like a bad horror movie. I [b]would[/b] block the address but wouldn't a ban warning or something come from the same address? Not that I would get one, but still. Does annything else come from that address? Is there a way that an Admin could turn it off?
Posted
As far as I know, ban warnings are usually sent out via private message. But, in the instance of a full inbox, a staff member (usually a super moderator) will e-mail you.

When I first joined, I experimented with suscribing to threads, but when I unsuscribed, the e-mails stopped coming. Have you checked thoroughly to be sure that you're no longer suscribed to any threads?
Posted
I'm pretty sure there's an option to turn off the e-mail reply. :p Check your profile. I know that a lot of vb's have the option. ^_^
Posted
Yeah, go to your [url=http://www.OtakuBoards.com/usercp.php]User CP[/url] and click on "View Subscribed Threads" and then click "Unsubscribe from all threads" or something of the sort. That should stop the emails... and uncheck the "Email Notification" box in your Posts.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mako [/i]
[B]I'm pretty sure there's an option to turn off the e-mail reply. :p Check your profile. I know that a lot of vb's have the option. ^_^ [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=royalblue]If you read his post you'd already know that he knew that. He said it didn't work after turning it off.

You must still be subscribed to some specific threads that still get plenty of replys. Just wait it out i guess, all topics eventually fade.
[/COLOR]
Posted
Ah, that must be the problem. Thank you Tasis. ^ ^ Anyway I went and un-subscribed to allot of threads. Hopefully the next time I check my email I will not have 101 emails, and only one not from OB. o_o

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...