Solo Tremaine Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 This was inspired by something I read yesterday, and I guess it borrows very heavily from the last two episodes of Evangelion. I like it, anyway. I'm not sure whether to describe it as poetry or literature. It's neither, really. Anyway, see what you think. "I want to mean something to somebody." [I]You do. You just don't realise it.[/I] "How do you know that?" [I]Because it's true.[/I] "You don't know that." [I]But [/I]you[I] do. Deep down, you know you do.[/I] "Leave me alone!" [I]Why?[/I] "Just leave me alone! You don't know me!" [I]But I am you. Who can know you better than you know yourself?[/I] "No-one, I guess." [I]Then why won't you admit the truth?[/I] "Because it doesn't feel like truth to me." [I]But the truth is the truth. How can it be anything else?[/I] "The truth can be changed depending on who interprets it." [I]Very good. But no matter how much it is changed, it will still have an element of truth in there.[/I] "So... you mean people do like me?" [I]Yes. They do.[/I] "And I mean something to them?" [I]Yes.[/I] "How do I know this is the truth?" [I]You see it in your actions and their reactions towards you. Everyone means something to somebody.[/I] "But... I don't mean enough to anybody." [I]Define enough.[/I] "Enough is... something more than normal. I want to be a friend to them." [I]Do they dislike you?[/I] "No, not exactly, but-" [I]Then they are your friends.[/I][I][/I] "Well, yes... but it's not the same." [I]You mean a deep friendship. One worth more than a conversation in passing.[/I] "Yes." [I]You wish for people to show you the same degree of compassion that you show them.[/I] "Yes." [I]You wish for appreciation by those you respect.[/I] "Yes." [I]You wish to be loved.[/I] "Yes." [I]Everyone needs love.[/I] "I know. But why can't I find it?" [I]Love is something that cannot be found. It must be nurtured and developed. It is not a simple object to pick up and put away inside you.[/I] "I know that. But I want to find it." [I]Everyone does. Everyone is searching for love.[/I] "That's different." [I]How?[/I] "I'm not looking for just any love." [I]You wish to find a soul mate.[/I] "Yes... and no." [I]Then what are you looking for?[/I] "I just want to be loved. I want to be someone's friend." [I]But you have friends who care about you. You just don't see it.[/I] "Why don't I see it?" [I]Because you are not selfish. You see what qualities you have to offer others before you see what they are offering you.[/I] "But I don't want to take anything from them." [I]Why?[/I] "Because I'm not greedy." [I]But they are offering it to you.[/I] "I feel guilty taking it." [I]But you do not feel guilty giving it. How is what they are doing any different to what you are doing?[/I] "It just is." [I]Because it's you?[/I] "Yes." [I]You do not feel their guilt upon taking your help.[/I] "Yes." [I]Then how do you know they do not also feel love, respect and appreciation for you at the same time?[/I] "I...don't." [I]Then how do you know you are not appreciated and loved?[/I] "Because they don't say so." [I]Not everything is conveyed in words.[/I] "So... I am respected?" [I]Yes.[/I] "And... I'm loved?" [I]Yes.[/I]
Mnemolth Posted January 4, 2003 Posted January 4, 2003 Your real name wouldn't be Smeagol by any chance would it? ;)
Shy Posted January 8, 2003 Posted January 8, 2003 [size=1]Just reading this makes me watch to watch the last two episodes of Evangelion again, heh. Nice work Solo. -Shy[/size]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now