OtakuBoards

I need info on tha x-box!!!

SSJ Gotenks ok

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1][color=darkblue] Oh, I thought you meant SSJ. Zidane, while owning a GCN and a PS2, I wouldn't recommend an Xbox, because you're not missing out on much, if you have 2 of the 3 leading consoles. You don't really need all three of them.[/color][/size]

I still will get xbox live just for the plain fact that i think it will be really cool and im not entirely bothered about the price of it although the subscription thing is a bit annoying and i also need to get a memory card and would like an extra controller or two as well incase i play multi player games.

[size=1][color=darkblue] If I had broadband, then I would get in no questions asked. But because I don't, I am stuck ,because it would mean paying out for broadband, monthly and installment, paying for Live starter set, AND then paying the subscribtion. Unless you already have broadband, then it's a hell of a lot to pay.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=darkblue] Broadband is great 'n' all, but I'm not going to loose sleep over not having it! I would rather buy a couple of System link ups, and have a gathering of people to play a huge game of whatever, and just kick some butt![/color][/size]

[size=1][color=darkblue] Vercetti, we have to do that at my house, I have two screens at my place. I just got to get my hands on a system link-up cable. Anyway, back to the topic, I am going to bring up another subject for discussion. Has anybody here even dented there 5000+ memory or whatever it is?[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=darkblue] Go to 'Memory' and look around on that, and somewhere it should say 'Blocks left', and mine just says 5000+, even though I have 5 game saves, and 3 soundtracks! I have a weird feeling, that it will all suddenly dissappear, and I will be left with no memory on my system. [b][i]*goes to count money in 'Alexus Bing's Memory Card' fund* Feel Free To Donate![/i][/b][/color][/size]

[size=1][color=darkblue] I just had one the shocks of my life. I decided to post it in here, because this is holding information about the Xbox in general.
[center][b]WARNING![/b][/center]
When transporting your Xbox, NEVER leave a game in the tray. I did this accidentally, and when setting my Xbox up at a different location, the disc tray opened, and my disc managed to sneak it's way out, and fell backwards into the hollow plastic shell. The 'eject' button was flashing green and orange, and I was panicking. However, after about 15 minutes of shaking and spinning and ejecting, with the help of my stepdad, I recovered my disc, which escaped with a minor scratch.
I was very scared, and I strongly doubt it did my 'box any good. You have been warned. LoL.[/color][/size]

hmmm i will keep that in mind as i usually transport my xbox to a different location each week, and also if you are playing the xbox you shouldnt move it while it is on with a disc in because it can get damaged and i only moved it once by mistake so i hope its ok but i think it is as nothing has gone wrong yet, and has anyones xbox frozen when they have been playing a game? mine hasn't which i am glad of.

[size=1][color=darkblue] I was told that the X Box freezed up and crashes regularly, but mine hasn't yet, so I guess that's either only a rumour, or true to the earlier systems. Nothing like that has ever happened on any game, and none of my friend's have experienced it either. Ah Well[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=darkblue] No, unfortuanetlewy you have to purchase the Offical DVD Remote to play DVD's on the X Box. This annoyed me, because the remote it's self is actually a) ugly and b) expensive. I guess it's Bill Gates way of pulling in a little extra cash. On the topic of DVD's; If you buy a DVD Region X disc, you can play DVD's from all over the world, meaning cheaper purchases. Has anyone got this and does it really work?[/color][/size]

The first part is really annoying but the second part sounds very interesting if it works as i think i will have to get this. I saw once there was like a world region disc for the Ps2 or something so i think their should be one for the xbox. I may have a look round for one or maybe people in computer shops will no more information or perhaps the internet.

[size=1][color=darkblue]There is one for the X Box, hence what I just said. It's called 'DVD Region X' disc. It doesn't involve any adjustments to your U.K system, just a disk before you play the DVD. I think this gives you a wider range of DVD's, plus at a cheaper price. They sell them in mail-order magazines, try Special Reserve, I know they have it in there[/color][/size]

Yeah i will look on the special reserve website as my 2 year subscription with them has expired and i can't be bothered to re-new it. This DVD Region X disc sounds good as that would mean you would able to get foreign films which would be out before they are in england if i am correct. I also saw this deal for the link cable for about £7.99 in GAME, but that might have stopped as it was in the sales so im not sure. There was also this thing for £40 which is like a complete link cable thing, it includes 4 link cables and this like machine thing that connects them all up, it was rather strange. Its easier to see it to understand i think though lol.

[size=1][color=darkblue] Yes, I saw that, it's very cool. It's basically all you need to play a 16 player game. It has a device in the middle, to activate which consoles are in the actual game. It sounds very fun. Has anybody actually play this yet? And if so, do you both need copies of the game?[/color][/size]

That 'DVD Region X' is on the PS2 too and you can get them for normal DVD players so not much new there really. That multi-player system looks damn confusing, but really fun if you have the room to play it in on. I don't think many people will get it, but if theres X-Box competition days or fun days I'm sure they will have it there to let friends or experienced players go head to head with many! :excited: That would be amazing on several games, but once again other consoles can do this. It's still amazing though! :)

[size=1][color=darkblue][b]X Box Screen?![/b]
O.k, o.k, so, I've heard of it before, but never actually seen one. These really do look good, better speakers etc. than others! This could also make system link-ups easier, as you wouldn't have to bring loads of T.Vs! I can't find the damn picture now, so have a look yourselfs ^_^;;;[/color][/size]

You were talking to me about that earlier alexus. I think it does sound pretty cool and if its like the width of the xbox like you said then it would sort of like a 14" tv screen added to it. I haven't actually heard about this myself, where did you find the information from so i can check it out also.

Oh right cool thanx Alexus, they actually have some pretty good deals on Ebay lol sorry this thread isn't really about Ebay but hey. Does the Xbox have a sound system like you could buy for the ps2? does anyone know what i mean or am i just completely on the wrong planet because im not exactly sure to be honest.