OtakuBoards

When to start a new topic?

Hyper

I know I'm not supposed to start a new topic about something that has already had a thread already.
And I know its against the rules to bring back old topics.

But when can I start a new topic?
I want to post something in an old thread, but I don't want to break the rules by brining back an old topic.

I was wondering when it was okay to bring an old topic back or start a new oen. I think I remember reading about a 30-day rule or something like that..

It depends whether an intelligent and worthwhile discussion can be brought about by the thread's 'resurrection', as it were. If you have something valid to say, then I can't see why it shouldn't be brought back, providing it can be replied to. It's when spam topics or threads that have been completely discussed to a point where nothing else can be said start coming back that they get closed. Or, any ones that start up old arguements long since settled. So really, it depends on the subject. Just as long as too many old topics aren't brought back. We don't want the whole archives regurgitated.

[quote][i]OB rules page[/i]
[b]· Repeating Currently Existing Threads:[/b] We ask members to be wary of other threads on the first page of each forum.[/quote]
Are the rules from that page relatively valid? I heard some talk about a "new rules page" coming soon.