Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
It is not illegal to have a back up of your gameboy/gameboy advance games incase your games stuff up and you cant get them replaced. Also you are allowed to have roms on your computer of games you do not own for 24 hours, then you have to delete them.
I was never asking anyone to do anything illegal, as they may have needed to do the same as I have.

I have now found a pokemon crystal rom, so don't worry.
Posted
[COLOR=deeppink]That is a false rumor. ROMS are illegal [i]no matter what[/i]. If you want proof, I could fish around for an old Nintendo Power statement the specifically states that. I don't have it with me right now, but I'll edit this later today if I find it.


Unless someone with more knowledge of this than I do posts, of course.[/color]
Posted
[color=indigo]Yes, it is indeed illegal to download a ROM, whether you have the original game or not. Also, the thing about it being legal if you delete it within 24 hours is completely false. [url=http://www.nintendo.com/corp/faqs/legal.html#authentic]Here's[/url] a page on Nintendo.com that specifically says it's illegal to download a ROM, no matter what.[/color]
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...