Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I only watch it for Simon's brutal honesty. It's funny to see people with absolutely [i]no[/i] singing ability to audition and be told [i]exactly[/i] how bad they really are with painstaking detail.

(I think I've said this before)
It's like going to a nascar race just to see a crash.
Posted
Considering my mom is obsessed with this show and I've been "converted" to a fan since the end of last season's, I guess I'll be watching it. I really hate pop and rap, but Simon is just too much. He makes it worthwile. :D
Posted
Simon IS telling the truth, but he is such a jerk. See, I like him and I don't.

I LOVE it when he tells off people that suck. (Sorry I'm so mean...)

But then he can seem so coldhearted.

Last episode was SO funny though....at first I was mad at how mean he was, but all my friends at school were laughing at the loser he told off. I guess I finally saw that he WAS telling the truth....but maybe just a little too harshly....^_^;
Posted
I stop watching the shows after the auditions(I rarely watch that, I just leave the T.v. on while I'm in the other room and come back trash hits my ears). That Kelly Girl got annoying before she won, and now she's making a movie. It makes no difference. She'll be on "Celebrity Boxing" in a couple years.
Posted
[QUOTE]She'll be on "Celebrity Boxing" in a couple years.[/QUOTE]

LOL! :laugh: That was a good one, I'm sorry, it's too funny. Your right though, all the losers who are one hit wonders go on that show. lol. I can't stop laughing. It's a strange thought to picture....
Posted
I love this show now. I truely hate this show at the same time.

I think its so funny, but I also think its horrible the way people sing. I mean, even most of the good ones still suck big time.

Its also really funny to see them suck up to the judges.

And need I say how harsh and funny it is to see simon break these fools down?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gokents [/i]
[B]And need I say how harsh and funny it is to see simon break these fools down? [/B][/QUOTE]

Need I say I actually found repect for this show? :p

At first, I thought it was going to be some sort of happy pappy claptrap, where even the people who sing so bad that frogs :frog: can croak better, are patronised and whatnot.

simon is a great judge, speaks his mind and doen't care what they think, makes the show really.

Anyhow, if you audition for a show like that, you have got to go thinking you might be accepted, but possibly won't, and don't let your hopes get too high. Then you won't be humiliated in fron of the camera when they show your every single tear.

If they have a New Zealand Idol. I'm going in and singing my absolute worst, make the judges sorry they ever let me in, and then hear what they have to say about me. (knowing New Zealand, they will water down the format somewhat)
Posted
I tink tat simon is the best jdge and all the peolpe who think they can sign. The way he tells them is hilarious! Anywho does anyone else think that Cory guy with the afro stunk. And that th hair stylist (forgot name )was really good.
Posted
I just recently watched this show for the first time. I didn't go in expecting a lot, since popular shows like [i]American Idol[/i] rarely live up to the hype in my book. [i]But[/i], I've enjoyed what I've seen.

Some of the singers are hilarious--almost cartoonish. I'll never forget that strange dude in the green sweater (the one Simon called "the worst singer in the world."). His voice was the funniest thing I've ever heard in my life and his body gestures were just as sad, lol. Plus, he went into an audition, talking about how unique he was, while sucking snot down his throat. It almost embarrassed [i]me[/i] to watch it.

I doubt that I'll watch every episode, but I'd definitely place [i]American Idol[/i] in the upper tier of reality-based television shows.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[color=teal][size=1][b]I shall watch it, solely because there is a contestant who graduated from my high school in '99. But I freakin' hate the show. Notice how you aren't hearing too much about that Kelly chick... The show's completely overhyped and stupid.

But that's just an innocent opinion, not worthy of harsh bashing and flaming.


--Mike
"char,char!"[/b][/color][/size]
Posted
I haven`t seen American Idol in a while. I been to busy falling to sleep on my homework. I would like to know whats happening now. I think the show gets a bit dull after the adutions. I liked that guy who was singing `` Like a Virgin``. That was funny.
Posted
[color=teal][size=1][b]Oh yeah, the "worst singer in the world"? Good times, my friend. Good times. *walks off*


--Mike
"char,char!"[/b][/color][/size]
Posted
I thought it was funny when the guy forgot the words to his song... So he just kept singing "I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you" to a chromatic scale.

Horrible...
Posted
Well no that the auditions are done, has anyone seen it lately. Well you may know by now but Frenchie is now gone due to the fact that she posed topless on some site!!!!

And everyone else, except 2 other people..(In my opinion) SUCK!!!

Yes this year AI is not doing so well! And who shall we blame. I'd say " THE PEOPLE WH TRIED OUT!"

BTW...Simon kicks butt and s truthful!!!
Posted
Did anyone else see it, I think it was on last night. The best and worst of American Idol?

It was hilariouse with what Simon said!

"They don't belong in Hollywood."

Girl: "What?"

"YOU don't belong in Hollywood."


You know what he was talking about ;)
Posted
It's sad what happened to Frenchie. Just because they found that out about her, they were 'forced' to take her out. It's just not fair.

I saw Best of the Worst. I'm still having nightmares over that dude who sang Like a Virgin....
Posted
I saw the best and the worst the other night. That guy who sung like a virgin was funny. I like inpersoning him to bother my family. I also like acting like that guy from N.Y. with the cut up pants.

I feel bad though that they took of Frenchie. I thought she was one of the best singers they had. How they find out anyway ? I didn`t see. Anyway I want to see the finalist.
Posted
I wanted Frenchi to win this competion. She was absolutely wonderful...But they found out in her resume...She told them what happened...and that's how she was kicked out!!! It was on Entertainment Tonight a few weeks ago!!!
Posted
Wow! I wish I saw but like I said in one of my earlier post ,I`ve been busy falling to sleep on my homework. I feel bad though but I guess they had to do it because if she did win then that might be in the papers and it would be a big thing similar to whats happening with Michael Jackson. The media could be so cruel sometimes.

Anyway to the main topic I hope that tonight the talent is good. I also hope that the winner is a really good singer not a okay singer.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...