Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hey,
I read something in an article in newtype yesterday, and something called my attention - i saw that i dont know anything about Evengelion's creator, and what is he doing for the moment - if he is doing anything....... They said that it is not so likely for him to write a sequel to Eva, wich a relief, but i'd like to know why he's kind of out of the media....... I heard a rumor in Brazil a long time ago that he went kind of crazy during the making of Eva. Is that true? I dint think so at the time......... Anyway, if anybody could give a hint just to make me understand a little bit more, that would help.........
Thanks,
YM.
Posted
[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]I've read that Anno was already mentally unstable when he made EVA. Evangelion, from what I've read, is the expression of his instability as a human being. The characters of Evangelion represent different personalities of himself and of those close to him.

Or some other ****. :)[/color][/font]
Posted
Anno sufferd a breakdown arround the end of the series, and because of his breakdown and a slashed budget, Eps 25 + 26 are uhhh....not as good so when he was "better" (not really) they made the movie to finnish the series. After Eva he went and made a documentry about child prostitution. He is also currently making his and her circumstances, and I think he made Nadesco if I'm not mistaken...
Posted
I'm pretty sure that the creator of Evangelion was in a state of depression when he wrote Evangelion. Not hard to figure that out, since the series had all these people who just went crazy. And then it gets to a point (eps 25 and 26) and the series just goes beserk. I'm guessing that's the part when the creator officially went crazy.

In interesting fact about Evangelion, however, is that it's being remastered on DVD. It's already out on DVD now, but what they are currently working on is a project to upgrade picture and sound to the 21st century. It's kind of like what it would have been if it was made with today's technology. Same story, better visuals and sounds.
Posted
To bad I bought it already...Will it have director's cut? That suff is sweet, i have the Japenese version with it and it makes the series make soooo much more sense...
Posted
I wasn't aware that there was a Japanese version available in the states. Is it worth buying? That is...I have the American release so should I bother? Also, what's a good price for that?

As far as Anno's state of mind. Yeah, he had daddy issues. But, the series is what it is [i]because[/i] of those issues. I know no one is saying any different it's just that it's important to say! :)
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
For those of you that have to know Anno had a mental breakdown around episode 25 and 26 of evangelion. Afterwards fans demanded a more clearer explaination of the series ending so he made the movie, his frustration grew to a large ammount and decided that he would not do an anime series again and no he was not responsible for Nadesico, the co-creator of Macross was.
Posted
ah! ok thanks for the clarification. That would explaing the jump to documentry for him. Yeah you can pick up the Japenese version with directors cut from discountanimiedvd.com for about $33.
Guest Watinabe
Posted
[quote]For those of you that have to know Anno had a mental breakdown around episode 25 and 26 of evangelion. Afterwards fans demanded a more clearer explaination of the series ending so he made the movie, his frustration grew to a large ammount and decided that he would not do an anime series again and no he was not responsible for Nadesico, the co-creator of Macross was.[/quote]
Origanally posted by RickHunter


Thats right :cool:
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Watinabe [/i]
[B]


Thats right :cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

:D You'll find out I'm almost always right...and your very welcomed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...