Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Such an excellent movie. The utter banality of the dialogue is perfect. The characters just talk about nothing and it's so great!
34 drummers...some exploding, some choking on other people's vomit, gardening accidents...such great situational comedy.

And the concerts rock.

I was very pleased to see Billy Crystal and Bruno Kirby, too.

I've watched it about 3 times in the past week.

"These go up to eleven."
Posted
This is a [i]GREAT[/i] movie. For some reason the way it's put together kind of reminds me of "American Movie". Except for the obvious fact that "This is Spinal Tap" was scripted and the guys in "American Movie" are just real idiots. Does anyone know of any similar movies? I know "Waiting for Gufman" was a fake documentary and is funny for some of the same reasons.
Posted
Though, apparently, most of Spinal Tap was improvised. Rob Reiner had a basic outline of what he wanted and the actors took it from there. I'm not sure what was improv and what was scripted, but I think that's how it should be. Improv should blend seemlessly with the written part. That's what This Is Spinal Tap is. :)
Posted
Yeah, i'm sorry my mistake. What I ment was that "American Movie" was a real documentary while "This is Spinal Tap" was not. American Movie was so messed up but still real, that's one of the reasons that I liked it so much.
Posted
American movie's pretty funny, but also kind of depressing. These guys aren't stupid funny like "Dumb and Dumber" but more almost more of a pity funny... then again, they are true to thier "art" which is something to admire. At least they didn't sell out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...