OtakuBoards

Would it be possible...

juna

Not sure if anyone has suggested this, I checked but couldnt find anything...

I would like to propose, that in the new version, if it's do-able, on "Edit" in the last post of a thread, the thread be moved up to the top of the rotation on the "new posts" board for that topic.

Example: (I'll use myself, it just makes it easier)
I'm kinda new to the boards, so honestly, not too many peeps post on my work (awww, poor me ^_~). Double posting is against the rules, but if you Edit your last post, the thread just sits in the same spot... that's no fun. >_<

I thought that maybe if yaw'll did an "on edit" rule, the thread moves up, saves on some double posting, and less new threads from people that want to follow the rules, but their stuff sits in queue towards the bottom, so they just start a new one.

I guess one can always double post, then edit the post into their original before the Mods see it, shrug, just a lot of work.

Tis just a suggestion. §Ö_Ö§

[size=1]Yeah, the best thing you can do in this sitution is to delete your last post and copy what it said into a new post. It works okay. Otherwise, we'd have posts edited for spelling errors or what-have-you bumped up to the top of the page all the time.[/size]

I never thought of that,...
... maybe we could encorporate some kind of, "New Content" checkbox? That way, if someone is fixing a spelling error, they can forgo the thread going to the top of rotation again by leaving the box unchecked (which by default it would be).... ^_^

I don't believe that it would be too feasible to allow thread bumping due to an edit. If anything, it would be more of a "cause" than a "cure." Meaning, obviously, it would lead to more problems than it's worth.

I could easily imagine members needlessly bumping threads just for the sake of doing so, so that their threads could remain sitting atop the topic list. Furthermore, it could also lead to confusion and annoyance; you may, thinking that a thread's discussion has matured, visit it only to find that a simple spelling mistake has been corrected.

If interest truly remains in a topic, you should be able to edit your post to add material with the confidence that someone else will visit and notice. If no one is even reading the topic any longer, then its life cycle shouldn't be increased, anyway.

Ah Charles, your innocent ways... ^_~

As I had said in my example, "for us newbies".
I do agree with what you said tho, I guess... in a way, with the whole people "needlessly bumping threads",...

I'm sorry I had such a *horrible* idea... I'll never think of one again. *pounds head on desk in shame* Laf. ^_~

For real tho - twas just an idea, I have something similar to that for my Call Ticketing site at work that was really super easy to code up, thought it might be handy here too, didn't take into mind that people would be "needlessly bumping threads"... thankfully the techies around here don't.

I'll just double post then edit it into the first post in lighting quick speed... ^_^