Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I don't know when I first watched it i thought it was un-believably pathetic, but I mean now as Domon said it wasn't too bad. I mean compared to the beginning its much better....*shrugs* I could continue to watch it
Posted
You know, God forbid a show not be targeted at your age group...

SD Gundam is a vehicle to get younger kids to like anime. Most younger kids like bright colors, silly voices and cute (subjectively) characters.

[b]You're not supposed to like it; it's aimed at a different audience.[/b] You might as well pick on Barney.

The ideal situation is that some kid who likes SD Gundam will eventually watch the other Gundam shows, thus Gundam makes more money and continues producing shows. You would think that "fans" of the genre (of which I am not) of Gundam would be more appreciate of ways to gain new fans.

Not everything in the world is made just for you. Grow up.
Posted
[size=1][color="666666"]
SD Gundam like Domon says is not half bad. I been watching many episodes but the one's that I did not like was the first few episodes. It kinda made a mockery of the Gundam Series but I have to hand it to whoever made the show they had great computer skills. The graphics is awesome because they are made by computers. I personally can sat down and enjoy the show. I mean the gundam Named Zero is awesome. Well atleast to me anyway...
[/size][/color]
Posted
[color="666666"][size=1]
Shibatku, I agree that it pretty much targets the younger age group but the story line seems to be little like for the older type if you listen and all. I axually like the way they made the gundams. I believe it is made all out of computer?
[/size][/color]
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
Can't stand SD Gundam. I realize it was created for a different age group, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
The little mecha things made me laugh for over an hour the first time I saw them. Any thought about the funky way they moved produced chuckles even days later. But that was the only sorta positive feeling the show produced. After the first accidental veiwing, I tried to watch it free of hillarity/uncontrolled laughter, and failed horribly. So I contented myself to checking it out on the net, and found it had next to nothing in common with any of the other Gundam stories, and abanded all hope of ever choosing it as a favored anime. *sigh* Its title sounded SO promising too...no use crying over dumb anime.
Posted
[font=arial][color=deeppink]
True, it was created for little kids. But why make a parody of something older people watch, and then target it for little kids? It would just seem smarter to make a parody of it, and target it to the older people who would actually understand all the jokes. It wasn't even a well-made parody, like someone had started out making it as a parody, then just went out on their own little branch, and then handed it over to the younger audiences. Personally, as a huge fan of Gundaw Wing, I think show is rather sad, whatever age group.

[i]-Karma[/i]
[/color][/font]
Posted
I only watched 1 episode gave up then got bored again and started 2 watch it again. There's only 1 part I like and thats The Zako Zako Hour its perfect for little kids but yah I kinda agree they need more for us older ppl.
Posted
If, indeed, we can classify this scarring peice of television waste as a childrens' programme, I do not understand why Cartoon Network is intent on subjecting older and less reasonable viewers (myself definately included) to it through Toonami, a self-styled devotee of everything truly action-oriented.

((And, more to the point, if I had truly wanted to see a misogynistic and malformed version of Heero Yuy's (Wing) Zero Gundam fighting bumbling little Hoover prototype rejects, I would have beaten _myself_ over the head several times with large objects, thank you very much.))
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cahoots34 [/i]
[B]If, indeed, we can classify this scarring peice of television waste as a childrens' programme, I do not understand why Cartoon Network is intent on subjecting older and less reasonable viewers (myself definately included) to it through Toonami, a self-styled devotee of everything truly action-oriented.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Well, gee, you could just not watch it. No one's being 'subjugated' to anything. Don't like it? Don't watch it. Problem solved.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...