OtakuBoards

newspapers

Navi

heres part of a comic i scanned. its from todays sunday newspaper. and no, i don't only read the newspaper for the comics, which are the least bit amusing, i read about whats happening in the world.

what do you think about it?

Guest Master O Beans
mommy, what's wrong with that guys hair?

Heh, sorry :p
Well, I'm not sure what the comic was goin' for....it's late and I don't tend to grasp many ideas when I am this tired...
...but whether or not it's related, oh well, I'll say it anyway...
...it seems like some people are just dying to get attention these days! they go way out of their way to be different...

...PS - I think I'm losing it, I just realized I had my left eye closed the whole time I typed this....**me begins to question my sanity...and doesn't like the answer...**

It is showing how today's youth raise many questions that elder generations never had to answer before. Look at the huge generational gap between the punk kid and the two adults. One expresses himself with his hair, clothes, and body piercings. The others lead a normal, stereotypical life. Because our generation has to live with so many different things than the older generations did, such as terrorism, inflation, and the depletion of natural resources, the older generations never had to worry about it as much. We raise more questions than elders are prepared to give us answers to, because they've never experienced things like this for themselves. The world has changed drastically between these two generations, and that is what the cartoon is trying to emphasize. Ok, I'm done. I had to analyse a political cartoon almost every day last year in government, and it's become a bad habit.....

Guest Voodookanaka
'.....' I think I know what u mean. I guess Id need to have experience of life out of the kids sub-culture myself to truelly understand.