Guest displaced_ Posted September 5, 2003 Posted September 5, 2003 Music is nearly everything to me, and every once in a while you find a song that's just amazing. My friend introduced me to a singer with the Icelandic edge, Emiliana Torrini. My favorite song of hers, currently, is [I]To Be Free[/i] (it's off the [i]Crazy/Beautiful[/i] soundtrack, apparently). Her writing is, IMO, beautiful and moving and genuinely thought-provoking. Lyrics for [i]To Be Free:[/i] [i]Once in a house on a hill A boy got angry He broke into my heart For a day and a night I stayed beside him Until I had no hope So I came down the hill Of course I was hurt But then I started to think It shouldn't hurt me to be free It's what I really need To pull myself together But if it's so good being free Would you mind telling me Why I don't know what to do with myself There's a bar by the dock Where I found myself Drinking with this man He offered me a cigarette And I accepted 'Cause it's been a very long time As it burned 'till the end I thought of the boy No one could ever forget It shouldn't hurt me to be free It's what I really need To pull myself together But if it's so good being free Would you mind telling me Why I don't know what to do with myself To pull myself together But if it's so good being free Would you mind telling me Why I don't know what to do with myself To pull myself together But if it's so good being free Would you mind telling me Why I don't know what to do with myself[/i] ::sighs:: I recommend her to all of you, despite your taste in music.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now