OtakuBoards

Is it worth it?

Guest jim

I'd like to include a thread that has to do with advice on whether or not a certain anime is worth buying.
I know this could be tricky because it opens up a lot of opportunities to plug your own sales;:rolleyes: but I think an advice thread for fans is desperately needed so they can get an idea if they'd like the anime they're looking at . Someone who already ownes the series/movie could tell that person what they know about it, and then they could decide for themselves whether they'd like it or not. This could give them more info. in addition to the reviews on theotaku.com ..... just a thought.

I, personally, would like to know a little bit more about slayers. I'm thinking about getting the first series, but I don't really know much about it. I have seen the first slayers movie, though, the one with naga in it, and thought it was pretty funny. If anyone has advice I'd be really grateful! :whoops:

Oh, the Slayers is deffenelty worth it. its probably one of the funniest anime's out there along with FLCL. I remeber when the main character would do her special attack. "Sun glasses everyone." Asn then they all pull out there sunglasses. Thats jsut classic. And the character are so memorable. I could put down about 50 jokes that me and my buds laughed out loud at and thats jsut in the Try Saga. i highly reccomend it along with FLCL and Trigun if your into Action/Comedy Anime.

• 2 weeks later...
Def. the slayers is excellent. I've been watching them since I was in 10th grade, well, I have them on VHS. Time to up grade to DVD. Lina inverse is the most awesome main blow them up type character you could ever meet. You will love her, and her small little girlish type figure. If you have seen them you will know what I mean. You have to watch them they are just so funny, so funny. I'm not so sure about FCLC but I have to check that out, the tapes have to be more funny then the adult swim version. It's always that way.

[color=indigo]
Please buy Slayers! You'll do yourself an incredible disservice if you don't! I've seen all, three series on tv, and LOVE them all! Oh, and please buy sub- the dubbed version is not nearly as funny. But it's simple and easy to understand, funny, silly, yet dramatic, romantic, tragic- just buy it already, okay? I mean, it's an otaku's dream! (AND YES, THIS IS BY FAR ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITE SERIES!)
[/color]

Wow, how can I not get it now? :eek: It looks like slayers has a lot of support! As far as FLCL goes, I can't really say. I've heard it has good parts and is generally funny, but it's hard to understand... I do know the dvd's will be better than what cartoon network is showing.