OtakuBoards

Ocean Colour Scene

Brasil

Howdy, just seeing how many here know of Ocean Colour Scene.

They're one of my favorite bands, they've been around for a few years now. I think their debut album was early 90s, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I highly recommend them if you like The Beatles--they're essentially a modern version of them. British, rock, excellent musicians, poignant songs.

To start, I'd suggest getting Songs For The Front Row: The Best of Ocean Colour Scene.

The selections are quite good, some songs are high energy, some mellow ballads. Each song complements the one before it.

The first time I heard OCS was in the movie, Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. OCS performed the theme (Hundred Mile City)...that got my brother and me interested. We sampled two or three of the band's songs, then I bought 2 of their CDs, their debut album for my bro (which is stunning), and the Best Of album I mentioned earlier.

Ocean Colour Scene. You won't be disappointed.

They are great, i have noticed latley a Brit Rock come back latley (which i love since this is the music i'm into). Even Americans have been discussing it latley which i am happy to see.

Anyway, OCS are great, i am infact going to see them this December in Glasgow! I LOVE The Riverboat Song. So if anyone wants a good song to listen to, listen to that ;).

Shinobi, awesome. I might be heading to England next year in May; I'm going to have to snoop around, see if OCS is playing anywhere.

Blown Away is another good one, and Profit In Peace is very nice, too.

It's really cool when one discovers a band after watching a movie.

OCS and Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels...

Spinal Tap and This Is Spinal Tap...(yes, a fictional band, but still has real music)

But OCS takes the cake.